ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9764

(GYMS) IDIOTS, MORONS, and KNOW-it-ALLs - They’re EVERYWHERE!

Any knowledgably Fitness Professional would have a hard time denying that the most common mistakes being made by people in gyms everywhere, are “using weights that are too heavy”, “poor exercise form”, “over-training”, and “lack of over-all workout intensity”. In other words, look around your gym on any-given-day, and you’re likely to see “Idiots” swinging and throwing weights around as they spend 1-2 hours performing countless sets of every exercise ever invented, all while NEVER reaching the level of “intensity” needed to stimulate increases in muscle strength and growth. It always puzzles that so many people who go to the gym religiously, in a year’s time are making NO real measurable progress. They’re lifting the same amount of weight in most exercises that they were a year ago. Yet, they never stop to think that they may be doing something wrong – namely, EVERYTHING.

1 - If it takes LESS than 20-seconds to perform a set of “any” exercise – the weight is TOO HEAVY.

2 - If you can NOT control the speed of movement of a repetition to the extent that you could stop at any point if someone was to say STOP – then this means your “form” is not strict enough. SLOW IT DOWN.

3 - If you are spending MORE than 3 days per week in the gym, lifting weights - then you are OVER-TRAINING. Take MORE days-off.

4 - If you perform more than 3-sets of ANY one exercise - then you have NO IDEA “what” intensity means. FIND OUT!

5 - If you perform 3 or MORE different exercises for a single muscle - then you have NO IDEA “what” over-training means. FIND OUT!

BONUS POINTS - If you are GUILTY of EVERY ONE of these 5-Things - then YOU KNOW NOTHING about “Weight-Training”. OMG - I hope you’re NOT a Personal Trainer.

“Share” this with people you know, NEED IT.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

TT, I love your rants. They gotta be some of the best.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Tt, stop posting articles you motherfukker.

ttwarrior1

MUSCLES Do BURN - But, NOTHING MELTS!
    Ladies – Sorry, But You Get This Wrong Most Often. Because our muscles "burn" when we exercise, it is easy to make what seems to be a logical assumption, that "burning" must mean, "melting" – as in body fat melting away. Sorry, it does NOT work that way. For all the bodybuilders out there laughing at the ladies – you're NO better. When it comes time for competition preparation, you ALL start doing tons of additional Ab-Crunches, Twists, and Side-Bends. Why? Again, it's mostly because it is so easy to be sucked-in to the false notion that burning muscles equals melting fat. Of course, it is no coincidence that the "Spot-Reducing" myth is one of the most profitable fitness "Lies," Ever!
    I wonder how many people reading this are nodding their head in agreement, yet tomorrow in the gym will go right back to trying to slim or trim a body-area by bombarding it with "reps".
    Hmm…I really wonder.
    Franny Goodrich

ps: i guess we should all go buy arnold's book and follow his recommendations because he is the greatest bodybuilder
    of all time, so therefore he must of known what he is doing and others should follow? Hell i guess michael jordan should b a basketball coach too.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

What does it mean??

All it does is give you health issues later in life

Weightlifting does nothing good

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

I think I won the pool

I knew I could inspire a TT copy and paste-athon in about 30 minutes!!!!!

ttwarrior1

HIGH INTENSITY Training "Really Is" Your BEST Choice, But Mostly For What It DOES NOT Do!

By now, most informed fitness professionals know that High Intensity Training is the most scientifically-supported training method for its ability to produce “results”. Therefore, there’s no sense beating that subject to death. But, perhaps the BEST REASON to engage in High Intensity Training has NOTHING to do with how quickly it produces results. The greatest benefits of high intensity training may be what it DOES NOT Do...

High Intensity Training is the most TIME-EFFICIENT. Therefore, it DOES NOT take up much of your time. Why spend 1-2 hours in the gym, when you can get the same or better results approximately 30-minutes or LESS? No Brainer.

High Intensity Training DOES NOT pound the hell out of your joints, therefore it is the SAFEST type of training. Although strenuous, because it is performed in a slow-controlled manner, there is virtually no risk of muscle, tendon, ligament, or joint injury, due to ballistic, joint-jarring movements. Again, a No Brainer.

High Intensity Training DOES NOT make you pay later for being an Idiot. It is the most FORGIVING type of training. Knuckleheads, who perform countless sets - five, six, or even seven days per-week, should ask anybody who has spent their lives performing manual labor, just what it does to their bodies later in life. It beats the hell out of their joints – they simply wear out. Arthritic-type issues later in life are almost a certainty. This is exactly where the average high-volume weight training enthusiast is headed. Once again, a No Brainer.

Bottom-line: Your genetics “will” largely determine your body’s response to training, and therefore, your end results. But, whatever results you are destined to achieve, wouldn’t it make the “most” sense to achieve them in the “shortest” time possible, and with the “least chance” of injury, and with the “smallest amount” of wear n’ tear on your body?”
    High IntensityTraining is and always will be, a No Brainer.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDAY View Post
    TT, I love your rants. They gotta be some of the best.
    Tt, thinks im a powerlifter.

