GunnShow
    GunnShow's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by PuckIt View Post
    What do these stats represent? You say "attendances," but I don't see how that is an accurate description. Is it total seats in the arena? If so, that's a worthless stat to try to prove your point. The Pens have sold out every home game for five years straight.
    Those are the average attendances for every home game in 2011-2012. However, since every rink has different capacity, it doesn't mean a heck of a lot. Chicago's capacity is roughly 20,500, Toronto's is around 18,800 and Pittsburgh is around 18,080. Montreal's is over 21,000

http://espn.go.com/nhl/attendance

Nicky Santoro
    Nicky Santoro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9461

good to see you all too. i haven't posted because.. well, i finally got a life. i noticed that when i was crazy posting, i was in a depression. i swear to god, i believe that 93.4% of people that post must be in a depression. i bet you JJgold must be depressed. why else would anyone sit home all day when it's 83 degrees and sunny and post? back then, i would avoid reality by staying home and talking with people i don't even know.

back to the subject. ever since i was 6, i have been obsessed with hockey being big in the US. i dream our sport becomes really big, and finally, it could be happening. did you know that on SUN, the flyers/pens game in US had 73% more viewers than the prev record in US. and there were a full slate of baseball games, also, it went against Heat/Knicks game on ABC, and it was hot and sunny all over eastern US.. people were outside. wow, i am so proud. imagine if there were no 14 aft noon ballgames or heat/knicks on abc. i think the violence is doing it, i guess people love violence. which is why bettman won't change a thing. NHL is breaking all records in viewership in playoffs. i watch this show called sportsnation on ESPN. usually, nothing on hockey, only nba, mlb and nfl. yesterday, 84% of show was only hockey. i love it.

Keyboarding, you're right. hockey is huge here. you know if you tune into MTL radio in july or aug when it's 104 deg, you will only hear hockey talk, nothing else. if columbus trades a 6th rounder for a 9th rounder in july, you'll hear it all day on mtl radio.. it's sick here. no mlb talk, no nfl, no nba, JUST NHL and habs.

Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

Nicky youve been here. Havent missed a day of logging in. Just a fly on the wall

"Best fans" meaning game atmosphere and crowd enthusiasim, Philly is the best in the NHL. Some fans may wave their towels at the beginning or on goals and rubes think oh wow theyre crazy, but they sit on their hands in silence for 97% of the game

zoo youk
    zoo youk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1197

Quote Originally Posted by sweep View Post
    Good tune, havnt hits aeard that since high school
    its a tradition they ply it at every flyers game, mainly after goals. other teams around the league have stolen it.

D3 Mighty Ducks
    D3 Mighty Ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

Can't wait for tomorrow night!!!

GamblerSpirit
    TheCentaur, Spankie gone fishing :(
    GamblerSpirit's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by PuckIt View Post
    Flyers fans are basically "that drunk guy" in the stands * 15,000. They are all fat uneducated arrogant morons who stand in the stands like angry cave-men and yell "shoot it!", "hit somebody!", "shoot the puck!", "Booooooooo!!!!!", and "Fight him!" Flyers fans are NOT the best "american hockey fans." They are Flyers fans. A breed of their own. They will BOO even either own team, when, in their own caveman like mindset they feel their team has done them wrong.

Hope this thread was a joke, because that would better represent the Flyer fan-base.
    Much like they're with every sport. Either they're rabid fans, or criminals to some. I do not envy them one bit. Bunch of ugly overzealous fatass people, no wonder the OP has taking a liking to them. This is the OP's picture --- Name:  frizzelli_Avatar.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  5.9 KB

Microphone
    The Voice of SBR
    Microphone's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15733

Any fans that look at and cheer when Hulk Hogan comes on the overhead scoreboard are not the best American hockey fans. It's cheesy and makes the NHL look one step above the WWE.

