BrentCrude
    BrentCrude's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Jackie Robinson was a swell guy that accomplished a great deed but enough already!

Anyone else tired of this constant lecturing and scolding during baseball broadcasts that it's Jackie Robinson day,week,month,year,decade,century and millinium?Enough already,we all know he did a great thing breaking the color barrier and he was a classy guy that handled the undertaking only as he could have done.It's a sports event that is supposed to be entertaining and fun to watch,I don't want to be bombarded with being force fed the greatest plights in history.Robinson wasn't an obnoxious loudmouth Jesse Jackson,Obama and Al Sharpton being a loudmouth ass clown back then.It's funny how it worked where when their was racism in sports,the first few black trailblazers were gentlemen.Now in the age of equality,affirmative action and quotas,minorities in sports whine and use the race card all the time defending themselves when they screw up.

There are always new networks popping up.Why not have the white guilt network?

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 408

We could have a "kiss your neighbor's black ass day", and you would still have a segment of society saying we are a racist people.
    Last edited by Mr KLC; 04-15-12 at 02:15 PM.

TankHankerous
    Frrrrrrunkis!
    TankHankerous's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 576

darkhat
    darkhat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

Josh Gibson was way better.

coop
    coop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

agreed, we have a black president, do we still really need to celebrate the first black ________ anymore?

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

all part of the plan to continue dividing people, never underestimate the racism of liberals

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

What he overcame to get where he did is something few of our generation could ever understand. Robinson and the team that signed him should never be forgotten.

minet123
    Is JJ a Higher Power ?
    minet123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3753

the sad part is probably less than 50% of MLB players know what he did(white,black, Latino,Asian)
    and even sadder less than 90% of NBA players know

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

patty mills is an aborigine, will there be patty mills day one day? he broke barriers.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Quote Originally Posted by face View Post
    patty mills is an aborigine, will there be patty mills day one day? he broke barriers.
    Completely different conditions than Robinson's era. The only thing that will make waves is when a star athlete in a major sport openly admits he is gay while playing.....and sideloaded will immediately buy his jersey and stalk him.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: yisman

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by TankHankerous View Post
    I don't understand the bone in his head ala bam bam. Bam Bam wasn't black. There were no black people in the flinstones.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

seriously brent, what meds are you on? i'm surprised you aren't dead yet.

Pew Pew
    Banned
    Pew Pew's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    I don't understand the bone in his head ala bam bam. Bam Bam wasn't black. There were no black people in the flinstones.
    My educated guess is that after black people finish eating their chicken, put the bones in their hair.

bradthebloke
    bradthebloke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

wasnt even the first black dude in mlb. called em "indians".

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

We must always remember Jackie robinson's life and accomplishment..we cant afford another holocaust

TankHankerous
    Frrrrrrunkis!
    TankHankerous's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 576

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xm-UzSz5UmY?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xm-UzSz5UmY?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Quote Originally Posted by minet123 View Post
    the sad part is probably less than 50% of MLB players know what he did(white,black, Latino,Asian)
    and even sadder less than 90% of NBA players know
    not true

anyway, this was a predictable thread. Brent bashes Jimmy Valvano every year, he's gone after Pat Summitt, etc.

BetterBizness
    My chicks!
    BetterBizness's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7638

what a productive thread for society... Must be a degenerate gambling forum....

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

i sat down with my kids yesterday afternoon and explained to them why Jackie Robinson was so important. then we went to the park and threw the baseball. man, do i feel like an idiot for missing the point that this was just supposed to be something to get bitter and resentful about. well, at least now i know what Luke Scott's SBR screen name is.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 408

Another "Jackie Robinson Day" tomorrow. It's the one day I can't stand watching baseball because I can't ID the players by their jerseys.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

Not sure about this one. I think it's clear that Jackie was a great historical figure.

He endured a lot to break thru at the Major League level. Provided an opportunity for many that followed him. Sounds like a pretty awesome dude to me.

Doug tushyterror
    Doug tushyterror's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 443

How do you even find a thread from 12 yrs ago to bump should be the question.

TeddyB
    TeddyB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 795

Black people will never find what they are looking for until they forget that they are Black.
    Last edited by TeddyB; 04-15-24 at 09:02 PM.

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11090

brad the bloke is in here!

other legends as well !

Brent crude was just another ghost of Roy Bacon.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11862

He had a dream!

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19587

The color barrier would've eventually been broken even if Robinson never existed. No player should ever have his number retired league-wide; nobody is bigger than the game.