Naz18
    Naz18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1940

Put it this way...it's not deliberate parking the bus...if they could keep possession they would.

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

What a miss, get Pedro on!

showtiime
    Update your status
    showtiime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5853

Livin' up to your name here guy, last time I heard games continue after the 1st half.

Seriously though - ballsy play that may (not likely) hit, Barca will get their crucial away goal, Chelsea will lapse eventually.

RubberKettle

The one time Drogba is actually fouled Mash says he dived. The irony.

RubberKettle

Quote Originally Posted by RubberKettle View Post
    What a miss, get Pedro on!
    Good to see Pep reads the boards

becketmcginn
    becketmcginn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 46

Messi appears one move away from breaking free...wonder if he can these last 10 or so minutes

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think there needs to be much more tighter post match review of the supposed injuries. Drogba's at least gone down and rolled around grabbing something 7 times -- AT LEAST!

They need to fine the players as it looks awful to a casual soccer fan like myself. I realize it will always be part of the game but it's disgraceful to watch.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

good save

ThaWoj
    hope i dont wake up tomorrow
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3427

wow what a save

showtiime
    Update your status

what a save!

ThaWoj
    hope i dont wake up tomorrow
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3427

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

How did Barca miss that opportunity

FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

chelsea is so Fuked when they play barca at home

showtiime
    Update your status

soul786
    soul786's Avatar Become A Pro!

the better team did NOT win that match. One lucky breakaway by the paid actor drogba. Pound barca at home

NotSammySosa
    Writing blank checks to banks
    NotSammySosa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 181

would it have killed them to score 1 goal?

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

**** had 2 or 3 goals for the match, never win in this sport, had under 2.5 yesterday.

Naz18
    Naz18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1940

Quote Originally Posted by hels View Post
    I think there needs to be much more tighter post match review of the supposed injuries. Drogba's at least gone down and rolled around grabbing something 7 times -- AT LEAST!

They need to fine the players as it looks awful to a casual soccer fan like myself. I realize it will always be part of the game but it's disgraceful to watch.
    The thing is it really gets overdone in the big games...you won't see it much in league games.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

good game. i live bet chelsea once they were winning. not a soccer expert

pellumb341
    pellumb341's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6018

chelsea won , but the football lost ...Parking the bus , Mata playing left defender , Drogba an professional actor , 20 % possession , one shot in target due to a counter-attack ... ADIOS football !!! if all teams would play like chelsea , then nobody would see football !!!

next game Barcelona -2.5 and hasta la vista chelsea !!!

RubberKettle

In defense of Chelsea this is about the best I can find.

I have to say what I find the most worrying about this mbm is the disgust people have shown with Chelsea adopting a somewhat agricultural approach to the match," belches Andrew Washbrook. "They are playing a team that is quicker, slicker and a far greater attacking threat than anything they have faced this year. I think it is perfectly acceptable to park the bus and put any part of their anatatomy on the line to halt a Barca attack. It's a valid form of football, and while it would be nice to Chelsea go all gung-ho, it doesn't really work for them against Norwich, so why the hell would they try it against the best team in the world?"

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Chelsea with all the luck in the world in this one. But Barca can't complain. They had plenty of easy chances. Anyway, the Nou Camp pitch is much wider, so Chelsea won't be able to clog up the middle so easily.

eXon
    eXon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Horse View Post
    Chelsea with all the luck in the world in this one. But Barca can't complain. They had plenty of easy chances. Anyway, the Nou Camp pitch is much wider, so Chelsea won't be able to clog up the middle so easily.
    You are right, even though I had a small bet on Chelsea to win it, I hate when this type of football is played, it simply ruins the whole match. Barca will demolish them at camp nou.

meckis
    meckis's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8113

Chelsea were lucky, it will be very interesting both semi finals second games.

hitman09
    hitman09's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 50

Second game odd: Barca -1.5 vs Chelsea, jump on in, then Barca kill $$$ again lol. Cheaters from the past gotta paid back w/ interests from years.

itriedsohard
    BIG PLAYS
    itriedsohard's Avatar Become A Pro!

lol @ all the barca fans.

RubberKettle

Maybe Chelsea's play today spoiled this game, but it makes the next game even better....right?

