stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32279

Rays dh scott on fenway 'it's a dump'

Rays designated hitter Luke Scott continued to do his part to anger Red Sox fans, calling Fenway Park "a dump" as the iconic stadium approaches its 100th anniversary."As a baseball player, going there to work, it's a dump," Scott told MLB.com.

Added Scott: "I mean, it's old. It does have a great feel and nostalgia, but at the end of the day, I'd rather be at a good facility where I can get my work in. A place where I can go hit in the cage. Where I have space and it's a little more comfortable to come to work.
    "You're packed in like sardines there. It's hard to get your work in. ...

You have to go to their weight room if you want to lift. From a fan's perspective, it's probably pretty cool to go se a game at a historic park. But from a player's point of view, it's not a place where you want to go to work."
    Scott, the former Oriole who recently criticized Red Sox fans for their behavior at games in Baltimore, did offer a compliment to the Fenway Faithful, saying he expects the home team will receiver a wam welcome despite the 1-5 start.

"The Red Sox fans will be out there to support their team," Scott said. "They support their team through thick and thin. They have a good fan base, and they come out and support them."
    As for Josh Beckett, scheduled to start Friday's home opener after an offseason of discontent, Scott said he doesn't expect many boos."Josh Beckett's done a great job for that organization, won a lot of big games for them. I think that wouldn't be right. That's just my opinion. [I'm] curious to see what happens."Scott is no stranger to controversy, stating two years ago that President Barack Obama does not represent America and being accused of racism for throwing banana chips at a Dominican teammate to discourage him from acting like what Scott referred to as an "animal" and a "savage."

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32279

Now I'm a Yankee fan, don't hate the Red Sox (believe it or not) respect them, but here's my take, even though Scott is entitled to his opinion, but WTF has he done in MLB so far?

Scott is no stranger to controversy, stating two years ago that
    President Barack Obama does not represent America
    and being accused of racism for
    throwing banana chips at a Dominican teammate
    to discourage him from acting like what Scott referred to as an "animal" and a "savage."

Last edited by stevenash; 04-13-12 at 11:02 AM.

5teamparlay
    WINNING!!!
    5teamparlay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1223

Here ya go Nash !!!!

Scoring Summary
    Top 1st: Tampa Bay
    -
    - L. Scott homered to deep right, C. Pena and B. Zobrist scored
    3 run ding dong
    4-0 Rays!!!

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

the place is a dump, i was there once, thats enough for me

Living The Dream
    Looks like an Underdog Week 2!
    Living The Dream's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 761

I think he just became my favorite non Yankee player

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

no dog in this fight, but it seems as if the consensus on Luke Scott is that he's a card-carrying asshole.

antifoil
    Update your status
    antifoil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6611

i thought it was common knowledge that fenway and wrigley are crappy stadiums

ChicagoCover
    Trappin'
    ChicagoCover's Avatar Become A Pro!

dam lmao scott told us

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

Quote Originally Posted by antifoil View Post
    i thought it was common knowledge that fenway and wrigley are crappy stadiums
    fenway is a piece of shit, Wrigley is a palace

antifoil
    Update your status
    antifoil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6611

if it is so grand why are they try to get chicago to pay 200 million to renovated it?

weird.