brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Is College Football >>>>>>>> Pro Football when it comes to betting???

I routinely find lines in college that are off by a huge margin... for example I thought Tulsa playing at home vs OKST (there were more OSU fans there than Tulsa fans and Tulsa was playing without their star receiver) as a 14 point underdog was ridiculous. That line should have been 28

I also thought Wisconsin at home with Russ Wilson in week 2 and that dominant run game vs Oregon St should have been a 28-31 point line (Wisconsin ended up winning by 35 on a 20 point spread). Stanford on the road against a horrible duke team should have also been a 30 point favorite (only a 20 pt favorite)

In pro football, you almost never see that kind of differential. It seems that because there are so few teams in pro football, all the games are super super sharp

Do most of you guys have better success in college or pro football?? Ive been good at both so far this year but my college numbers are much stronger - I'm 9-2 in college and 8-3 or 8-4 in pro football

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

If you mean "easier," then yes, it is. Lines aren't as sharp because of how many games there are and the volume of bets taken on NFL vs. college.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    If you mean "easier," then yes, it is. Lines aren't as sharp because of how many games there are and the volume of bets taken on NFL vs. college.

I knew it. I think it's easier by a large margin too

Naz18
    Naz18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1940

Very hard to profit from the NFL....

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by Naz18 View Post
    Very hard to profit from the NFL....

I don't agree. Totals and Teasers are the way to go in pro football

the Cowboys and Patriots went a combined 26-6 on the OVER last year. A smart bettor recognizes that 1/3 the way through the season and rides it out thru rest of the season

to me there's 3 ways to make money in pro football betting

1)Totals - Teams routinely have great records in either overs or unders in pro football. There were 5 teams last year in Pro Football that covered the OVER in at least 11 of their 16 games (69% winning percentage)

2)Spreads - hardest thing to do in pro football. The best thing is to find teams that are terrible ATS - Seattle, Denver and Carolina all got blown out in the overwhelming majority of their games against good teams last year. The colts and chiefs look like 2 teams that will get blown out a lot this year

3)Teasers - find teams that nearly always win when they're 7-10 point favorites (think atlanta, new england etc...) and teams that always play close games when the line is smaller (think tampa, carolina, cincinatti, etc...)
    Last edited by brahmabull117; 09-23-11 at 03:45 AM.

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
    I routinely find lines in college that are off by a huge margin...
    Do you also routinely brag about your air handicapping after the games have been played?

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by TheCentaur View Post
    Do you also routinely brag about your air handicapping after the games have been played?

I made threads on every one of those plays before the games started dude

and It's not that I was bragging about my handicapping, I think anybody can find lines like that all the time with some research

TheCentaur

ok you pick all the games tomorrow you think are way off and state what you think the actual spread should be. I will take the current spread. He who has the most picks closest to their spread wins 13 betpoints. What do you say?

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by TheCentaur View Post
    ok you pick all the games tomorrow you think are way off and state what you think the actual spread should be. I will take the current spread. He who has the most picks closest to their spread wins 13 betpoints. What do you say?

I don't want to deal with these silly contests dude, because I don't care who is a better bettor. I just want to win money. If you want to talk picks, come in the college or pro section.

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

theres not as much info and media coverage for college games

and are they more likely to shave points because they're not getting a paycheck?

TheCentaur

Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
    I don't want to deal with these silly contests dude, because I don't care who is a better bettor. I just want to win money. If you want to talk picks, come in the college or pro section.
    I'm not saying I'm a better bettor, I'm saying you're out of your mind.

jeffdane
    jeffdane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

i bet the chargers dont get blown out too much this year. just saying.

Intuitive_Edge
    Bi-Winning +EV
    Intuitive_Edge's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 291

NFL is a league driven by intense rivalry games that are usually close and EXTREME parody. Anybody can win on any given week.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by jeffdane View Post
    i bet the chargers dont get blown out too much this year. just saying.

u know I meant to say chiefs. I always get those confused

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by Intuitive_Edge View Post
    NFL is a league driven by intense Rivalry games that are usually close and EXTREME parody. Anybody can win on any given week.

and that's why you tease, tease and tease some more

fukk nearly any rivalry game with the ravens/jets, steelers/jets, steelers/ravens, packers/bears, saints/falcons, falcons/buccaneers, packers/lions, ends up being a close game like 80-90% of the time so you can tease the underdog and be sure of a winner the overwhelming majority of the time