Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

2012 NHL Stanley Cup Playoff write up by Deuce *Pay Attention I have a clue*

Western Conference-Wide open, anything can happen, any team could win it all.
    (1) Vancouver Canucks vs. (8) Los Angeles Kings

This series is quite interesting. Don't count the Kings out of it right away. This match up depends solely on a few players. Roberto Luongo, Jonathon Quick, Mike Richards, and Jeff Carter. Now you may be thinking to yourself, ya ya, of course captain obvious, of course it does. Not so fast my friend. The Kings can score now with the likes of Carter and Richards getting chemistry back. Williams/Brown/Kopitar all also can bury the puck at any given time. That being said, Roberto can either stop a marble or not even stop a beach ball. Depending on which Roberto shows, this series has a lot riding on him. If Lou shits the bed early, Schneider is more than capable to backing up Lou. I am not too worried about Quick, he has been sensational all season long. A lot of Vancouver's wins came from their horrid division but don't let that fool you, they are a tremendous team with great leadership, playoff experience, and every line can score. They have their tough guys as well but if the Kings come out hitting, watch out. The Kings can easily sway this series based on physicality alone. On that notes as well, the Kings record does not reflect the current team that you will see suit up. With the addition of Carter, this is a totally different team. Carter and Sutter in charge, this team is by far much better than the record indicates. If you're looking for value in these games, be sure to look at totals because I do believe this will be a low scoring series. Look for Vancouver to eventually close the series in 6 but it will be tight.

(2) St. Louis Blues vs. (7) San Jose Sharks

St. Louis has a tremendous season and barely missed the cut to winning the presidents trophy. A team that started so bad mixed things up and put Kenny behind the bench. Doing so jump started this team and they haven't looked back. Elliot and Halak are arguably the top two netminders in the game and have been the heart and soul of the team. The Blues have solid blue line tandems and have some decent up front and physical forwards. The team lacks scoring though and it may bite them in the ass this post season. Home ice advantage has been key to the success of the Blue, they are tied with Detroit for the best home record in the league. With high expectations I think this series may be tough for the Blues. San Jose this year comes into the playoffs having low expectations. Down the stretch they have struggled by as of late they have put it together and made a run to make it in. I think with lower expectations this team will finally buckle down and make something of this post season. Pavelski, Thornton, Marleau, Couture, all are playing well. This team is very physical and look for them to dominate against the glass. Niemi has been sketchy but at the tail end of the season he has pulled his game back together. Combined with the physicality and the ability to put the puck in the net, Sharks close the doors in 7. Look for this series to be a good one.

(3) Phoenix Coyotes vs. (6) Chicago Blackhawks

Phoenix has been riding a hot Smith for quite sometime now and I do believe in the end they will eventually pull out the series. The Chicago Blackhawks have a tremendous team but their heart and soul in Toews is questionable. Without Toews 100% this team has no shot. Hossa, Sharp, and Kane can only do so much. Crawford has been suspect all year, yes he has been playing well, but I think he will eventually choke in the end. The Coyotes aren't a high powered offense but they do like to hit and they have solid tough guys. Yandle will be key in this series to shutting down the little offense that Chicago has left. Combined with being banged up, I think the travel will get to Chicago as well having to travel out to Phoenix. Phoenix will close the series in 6.

(4) Nashville Predators vs. (5) Detroit Red Wings

The additions for Nashville at the deadline have been key into the long term depth this team will have to out power the opposition to make a deep run. I really like Nashville in this post season to take care of business and make a deep run. Renne has been in Vezina form and will carry this team on his back. Suter, Webber, can shut down any top scoring line and will take over the game at a moments notice. With that being said, Detroit is in a bad spot. This team has been there before and this isn't their first rodeo much like it is Nashville's. Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Franzen all need to play at their 100% best to have a shot. Jimmy Howard has been banged up and ever since the All Star break he hasn't been the same. The X factors in this series will be Helm, Abdelkader, and Bertuzzi. This will be a low scoring series. As much as it pains me to say it, I do think that Nashville wins in 5. Detroit is just too banged up and Nashville is full of young guns that are hungry, a team full of guys that have their eyes on the prize. Nashville is very motivated.