Tt, i dont care about the weight numbers, all i care about is the stretch and contraction while doing the weights.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BIGDAY

ttwarrior1

JJ thats another reason why people should do hit training.

Read up and have an open mind about it.

My average rep is 6 seconds up and 6 down, sometimes even slower. You want to work your muscles, not other bodyparts.

Next time you do a curl. Ask yourself what's being worked more. Your fingers, hands, lower back, forearms, shoulders, triceps or your biceps? Biceps are probaly last on that list and people wonder why their arms won't grow. Slow the speed down and watch yourself build the most muscle that your genetics will allow.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

TT, I'll paypal you 50 bucks to do a squat workout tutorial at the gym

ttwarrior1

Where did i say you were a powerlifter??? And what are you supposed to do to grow larger muscles? Get weaker??

You can't gain muscle by getting weaker. i didn't say powerlift.

Your the one being defensive and stubborn. Not me

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

The only thing tt powerlifts is pizza slices

ttwarrior1

Chi

Would you agree that when doing squats, your knees, lower back, quads, hams, and maybe even some other bodyparts get worked?????

If your training as a bodybuilder to make your muscles bigger, wouldn't you agree that if there was a way to just work your quads, without working or damaging your knees, back that it would be very important information and would be better than doing conventional squats??

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Yep, I think a TT tutorial would be the best thing here.

ttwarrior1

TAKE A DAY-OFF - "WITH" PAY! That's IF You Consider Your Exercise Routine to be "Work", and Bigger and Stronger Muscles to be the "Pay-off".

Most Gym-Rats should realize that as hard as they train, ANY WORKOUT is only as good as your ability to recover from it. Sometimes a "DAY-OFF" is the BEST thing you can do, to make your muscles BIGGER and STRONGER. When a muscle is put through a workout, and the proper amount of training-stimulus occurs, it then takes approximately 48-72 hours to fully-recover and allow an adaptive-response to occur (i.e. get stronger). If you do not allow this process-chain to fully occur, you will find yourself making no-measurable progress from your workouts, or worse, sliding backwards or losing strength. Making a muscle grow as quickly as possible has as much to do with “rest”, as it does with intense training.

Many of my bodybuilding buddies perform split-routines. They're in the gym 6-7 days-per-week training different muscles on different days. What's hard to get through their thick heads is that recovery-ability is not only "muscle-specific", but also "systemic". When you blast through a chest or leg workout, not only are those targeted muscles greatly taxed and in-need of rest, but so is your central-nervous system. When a person trains intensely for 6 out-of-the 7 days in a week, even though they may argue "yeah, but I'm training different muscles", they are often NOT allowing the trained-muscle to recover, because the recovery-ability needed is being used-up by constant daily expenditure on all your other muscles too. Again, this is so common with “split-routines” that are so popular with ill-informed aspiring bodybuilders.

It's hard to replace "More is Better" thinking, with "Less is Best"...but it is. Knowing my muscle-head friends as well as I do, somehow I know they’re NOT listening .

Enough for today: Im gonna eat some doritos , watch the games
    Rooting for kentucky but i don't think they cover.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    Chi

Would you agree that when doing squats, your knees, lower back, quads, hams, and maybe even some other bodyparts get worked?????

If your training as a bodybuilder to make your muscles bigger, wouldn't you agree that if there was a way to just work your quads, without working or damaging your knees, back that it would be very important information and would be better than doing conventional squats??

I don't want Isolation... I love compound movements

I want to be functional

I think the HIT guru thought isolation via nautilus machines was best for muscle growth.... best exercise for lats??? nautilus pullover machine...

lol

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO

Trust me, i know what im doing.

This is my leg workout:

Ham curls 25-20-16-12-8
    Stiff leg DL 20 -16-12-8
    Seated curls 7 sets of 10 reps 30 sec rest,
    Leg extensions 25-20-16-12-12-8
    Leg press 20-16-12-8
    Walking lunges 30 -26-20 -16
    Back squats 20-16-12-8
    Leg extension 7 sets of 10 reps 30 sec rest.
    Calf raises 20-16-12-8
    Seated calves 20-16-12-8

Every set i add more weight, hence the lower reps..All with moderate-light heavy weight, 60-90 seconds rest. stretching the legs in between sets.

ttwarrior1

your body doesn't know if your using a machine or barbell or dumbell. It only knows how hard the muscle is working.

Where did i say use nautilus? Where did i say use isolation exercises.

Quit making stuff up

ps: best bicep exercise is reverse grip chinup with a hold at the top and negatives only.

ttwarrior1

20-16-12-8

Why not 19-17-11-7????

That 1970's shit is outdated
    Your stimulating growth but overtraining and is why your not happy with your gains.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO

whos not happy??

I dont juice, i weigh 241, and my back and legs are my best body parts, im a happy motherfukker.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

your body doesn't know if your using a machine or barbell or dumbell. It only knows how hard the muscle is working.

Where did i say use nautilus? Where did i say use isolation exercises.

