RoadDog
    I'm not negative, I'm a realist
    RoadDog's Avatar Become A Pro!

Brendan Shannahan

Andrew Shaw suspended 3 games (4 if you include his game misconduct in game 2) for his "hit" on goaltender Mike Smith. Shea Webber given 0 game suspension for this...

Inconsistent rulings due to the fame of the players. Brendan Shannahan, kill yourself.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

He is making sure not to favor his former teams. Quite obvious.

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

Yeah these rulings are all over the board. Its marginalizing the NHL playoffs.

I read today that Backstrom has a review today for cross checking Peverley at the end of game 3 yet there is no word of punishment for Milan Lucic who was the obvious instigator of last nights donnybrooks.

I am a Bruins fan too, but Backstrom should not be suspend right?

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    He is making sure not to favor his former teams. Quite obvious.
    Completely agree. The NHL was stupid hiring a former player to be the disciplinarian. There is no way that past players/teams won't have influence on his decisions.

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by RubberKettle View Post

I read today that Backstrom has a review today for cross checking Peverley at the end of game 3 yet there is no word of punishment for Milan Lucic who was the obvious instigator of last nights donnybrooks.

The referees don't even know what to call anymore during the game. You see hits from behind all over the place but tap someone with your stick and you'll get a penalty.

RoadDog

If Toews "hit" Smith like that there would be no suspension. Because its Andrew Shaw, he gets a 7 year ban. Andrew Shaw might not be a big name but he's about the only guy on the Hawks right now bringing that sandpaper-ass playoff intensity. Dude's a pain in the ass on the ice for the other team. Huge loss. Again, Brendan Shannahan....kill yourself.

odog11
    It aint easy being greasy.
    odog11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3197

He already is suspended, automatic suspension for the match penalty he got. They would have to reverse that and I can't see any justification for doing that. What message would that send? If you are a star/important player you can get away with unjustified contact to the head? Oh wait, they already did that when they didn't suspend Weber.

RubberKettle

^ I did not know he got a match penalty. Thank you for informing me.

RoadDog

But I will say this. This may be the spark that lights the fire under the Hawks ass. I can see the locker room now. Shaw telling the team, "play like i would tonight, boys." Hawks come out and destroy this team tonight. -1.5 +200 not lookin too bad. Worth a shot.

odog11
    It aint easy being greasy.
    odog11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3197

^ I did not know he got a match penalty. Thank you for informing me.
    Here is the video, Hunter claiming he was "protecting" his head, really? . If Shanahan wants to protect it he better leave the 1 game suspension alone.

RubberKettle

Thanks for posting. I am forced to watch the Capitals broadcast here in Baltimore. No surprise they did not show this at the end of the game.

bruceBRUCEbruce
    bruceBRUCEbruce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1959

Shannahan is as bad as Campbell, if not worse. I did not think that was possible.
    They should have hired someone with a brain, from outside the NHL fraternity, perhaps
    from a legal background. Shanny seems to contradict himself with every other explanation...

Bulls55
    Bulls55's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20

If you watch that video, keep an eye on Ovechkins stick. He pitch forks Peverly right in the groin, so Peverly tripped him. And then that pussy Backstrom comes in and crosschecks him in the face.
    Shanahan better wake up!!!

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage
    keyboarding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 972

Quote Originally Posted by bruceBRUCEbruce View Post
    Shannahan is as bad as Campbell, if not worse. I did not think that was possible.
    They should have hired someone with a brain, from outside the NHL fraternity, perhaps
    from a legal background. Shanny seems to contradict himself with every other explanation...
    I think he might actually be worse because I think his job is much easier now. The head shots are so painfully obvious it would take a retard not to be handing out more severe suspensions. Shanahan is a fukking goof. They need to replace him with someone who has been hit (Kariya, Moore, etc) so that they can protect players. Instead you get this fukking big idiot who doesn't suspend Weber for what is an outright aggravated assault charge on the ice.

The NHL is the only league that doesn't seem to want to protect its stars. Fukking clowns.

RubberKettle

Mike Milbury says Backstrom should get 5 games.

Mad Mike is still absolutely mad.