Eastern Conference

(1) New York Rangers vs. (8) Ottawa Senators

Lundqvist is the hot hand in this series. Ottawa has played well against the Rangers but I don't think that they have a shot in this one. The Rangers are too powerful and have been playing well all season long. I think the Sens will take one at home but that is honestly all they will do. Rangers will this series rather easily taking the series in 5 games.

(2) Boston Bruins vs. (7) Washington Capitals

Bostons is a team that has it all. They can hit, fight, score, and play solid defensively. Washington is a team that has lacked chemistry all season long, goalies have been suspect, Ovechkin has his head up his ass. Washington has been banged up too, losing Backstrom for quite sometime. Although Backstrom is back and scoring again, I don't think Washington can hang with the Bruins at all. Green hasn't been Green. This series could possibly be a clean sweep. Washington came on too strong near the end too late. Look for Boston to light the lamp behind either poor goalie Washington decides to put in. Boston in 4/5

(3) Florida Panthers vs. (6) New Jersey Devils

This is another quite interesting series match up. For both teams you never know what team will show up. Brodeur will be sharp as usual and I just think this Florida team doesn't have the experience to deal with the top guns in the likes of Kovulchuck/Parise/Elias. New Jersey can also out power a team like Florida with a guy like Clarkson. New Jersey is very scrappy and can also score. Look for NJ to take this in 5/6.

(4) Pittsburgh Penguins vs. (5) Philadelphia Flyers

This is the ultimate match up and arguably the most exciting series in all of hockey. Both teams play very well, hard hitting, high flying, fast paced, high scoring, scrapper. Both teams have solid goalies (at times Bryz). Crosby/Malkin are back in great form. It will be very hard for the Flyers to focus on shutting down both Crosby and Malkin because of Neal/Kunitz/Dupuis all are serious scoring threats as well. I think this series will be high scoring and will go deep. You will see quite a bit of penalty minutes and hitting. Don't count out Philly though either. Giroux, Hartnell, Jagr, Simmonds, Schenn, Read, Talbot, Couturiere all can turn it on as well. This series will be exciting to watch. Hunch says, Pens in a tight one in 7. Fleury and Malkin will the factors.

Canucks Canucks
    Sharks >
    Phoenix
    Nashville Nashville

Pittsburgh vs. Nashville-------Pittsburgh as 2012 Stanley Cup Champions

Rangers
    Boston > Boston
    New Jersey
    Pittsburgh Pittsburgh
    Last edited by Deuce; 04-10-12 at 02:08 PM.

CarpeDime
    CarpeDime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1005

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post

These series is quite interesting. Don't count the King out of it right away. This match up depends solely on a few players. Roberto Luongo, Jonathon Quick, Mike Richards, and Jeff Carter. Now you may be thinking to yourself, ya ya, of course captain obvious, of course it does. Not so fast my friend. The Kings can score now with the likes of Carter and Richards getting chemistry back. Williams/Brown/Kopitar all also can bury the puck at any given time. That being said, Roberto can either stop a marble or not even stop a beach ball. Depending on which Roberto shows, this series has a lot riding on him. If Lou shits the bed early, Schneider is more than capable to backing up Lou. I am not too worried about Quick, he has been sensational all season long. A lot of Vancouver's wins came from their horrid division but don't let that fool you, they are a tremendous team with great leadership, playoff experience, and every line can score. They have their tough guys as well but if the Kings come out hitting, watch out. The Kings can easily sway this series based on physicality alone. On that notes as well, the Kings record does not reflect the current team that you will see suit up. With the addition of Carter, this is a totally different team. Carter and Sutter in charge, this team is by far much better than the record indicates. If you're looking for value in these games, be sure to look at totals because I do believe this will be a low scoring series. Look for Vancouver to eventually close the series in 6 but it will be tight.