BigTimeWinner
    BigTimeWinner's Avatar Become A Pro!

should be an easy win for Barca @home. It is similar to the Milan situation, except this time Barca played vs a team who had 1 shot on goal and scored one goal.

The ONLY way Chelsea will go to the final is if the bookies want to make it happen, which I doubt ...

Wotton
    Wotton's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 371

Quote Originally Posted by BigTimeWinner View Post
    should be an easy win for Barca @home. It is similar to the Milan situation, except this time Barca played vs a team who had 1 shot on goal and scored one goal.

The ONLY way Chelsea will go to the final is if the bookies want to make it happen, which I doubt ...
    Chelsea defended better than Milan: they handled Messi very well who often had to take the ball farther than usual from Chelsea's goal, a sign that the Barcelone midfield for various reasons was not as awesome as usual. And Drogba in his role as target man was a far more challenging player than Ibrahimovic. He scored one goal sure but during the whole game he was winning a lot of duels and really was essential to the way counter attacks developed. I still think Barcelone will qualify although looking at the odds right now you have an implied 70% probability of Barcelone qualifying themselves and it will I suppose go up in the next days so it might actually be +Ev to bet on Chelsea getting to the finals.

FindTheLock

Quote Originally Posted by Wotton View Post
    Chelsea defended better than Milan: they handled Messi very well who often had to take the ball farther than usual from Chelsea's goal, a sign that the Barcelone midfield for various reasons was not as awesome as usual. And Drogba in his role as target man was a far more challenging player than Ibrahimovic. He scored one goal sure but during the whole game he was winning a lot of duels and really was essential to the way counter attacks developed. I still think Barcelone will qualify although looking at the odds right now you have an implied 70% probability of Barcelone qualifying themselves and it will I suppose go up in the next days so it might actually be +Ev to bet on Chelsea getting to the finals.
    it had nothing to do with defense. Did you see how many shots hit the post? Did you see how many times barca players fanned on wide open shots? This game could have ended 1-5 if there wasn't so much bad luck. Chelsea's defense wasn't very good, but Barcelona's offense was worse.

ultrasouth
    Update your status
    ultrasouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1256

Quote Originally Posted by BigTimeWinner View Post

Um the only way they will make it if its a 0-0,scoring draw or a narrow 1 goal loss 2-1..3-2 .They do need to park the bus and hope for the best barca should go through but if chelsea go through it will not surprise me. You really believe the barca players need the money from the bookies to rig a game???

Wotton
    Wotton's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 371

Quote Originally Posted by FindTheLock View Post
    it had nothing to do with defense. Did you see how many shots hit the post? Did you see how many times barca players fanned on wide open shots? This game could have ended 1-5 if there wasn't so much bad luck. Chelsea's defense wasn't very good, but Barcelona's offense was worse.
    This is Barcelone. They will always have a lot of chances. But it was somewhat subdued by the way, I maintain it, Chelsea defended. And I don't see how it has anything to do with luck: hitting a post is simply failing at scoring,it's just like when you put the ball at 10 yards of the goal, it's the same... The thing is if you say " chelsea's defense wasn't very good but Barcelona offense's was worse" then you have to conclude that Barcelona offense was worse for a reason.

RubberKettle

This is Barcelone. They will always have a lot of chances. But it was somewhat subdued by the way, I maintain it, Chelsea defended. And I don't see how it has anything to do with luck: hitting a post is simply failing at scoring,it's just like when you put the ball at 10 yards of the goal, it's the same... The thing is if you say " chelsea's defense wasn't very good but Barcelona offense's was worse" then you have to conclude that Barcelona offense was worse for a reason.
    Sharp post

itriedsohard
    BIG PLAYS
    itriedsohard's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dominated

FindTheLock

So it is not possible for a team to play poorly on defense and have the other team play poorly on offense? Someone must get credit for Barcelona missing WIDE OPEN looks at the net? Chelsea was DOMINATED in that game and it wasn't because they played great defense. The best defender on Chelsea's team was the goal post and the cross bar. You can make your own conclusions, but after watching that game 3 times I would not consider relying on the post as your best defender good defense. Just my opinion though.

First 12