Ethan1122
    Ethan1122's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 171

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky Santoro View Post
    \

1 Chicago 21,533
    2 Montreal 21,273
    3 Philadelphia 20,433
    4 Detroit 20,114
    5 Toronto 19,506

i am obsessed with reading every newspaper across U.S to see if they talk hockey, and Philly hardly talked hockey all yr, only now. Philadelphia loves their phillies 1st, 2nd Eagles, and flyers just a tad over Sixers. even philly sports radio all yr never talked about flyers, all eagles, phillies. Pittsburgh is a huge huge hockey town.
    The Eagles will always be Philly's #1 team but Pittsburgh talks about hockey because the Pirates have been the worst baseball team in the last 10 years and they don't have a basketball team. Which leaves the Pens (until they have a bad season of course) and the Steelers

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star
    PhillyFlyers's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Ethan1122 View Post
    The Eagles will always be Philly's #1 team but Pittsburgh talks about hockey because the Pirates have been the worst baseball team in the last 10 years and they don't have a basketball team. Which leaves the Pens (until they have a bad season of course) and the Steelers
    Ethan

Eagles not the #1 team here and never were among people who were actually born here, raised here, and stayed here.

Flyers always #1 team in terms of loyalty to those who are true Philadelphians.

This is not a comment on what sport is the most popular because the NFL owns that.

I'm talking about loyalty to the one team in the city by those who were born, raised, and stayed here.

Take a look at most Eagles games and who's filling the stadium.

Most of those people filling the Linc are coming from New Jersey, some from Delaware.

In addition, there are many fans of other football teams in this city. You'll see Cowboys, Giants, and even Raiders gear being worn here.

Lots of fans of other football teams here.

Now, try to find a person who was born, raised, and stayed here who isn't a Flyers fan.

You won't.

The Phillies are really popular now, but again, a lot of their fans are coming from NJ and Delaware and there are a ton of fans of other baseball teams here, like the Yankees and Red Sox.

Flyers have no rival.

EASY_MONEY72
    2001 WS OF POKER CHAMPION
    EASY_MONEY72's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 765

Philly fans and their teams are trash.

I once was at a Penn State game (of which most Philly fans root for as their college team) and one of the fans there told me that "I would be dead right now if I was in Philly".....This was all because I was rooting for another team.

Class act. all of you ******* morons.

EASY_MONEY72
    2001 WS OF POKER CHAMPION
    EASY_MONEY72's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 765

Quote Originally Posted by zoo youk View Post
    its a tradition they ply it at every flyers game, mainly after goals. other teams around the league have stolen it.

yes - and you know they all "stole it from philly" because you attended all the other arena's and knew who did it first....LMAO

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by EASY_MONEY72 View Post
    Philly fans and their teams are trash.

I once was at a Penn State game (of which most Philly fans root for as their college team) and one of the fans there told me that "I would be dead right now if I was in Philly".....This was all because I was rooting for another team.

Class act. all of you ******* morons.
    You don't know shit about Philly or it's fans.

Be a good little robot and just follow what the media tells you like every other moron.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by EASY_MONEY72 View Post
    yes - and you know they all "stole it from philly" because you attended all the other arena's and knew who did it first....LMAO
    We did start it first.

We also were the first to have the "doop" song that was stolen by a few teams around the league like Minnesota.

NotSammySosa
    Writing blank checks to banks
    NotSammySosa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 181

interesting to see a discussion on who's the 8th best fanbase in the NHL

Philly, Boston and Minnesota are the top 3 no doubt. even though chicago has the highest attendance now they had an attendance problem not too long ago.

cecil127
    Horses and Hockey Biatch!
    cecil127's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6871

Quote Originally Posted by Microphone View Post
    Any fans that look at and cheer when Hulk Hogan comes on the overhead scoreboard are not the best American hockey fans. It's cheesy and makes the NHL look one step above the WWE.
    well then Mr. NHL please tell us why the hulk hogan vid was played.....please, im all ears.

*if you dont know the background story that should be a clue that maybe you should just stfu because in reality-u dont know chit-just blind hatin'.

*if you do know the story behind it and you're still hatin-you just have no sense of humor.

bruceBRUCEbruce
    bruceBRUCEbruce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1959

Flyers fans are passionate, loyal, and knowledgeable. Only US fans who compare are those of the Rangers and Bruins.

odog11
    It aint easy being greasy.
    odog11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3197

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyFlyers View Post
    South Philly like a war zone today.