(2) St. Louis Blues vs. (7) San Jose Sharks

St. Louis has a tremendous season and barely missed the cut to winning the presidents trophy. A team that started so bad mixed things up and put Kenny behind the bench. Doing so jump started this team and they haven't looked back. Elliot and Halak are arguably the top two netminders in the game and have been the heart and soul of the team. The Blues have solid blue line tandems and have some decent up front and physical forwards. The team lacks scoring though and it may bite them in the ass this post season. Home ice advantage has been key to the success of the Blue, they are tied with Detroit for the best home record in the league. With high expectations I think this series may be tough for the Blues. San Jose this year comes into the playoffs having low expectations. Down the stretch they have struggled by as of late they have put it together and made a run to make it in. I think with lower expectations this team will finally buckle down and make something of this post season. Pavelski, Thornton, Marleau, Couture, all are playing well. This team is very physical and look for them to dominate against the glass. Niemi has been sketchy but at the tail end of the season he has pulled his game back together. Combined with the physicality and the ability to put the puck in the net, Sharks close the doors in 7. Look for this series to be a good one.

(3) Phoenix Coyotes vs. (6) Chicago Blackhawks

Phoenix has been riding a hot Smith for quite sometime now and I do believe in the end they will eventually pull out the series. The Chicago Blackhawks have a tremendous team but their heart and soul in Toews is questionable. Without Toews 100% this team has no shot. Hossa, Sharp, and Kane can only do so much. Crawford has been suspect all year, yes he has been playing well, but I think he will eventually choke in the end. The Coyotes aren't a high powered offense but they do like to hit and they have solid tough guys. Yandle will be key in this series to shutting down the little offense that Chicago has left. Combined with being banged up, I think the travel will get to Chicago as well having to travel out to Phoenix. Phoenix will close the series in 6.

(4) Nashville Predators vs. (5) Detroit Red Wings

The additions for Nashville at the deadline have been key into the long term depth this team will have to out power the opposition to make a deep run. I really like Nashville in this post season to take care of business and make a deep run. Renne has been in Vezina form and will carry this team on his back. Suter, Webber, can shut down any top scoring line and will take over the game at a moments notice. With that being said, Detroit is in a bad spot. This team has been there before and this isn't their first rodeo much like it is Nashville's. Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Franzen all need to play at their 100% best to have a shot. Jimmy Howard has been banged up and ever since the All Star break he hasn't been the same. The X factors in this series will be Helm, Abdelkader, and Bertuzzi. This will be a low scoring series. As much as it pains me to say it, I do think that Nashville wins in 5. Detroit is just too banged up and Nashville is full of young guns that are hungry, a team full of guys that have their eyes on the prize. Nashville is very motivated.

Eastern Conference

(1) New York Rangers vs. (8) Ottawa Senators

Lundqvist is the hot hand in this series. Ottawa has played well against the Rangers but I don't think that they have a shot in this one. The Rangers are too powerful and have been playing well all season long. I think the Sens will take one at home but that is honestly all they will do. Rangers will this series rather easily taking the series in 5 games.

(2) Boston Bruins vs. (7) Washington Capitals

Bostons is a team that has it all. They can hit, fight, score, and play solid defensively. Washington is a team that has lacked chemistry all season long, goalies have been suspect, Ovechkin has his head up his ass. Washington has been banged up too, losing Backstrom for quite sometime. Although Backstrom is back and scoring again, I don't think Washington can hang with the Bruins at all. Green hasn't been Green. This series could possibly be a clean sweep. Washington came on too strong near the end too late. Look for Boston to light the lamp behind either poor goalie Washington decides to put in. Boston in 4/5

(3) Florida Panthers vs. (6) New Jersey Devils

This is another quite interesting series match up. For both teams you never know what team will show up. Brodeur will be sharp as usual and I just think this Florida team doesn't have the experience to deal with the top guns in the likes of Kovulchuck/Parise/Elias. New Jersey can also out power a team like Florida with a guy like Clarkson. New Jersey is very scrappy and can also score. Look for NJ to take this in 5/6.

