Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1551

Joe Flacco will say anything for a big pay day.....

Aaron Rodgers. Tom Brady. Eli and Peyton Manning. Drew Brees. Baltimore Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco and his agent believe he's right there with the elite class of NFL quarterbacks.

The Ravens' Joe Flacco should believe he's the best QB in the NFL. But now that he's said it, Flacco needs to play like it, says ESPN.com's Jamison Hensley. Blog

Flacco's agent, Joe Linta, created a stir in February when he said Flacco should be considered a top-five quarterback based on wins and losses.

Flacco took it one step further Tuesday, telling WNST 1570 in Baltimore on Tuesday that he believes he's the "best" quarterback in the NFL.

"I assume everybody thinks they're a top-five quarterback," Flacco said when asked where he thinks he ranks among NFL quarterbacks. "I mean, I think I'm the best. I don't think I'm top five, I think I'm the best. I don't think I'd be very successful at my job if I didn't feel that way. I mean, c'mon? That's not really too tough of a question.

"That doesn't mean that things are going to work out that way. It just means that's the way it is -- that's the way I feel that it is and that's the way I feel it should be."

Brees, Rodgers and Eli Manning have won the last three Super Bowls, while Brady and Peyton Manning both own multiple NFL MVP awards.

Flacco's numbers dipped slightly in 2011, with his completion percentage, passing yards and touchdowns all taking a hit as he threw two more interceptions than he did in 2010. However, the Ravens were 12-4, won the AFC North and were a Lee Evans dropped pass away from representing the AFC in the Super Bowl against the New York Giants.

A first-round pick in 2008, Flacco has one year left on his rookie contract, but isn't concerned with what other quarterbacks make.

"It's not about the money. It's about what you feel you deserve," Flacco told WNST. "At the end of the day, they'll take care of it and I'll be waiting."

Still, Flacco said he wants to get a contract finished before the season starts.

"I hope that we both want to get something done before the beginning of the year because when the year comes and goes and I haven't been re-signed, then that's when things can start to get complicated," Flacco told WNST.

Pro Bowl running back Ray Rice, a restricted agent, was given the Ravens' franchise tag earlier in the offseason and has yet to work out a long-term deal with the team. Flacco hopes to avoid the same situation.

"You don't want to get to the point where you play out your contract and you get to those complicated situations where they can put the franchise tag on you and things like that," Flacco said. "I don't really want it to get to that point just because of that. If we do, it's not going to be a distraction. It's just going to be what it is."

peacebyinches
    pull the trigger
    peacebyinches's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7802

I hate when reporters or anyone in the media asks someone whether they think they're better-than-so-and-so and people are surprised to hear them say good things about themselves. It is far fetched for him to say he's the best in the league, but I can't blame him responding in a way that puts himself in a positive light. Whats he supposed to say?

soul786
    soul786's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nfl off-season withdrawal syndrome. Really?! Flacco?!

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Flacco has to say that per his agent

He is an average NFL QB thats all

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Flacco has to say that per his agent

He is an average NFL QB thats all
    totally disagree...there may be some holes to fill on defense this year but offensively ravens will be as good as any other team in the league...i honestly put this guy top 5.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

He has all the physical attributes, but I think he lacks it "upstairs."

Full Time Hobo
    In a Box
    Full Time Hobo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3676

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    He has all the physical attributes, but I think he lacks it "upstairs."
    Flacco is fine. 2 min drills where he actually has control of the offense he drives down the field no problem....

Cam Cameron is the problem.

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

Quote Originally Posted by Full Time Hobo View Post
    Flacco is fine. 2 min drills where he actually has control of the offense he drives down the field no problem....

Cam Cameron is the problem.
    full timer i live in new england so obviously patriots fan but if i had to pick between having tom brady or joe flacco qb my team i would honestly have to think about it for a second before taking brady.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

How about firing Cam Cameron, the OC. They run the most predictable offense in the NFL. Ray Rice, left, right, up the middle, screen pass Ray Rice, then the occasional deep throw to Torrey Smith.

Full Time Hobo
    In a Box
    Full Time Hobo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3676

Quote Originally Posted by manny24 View Post
    full timer i live in new england so obviously patriots fan but if i had to pick between having tom brady or joe flacco qb my team i would honestly have to think about it for a second before taking brady.

That's pretty shocking to me actually ...
    But Brady in his prime without a doubt Brady.... now I don't know... My hatred for the the Pats goes pretty far so I could never see myself rooting for Brady or any Patriot .... they are number 2 behind the steelers actually on my NFL shit list
    But this whole he's the best thing has been completely been blown out of proportion by ESPN....
    Who the hell wants a guy on their team that has no confidence in himself. The media always rags on Flacco anyways but come on...

Houlihans I have wanted him gone for 2 years now
    I've always said his playbook is 4 pages long...... so ridiculous.
    Run, run, bomb, punt.

peacebyinches
    pull the trigger
    peacebyinches's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7802

lol @ run, run, bomb, punt as their playbook. So true. But I still think its better than some seasons where it was: run, run, then on 3rd and 9 run the ball again. At least the Ravens will take some (but not a lot) of chances and not just rely on FGs and defense. They still need to mix up their passing plays a whole lot more. Its like each WR is used one way, Boldin does some hook or corners type route, Torrey Smith sprints for 40 yards in a straight line, and Lee Evans jukes around trying to get open but just gives up cause he knows the play is probably just going to end up as some screen to Rice anyways.