People already drinking and on their way to being crazy drunk.

Pens walking into a minefield.

No way they survive.

Pens fans better not be here tonight. Just sayin.
    Yep, best fans in NHL.

Robber
    Robber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 92737

Flyers fans are assholes and lunatics

Just look on this board don't even need to go to a flyers game

But they're Philly fans. Same goes for eagles and phillies fans

Robber
    Robber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 92737

True

Steelers are 1 in Pitt and eagles 1 in Philly

Hockey 2nd

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by Robber View Post
    Flyers fans are assholes and lunatics

Just look on this board don't even need to go to a flyers game

But they're Philly fans. Same goes for eagles and phillies fans
    Best fans in the whole country.

No one else even close.

Nobody can fukk with us.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: dlunc3

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Hey boys, let this prick have his self proclaimed title already. Don't worry Flyer fans, I know he doesn't represent the entire flyer fan base. I don't think you're all this ignorant.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Hey boys, let this prick have his self proclaimed title already. Don't worry Flyer fans, I know he doesn't represent the entire flyer fan base. I don't think you're all this ignorant.
    I didn't make this thread so it's not "self-proclaimed" idiot.

I just happened to agree with the OP's opinion.

Ethan1122

Ethan

Eagles not the #1 team here and never were among people who were actually born here, raised here, and stayed here.

Flyers always #1 team in terms of loyalty to those who are true Philadelphians.

This is not a comment on what sport is the most popular because the NFL owns that.

I'm talking about loyalty to the one team in the city by those who were born, raised, and stayed here.

Take a look at most Eagles games and who's filling the stadium.

Most of those people filling the Linc are coming from New Jersey, some from Delaware.

In addition, there are many fans of other football teams in this city. You'll see Cowboys, Giants, and even Raiders gear being worn here.

Lots of fans of other football teams here.

Now, try to find a person who was born, raised, and stayed here who isn't a Flyers fan.

You won't.

The Phillies are really popular now, but again, a lot of their fans are coming from NJ and Delaware and there are a ton of fans of other baseball teams here, like the Yankees and Red Sox.

Flyers have no rival.
    I'm was born, raised, and reside in Philly. Don't be naive. During the NFL season the back cover of the Daily News is always Eagles no matter what. The Flyers don't get enough coverage and it's annoying but if the Eagles, Flyers, and Phillies are all playing regular season games which one gets watched the most in Philadelphia? No doubt it's the Eagles and it always will be. There are a lot of Flyers fans here but there aren't a lot of hockey fans compared to football here. It's just the way it is.

Hell even yesterday I was listening to the Phanatic and WIP and it was mostly baseball and football. A little bit of Flyers talk but not much.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

I didn't make this thread so it's not "self-proclaimed" idiot.

I just happened to agree with the OP's opinion.
    Guilty? I didn't imply it was you, did I?

Self burials are the best.

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

Yea, I'd have to say ethan is right.. eagles and phills come first in that order

Microphone
    The Voice of SBR
    Microphone's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15733

Quote Originally Posted by cecil127 View Post
    well then Mr. NHL please tell us why the hulk hogan vid was played.....please, im all ears.

*if you dont know the background story that should be a clue that maybe you should just stfu because in reality-u dont know chit-just blind hatin'.

*if you do know the story behind it and you're still hatin-you just have no sense of humor.

It had something to do with their April 1st meeting that's all I know. When it was played to someone who didn't know that, it sounded like I described above. I'm just saying it didn't sound right and you could hear the hesitation in Mike Emerick's voice. Don't go hating me, I'm just making an observation

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

I'm was born, raised, and reside in Philly. Don't be naive. During the NFL season the back cover of the Daily News is always Eagles no matter what. The Flyers don't get enough coverage and it's annoying but if the Eagles, Flyers, and Phillies are all playing regular season games which one gets watched the most in Philadelphia? No doubt it's the Eagles and it always will be. There are a lot of Flyers fans here but there aren't a lot of hockey fans compared to football here. It's just the way it is.

Hell even yesterday I was listening to the Phanatic and WIP and it was mostly baseball and football. A little bit of Flyers talk but not much.
    You're the one who is naive.