(4) Pittsburgh Penguins vs. (5) Philadelphia Flyers

This is the ultimate match up and arguably the most exciting series in all of hockey. Both teams play very well, hard hitting, high flying, fast paced, high scoring, scrapper. Both teams have solid goalies (at times Bryz). Crosby/Malkin are back in great form. It will be very hard for the Flyers to focus on shutting down both Crosby and Malkin because of Neal/Kunitz/Dupuis all are serious scoring threats as well. I think this series will be high scoring and will go deep. You will see quite a bit of penalty minutes and hitting. Don't count out Philly though either. Giroux, Hartnell, Jagr, Simmonds, Schenn, Read, Talbot, Couturiere all can turn it on as well. This series will be exciting to watch. Hunch says, Pens in a tight one in 7. Fleury and Malkin will the factors.

Canucks Canucks
    Sharks >
    Phoenix
    Nashville Nashville

Pittsburgh vs. Nashville-------Pittsburgh as 2012 Stanley Cup Champions

Rangers
    Boston > Boston
    New Jersey
    Pittsburgh Pittsburgh

Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

[IMG]http://godsowncrunk.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/not-a-single-****-was-given.jpg[/IMG]
    Last edited by Sunde91; 04-10-12 at 02:16 PM.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush

Quote Originally Posted by Sunde91 View Post
    [IMG]http://godsowncrunk.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/not-a-single-****-was-given.jpg[/IMG]

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Unreal..

muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Kings can score now with the likes of Carter and Richards getting chemistry back. Williams/Brown/Kopitar all also can bury the puck at any given time.
    The Kings ended the season 2 goals shy of being the worst offensive team in the entire league.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1800

So no "upsets" in round 1? Hard to imagine.

Too much love going around for Nashville, they are not going to the Cup Finals.

Boston will have a tougher time with Washington than most believe. No hunger left in them.

k13

You can get Flyers +2.5 on the series and Juice is only -250.

Should be free money for those that think the series will be "close".

muldoon

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    So no "upsets" in round 1? Hard to imagine.
    Phoenix (as a franchise) has not won a playoff round in 25 years. Regardless of what the odds say - that'll be considered an upset by most if they move on to round 2.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush

Quote Originally Posted by muldoon View Post
    The Kings ended the season 2 goals shy of being the worst offensive team in the entire league.
    In March and April??

muldoon

In March and April??
    Not sure how else I could phrase that. For the 2011-2012 season - they ended it with the 2nd worse goal production of any team. I don't have bi-monthly breakdowns for the league handy.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush

Not sure how else I could phrase that. For the 2011-2012 season - they ended it with the 2nd worse goal production of any team. I don't have bi-monthly breakdowns for the league handy.
    March and April they are a completely different team.

muldoon

March and April they are a completely different team.
    March they picked up scoring.

They played 3 games in April - 2 of which they scored 2 goals in both losses.

hydrosmak
    Update your status
    hydrosmak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 471

Yes overall they were a low scoring team this year. What Deuce is alluding to is the fact that they have been scoring much more in the past few months which should transfer into the playoffs.

k13

3 gpg in march/april for the Kings.

Kindred
    Bitcoin=Freedom
    Kindred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 473

love the blue collar hard working coyotes to put the blackhawks down. Not sold on sharks over blues, think the blues feel like they have something to prove and the young guns will play with a chip on their shoulder in the first round and take the series in 7

Goalies can win a series, and that makes the kings really dangerous. Not picking them to beat canucks but certainly not betting against the kings. Maybe the under when the price is right.

GL

muldoon

Quote Originally Posted by Kindred View Post
    love the blue collar hard working coyotes to put the blackhawks down.
    I'd LOVE to see that too. But a franchise that has not won a playoff round since Reagan, game one will tell the tail.

Lose game 1 and have home ice advantage shift to noisy chicago - yikes.

