Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

Who Said Hockey Wouldn't Work In The South?

Never thought I'd find myself being a hockey fan. Its amazing how hockey has become popular here in Nashville. We might not have the history as other franchises have, but I'd put our fans against a lot of them.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

milwaukee should have the nhl team rather than nashville
    damn chicago blackhawks blocked us

MickeyMan
    MickeyMan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14295

I have been very impressed with the Nashville fans the last two years, it's great to see and great for hockey

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

i think it's cool how they support their team and go to the games

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Cue the bandwagon.

Illusivecone
    Illusivecone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

Nashville is not better than Dallas

Remember when they were good, packed building, rabid fans. Give Nashville 10 years, when they suck again and still have the same enthusiasm call me

Illusivecone
    Illusivecone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

Losing hockey teams don't work in the south

Winning teams can play anywhere

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Quote Originally Posted by Illusivecone View Post
    Nashville is not better than Dallas

Remember when they were good, packed building, rabid fans. Give Nashville 10 years, when they suck again and still have the same enthusiasm call me

ZetaPsi808
    July 2011 Poster of the Month
    ZetaPsi808's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1982

impressive.

place is rocking for sure

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Unfortunately, I'm missing the game tonight. Have a road trip to Atlanta tonight to see the Braves-Brewers home opener. GO PREDS!!!

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Nashville is tough

They are going to smack Detroit all over the ice tonight

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Illusivecone View Post
    Losing hockey teams don't work in the south

Winning teams can play anywhere
    Disagree in this case. Nashville doesn't have the plethora of teams that Dallas has. They don't have as much competition for the local sports dollar. They're also going to support this team because of the way local ownership came to the forefront when Balsillie tried to buy and move this team to Hamilton. This support is happening with a team that has only made it to the second round once in their history. It's going to be near impossible to get a good ticket if they ever make it to the Stanley Cup Finals.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

nashville doesnt have anything else. just vanderbilt which doesnt play hockey i dont think. still think there should be more canadian teams n less south teams, just one of the problems of the sport.

a4u2fear
    TEASE IT
    a4u2fear's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 35459

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    nashville doesnt have anything else. just vanderbilt which doesnt play hockey i dont think. still think there should be more canadian teams n less south teams, just one of the problems of the sport.
    More Canadian teams sounds like a good idea, but those viewers don't count towards game ratings on national tv and it's all about $$$$

a4u2fear
    TEASE IT
    a4u2fear's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 35459

Quote Originally Posted by a4u2fear View Post
    More Canadian teams sounds like a good idea, but those viewers don't count towards game ratings on national tv and it's all about $$$$
    In the US that is

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Mr. Jones
    Mr. Jones's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post

I agree. Hamilton long overdue for a franchise. And I speak as a Floridian. Though the Lightning is time tested solid franchise. No NBA helps here.

hockey216
    hockey216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

obviously if the team is in your city, you're going to embrace it if your in the city. but what about the people 100 miles outside the city? Is the whole state full of hockey fans now? If so, GREAT! I am in the south in school currently, and its nothing like in the north. in massachusetts everybody follows the bruins. Down south its all about football. find some hockey fans here, but they are few and far between. But you will never catch anyone on a sunday that isn't watching football. Not like boston. you know?

on the other hand if everyone in TN loves hockey now, great! thats great for the sport! Just wish more people watched it on TV! That way it could stay on more! good news is nbc signed that big deal with nhl. i was getting worried about future of being able to watch nhl on tv since nobody watches it on tv like they do nfl nba and mlb.

dondude
    dondude's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3430

People in south go to drink beer an get rowdy. If didn't serve beer wouldn't b packed

byronbb
    byronbb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2284

Quote Originally Posted by hockey216 View Post
    obviously if the team is in your city, you're going to embrace it if your in the city. but what about the people 100 miles outside the city? Is the whole state full of hockey fans now? If so, GREAT! I am in the south in school currently, and its nothing like in the north. in massachusetts everybody follows the bruins. Down south its all about football. find some hockey fans here, but they are few and far between. But you will never catch anyone on a sunday that isn't watching football. Not like boston. you know?

on the other hand if everyone in TN loves hockey now, great! thats great for the sport! Just wish more people watched it on TV! That way it could stay on more! good news is nbc signed that big deal with nhl. i was getting worried about future of being able to watch nhl on tv since nobody watches it on tv like they do nfl nba and mlb.
    I think with the internet this will matter less and less as leagues will continue to improve the ability to broadcast direct to the wanting customer.

Mitchthecrane
    Mitchthecrane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

Looks almost as loud as the UC.

Just kidding.