Home plate umpire
    Alfonso Soriano
    Jeff Baker
    Carlos Marmol

That is all.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

yeah it really wasn't totally wood's fault but he still threw 25 pitches to get an out, threw a wild pitch, and walked a guy with the bases loaded. even if the strike zone wasn't fair just throw the ball down the middle rather than walk in someone with the bases loaded.

PickWinnerAllDay
    I'd never gamble again for Taylor Swift
    PickWinnerAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    yeah it really wasn't totally wood's fault but he still threw 25 pitches to get an out, threw a wild pitch, and walked a guy with the bases loaded. even if the strike zone wasn't fair just throw the ball down the middle rather than walk in someone with the bases loaded.
    Cubs are probably up 3-0 if Soriano doesn't decide to get caught stealing at 3rd. You don't make the 2nd out at 3rd base especially when the guy at the plate is up in the count.

This team has basically the same problems as last year. A god awful closer, no offense, and a dipshit dragging us down from left field making 20,000,000 a year to embarrass the game.

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by PickWinnerAllDay View Post
    Cubs are probably up 3-0 if Soriano doesn't decide to get caught stealing at 3rd. You don't make the 2nd out at 3rd base especially when the guy at the plate is up in the count.

This team has basically the same problems as last year. A god awful closer, no offense, and a dipshit dragging us down from left field making 20,000,000 a year to embarrass the game.

i think soriano has made no effort at a ball he could get to more than every other player in baseball combined over the last few years

PickWinnerAllDay

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post

i think soriano has made no effort at a ball he could get to more than every other player in baseball combined over the last few years
    And he's posed and walked to first on around 25 balls he thought he hit out that end up hitting off the wall and getting held to a single.

I don't think the Cubs can contend until 2015 if they keep running him out there until his contract expires.

I would pay 80% of his contract to get him on an AL team where he can DH and send him to somewhere like Texas where cold weather won't hurt him. He hits okay in the summer months.

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

lawl people blaming umps, game 1 of the mlb season. gotta love it, gotta love it.

cubs are a garbage team all around, they are going to have many many games like this.

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

Quote Originally Posted by PickWinnerAllDay View Post

the general rule is you dont make the 1st or last out at 3rd base.....

superjeff24
    superjeff24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

^ this.

If you get to 3rd with one out you have 2 chances to score. And with 2 outs you're likely scoring on anything you'd score from 3rd on anyway.

RockBottom
    RockBottom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22623

Quote Originally Posted by bobby heenan View Post
    Soriano made the 2nd out.

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

I am about as die hard a cubs fan as it gets, this is a lost season - the more L flags that fly, the better. Fukk this squad, fukk this year, team is garbage, we are getting rid of Soriano's and adding depth and youth.

The more bad and/or big contracts we can get rid of, and the more we get vested in Latin America, the quicker the W flag starts flying.

Time to pick up Draft picks. We need Miguel Sano's and less (insert current player).

PickWinnerAllDay

Quote Originally Posted by bobby heenan View Post
    I know the general rule. I also know Soriano is slow as shit and shouldn't be running the Cubs out of a big inning trying to steal 3rd base. But we all know this. Most of us have had bowel movements smarter than Alfonso Soriano. I hope the piece of garbage has a fatal heart attack in the next 5 minutes and stops ruining this team with his god awful contract which he is worth 0% of.

milwaukee mike

sorry but I have to bump this since wood and marmol did it again
    27.00 era for each, cubs would be 2-0 without these clowns