DennisGreen
    Update your status
    DennisGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1527

Nice write-ups I'm shocked you think your Wings go out in 5 to Nashville, I don't think they'll go down without a fight.

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

good write up Deuce!

Surprised you picked Detroit to lose in the 1st round.

I'll be tailing your picks here, don't fuk me up

William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Way to put those snausage fingers to work Deucer. Excellent job.

k13

Quote Originally Posted by DennisGreen View Post
    Nice write-ups I'm shocked you think your Wings go out in 5 to Nashville, I don't think they'll go down without a fight.
    Yeah I don't see how Detroit only wins ONE game in the Series.

rach
    rach's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

You can get Flyers +2.5 on the series and Juice is only -250.

Should be free money for those that think the series will be "close".
    Are you saying the Flyers are -250 to win 2 at least two games in the series? Can you tell us where this kind of bet is available please?

k13

Quote Originally Posted by rach View Post
    Are you saying the Flyers are -250 to win 2 at least two games in the series? Can you tell us where this kind of bet is available please?
    Yes the only way you lose if Pens win series 4-0 or 4-1.

This bet is available at 5dimes.

a4u2fear
    TEASE IT
    a4u2fear's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 35459

Flyers have played well in the season series and are tough at home, but briere will be missed and the pens are hot as hell right now

PuckIt
    See Premonition Below
    PuckIt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Pens Flyers series will be 7 of the best games all season. I'm so pumped for this to get going! I think Flyers +2.5 is a good bet on this series absolutely. It's going to be close, bloody, and full of incredible hockey.

nrok2118
    nrok2118's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 635

I was looking for that Philly bet, but am confused

8063 Philadelphia Flyers series games won* +2,+2½ -238

^^^
    Is this +2 or +2.5?

Cause than theres this

8065 Philadelphia Flyers series games won* +2½,+3 -423

Sorry to highjack but I dont wanna risk my money if I dont get it

nrok2118

Quote Originally Posted by PuckIt View Post
    Pens Flyers series will be 7 of the best games all season. I'm so pumped for this to get going! I think Flyers +2.5 is a good bet on this series absolutely. It's going to be close, bloody, and full of incredible hockey.
    Yeah Im fuking ready, your Pens are going down!

k13

Quote Originally Posted by nrok2118 View Post
    I was looking for that Philly bet, but am confused

8063 Philadelphia Flyers series games won* +2,+2½ -238

^^^
    Is this +2 or +2.5?

Cause than theres this

8065 Philadelphia Flyers series games won* +2½,+3 -423

Sorry to highjack but I dont wanna risk my money if I dont get it

No, this one.

Wed 4/11 8031 Philadelphia Flyers series games won +2½ -269

rake922
    rake922's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2105

nrok2118

No, this one.

Wed 4/11 8031 Philadelphia Flyers series games won +2½ -269

Than what was I looking at?

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nice write-ups. I do think the Caps have a shot with Boston though. They probably have to outscore them to win, but they can. I think that series is going to competitive. Probably a good OVERs series in the making.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7635

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    Nice write-ups. I do think the Caps have a shot with Boston though. They probably have to outscore them to win, but they can. I think that series is going to competitive. Probably a good OVERs series in the making.

a wet dream for overs players like you right?

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15111

There will not be more overs than unders when the 1st round is complete.
    Detroit will not make a 1st round exit.
    Don't be surprised if there are NO Canadian teams left after the 1st Round.
    Take tomorrow night's Grand Salami to stay under tomorrow night.
    Take the Sens to lose 5-0 tomorrow night.
    If anyone can sweep 1st round I like The Pens.

GL

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    [/B]

a wet dream for overs players like you right?
    They're setting the first game at 5, so will probably take a chance there with the inexperienced goalie in for Washington + Boston's offense/Caps offense ... think that at least pushes. Probably only takes one game for them to raise it to 5.5 unless it somehow turns into a low scoring affair.

WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Nice write up Deuce

12 Last