The Eagles get the most coverage but that has nothing to do with who is the most loved team in the city.

If you're talking about loyalty to one team the Flyers own the city and it's not close.

There are a TON of Cowboys and Giants fans here.

I am a Raiders fan.

My friends are all either Cowboys or Raiders fans.

All of us are Flyers fans.

That's the difference.

Most loved/loyalty is different from most covered/popular sport.

NFL is always going to be more popular than Hockey here in the US. Hockey isn't even an American sport so that shouldn't be too surprising.

But again, we're not talking about the most popular we're talking about most loyal/loved.

Hell in South Philly you will even find a Kansas City Chiefs bar.

Try finding a new york rangers or new jersey devils bar here.

You won't.

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage
    keyboarding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 972

Hell in South Philly you will even find a Kansas City Chiefs bar.

Try finding a new york rangers or new jersey devils bar here.

You won't.
    That has a lot to do with the popularity of NFL over NHL.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by keyboarding View Post
    That has a lot to do with the popularity of NFL over NHL.
    Yes, but again, that's not the point.

AmericanDream
    AmericanDream's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

**** Philly and **** their fans....

your all a bunch of goons

lets boo everything our teams do bad, because we are tough guys from Philly with loud mouths...

hey lets throw snowballs at refs, coaches, camermen, etc... we are tough dudes...

lets boo Santa Clause because the last drop of class we had rolled off of our greasy foreheads...

Philly isnt the best fans in the US for hockey, not even close...I will easily put Carolina and Nashville ahead of the Flyers fans....those guys should be classless (being inbred and all) but they dont hold a candle to Philly...

now the Hawks fans...we be the best in the game baby...from the hair rasing anthem to the final horn...nothing like 22k a night rocking the barn

by the way...I got no beef with Flyer fans...just think this thread is pretty funny

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post

lets boo everything our teams do bad, because we are tough guys from Philly with loud mouths...

hey lets throw snowballs at refs, coaches, camermen, etc... we are tough dudes...

lets boo Santa Clause because the last drop of class we had rolled off of our greasy foreheads...

Philly isnt the best fans in the US for hockey, not even close...I will easily put Carolina and Nashville ahead of the Flyers fans....those guys should be classless (being inbred and all) but they dont hold a candle to Philly...

now the Hawks fans...we be the best in the game baby...from the hair rasing anthem to the final horn...nothing like 22k a night rocking the barn

by the way...I got no beef with Flyer fans...just think this thread is pretty funny

This is about the most ignorant and the dumbest post I've seen in a while.

We are all dumber for reading it.

AmericanDream
    AmericanDream's Avatar Become A Pro!

thank you...it was my intent

Ethan1122

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post

You wrote this whole essay while the Hawks were playing. Yeah you sure are a diehard fan. We also booed Santa clause in the fukcing 60s get some new material. The hawks have better fans then us? Back in the 06-07 season the Flyers draft second overall behide the Hawks and what was the attendance like that year? The flyers where 7th in the NHL, the Hawks were 29th. That 22k "rocking the barn" was 12k back when they were bad.
    Last edited by Ethan1122; 04-19-12 at 11:21 PM.

rach
    rach's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky Santoro View Post
    To the guy that said Toronto is the biggest there is has no idea what he's talking about. There are an avg of 800,000 viewers for leafs games, while there are 700,000 for habs games. but Toronto have a couple of million more people than MTL. every tv set in montreal is on the habs game, even though habs were never in it. MTL is mecca hockey capital of the world, not Toronto. Also, look at the attendances for this past yr. T.O is 5th, while MTL is 2nd.

1 Chicago 21,533
    2 Montreal 21,273
    3 Philadelphia 20,433
    4 Detroit 20,114
    5 Toronto 19,506
    Brilliant analysis Nicky. You just listed the seating capacities for those rinks. How about a meaningful list, like revenues? However, the numbers won't support the rest of your anecdotal blabber so why would you? The only people who believe Montreal is the mecca of hockey are Quebecois and idiots.

a4u2fear
    TEASE IT
    a4u2fear's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 35459

What a useless thread.

First 1234 Last