Quit making stuff up

ps: best bicep exercise is reverse grip chinup with a hold at the top and negatives only.
    yeah i'm just not sure why you are asking about wanting to isolate a muscle

I don't work Biceps. they get enough indirect stimulation for my requirements/purposes

back in high school I used to do love to do the 1 rep 60 sec reverse grip pull up supersetted with a 1 rep 60 sec dip.

but then you couldn't wash your hair for a week, let alone practice your sport

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    whos not happy??

I dont juice, i weigh 241, and my back and legs are my best body parts, im a happy motherfukker.
    good point!

give a thumbs up, if you are happy with your physique in this thread...

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO

ttwarrior1

5x5 on the bench press? It must mean 4 sets is not enough and 6 sets is
    too much? 1set is not enough, 2 is not enough, 3 not enough, 4 not enough, but almost, 6 sets is miraculously too much and 5 sets is the perfect amount.
    How convienent?
    If 4 sets or 6 sets was better than you would do that? If your doing 5 sets you are simply stating 4 sets is not enough and 6 is too much. Perhaps
    there is a chance that 4 5 and 6 sets is all crap and there is a much better way.
    There is!!!!

Yep this ttwarrior is a genius trainer. A shame not more listen to me. I do train alot of people
    Not a single one would stop if if they found out i was on sbr or eat doritos and snickers everyday. It doesn't take
    away any of my knowledge. I don't have the greatest genes, bone structure, supplements and had bad joints
    before i ever starting lifting. I have a injured hip and someday i will be old. Should people not listen to anyone that is old??? People will be like, uh no thanks,not listening to you, your old. It doesn't fly.
    What about certification programs? Anyone can become a certified trainer. In fact you can become a certified trainer online in less than 3 hours. You purchase the program online. You then click the option that you have read the material and are ready to take the test. You then take the test online. You then get graded. 3 hours later you are a certified trainer. Now guess what. Did you know most cerification programs don't even really grade you? Why? Because they want your money. They are not going to flunk anyone for the most part because if they do , then they can't take your money and send you a certification certificate. Most certification programs are exactly alike with some modification so they don't copy other programs. This is how and why anyone can start a certification program. Its all about the money.
    So who certifies the cerifier? Who certifies them? The answer is noone. Anyone can be a certified trainer and anyone can start their own certification program. In fact if you wanted to start your own certification program tommorrow, you could and for very little cost.
    As an experiment, i stopped writing this and became a certified trainer again in less than 30 minutes. Not hard at all. There are several hundred certification programs and they all have one goal. Get you certified and take your money. Then out of the blue, you need to send more money in a year to remain certified. Did i lose training knowledge in that year that i have to send money to regain it?
    The moral is, most certification programs are crap , in fact horrendous just like most training programs people are on.
    Most certified trainers don't even know the basic fundementals of their field. This goes for alot of our leaders in various fields. The best trainer at your gym could be the strongest guy , but i doubt it, but could easily be someone that has never touched a weight. You don't gain knowlege by lifting weights. You gain it from learning by reading, and observing and having an open mind. Of course not many knowledgable people have never not touched a weight, but listening to someone with great genes, or on growth hormone or says listen to them because they are certified may not be the way to go either.

ttwarrior1

Where does one launch an investigation aimed at discovering the type of effort responsible for stimulating growth? The most likely place to start is by looking at one of the more readily observed qualities of the things that exists in reality; namely, quantity. The growth stimulus cannot be directly related to quantity of exercise effort or bodybuilders would see better and better results for every additional hour they spent training.

Since it obviously is not the quantity of effort that's important, there is but one place left to look - the quality, or intensity, of the effort. If a person could curl a 100 pound barbell for 10 reps to failure which rep would be more productive in terms of stimulating an increase in strength and size, the first, the least intense, or the last, the most intense? Obviously it is the last. Do you see where it stands to reason that if the last rep is better than the first, it will be better than the second, third, fourth and so on? That is irrefutable proof that it is the quality of the effort, not the quantity, which is responsible for growth stimulation. Quantity of effort is important only for building endurance, not strength and muscle mass. Don't confuse training long with training hard. Training hard, intensely, is what is required to build muscle mass.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

ranting, raving, and foaming out the mouth!!!!!

we have another instigate TTWarrior pool winner!!!!

ttwarrior1

I bet king mayan thinks jordan should be a head coach
    jerry rice should be a wr coach
    emmit smith a offensive coordinator

How did all this listening to arnold schwartnigger work out???

Executing that last, almost impossible, rep causes the body to dip into its reserve ability. Since it only has a small amount of this reserve to draw upon before depletion occurs, the body protects itself from future assaults upon its reserves by enlarging upon its existing ability through the compensatory build-up of more muscle mass.

Only high-intensity effort can force the body to resort to its reserve ability sufficiently to stimulate an adaptive response in the form of a muscle mass increase. Repeating tasks that are within your existing capacity do nothing to stimulate growth, there's no need. Ending a set before failure, just because an arbitrary number of reps have been completed simply will not induce growth.

ttwarrior1

chi archie: accept my challenge of doing 1 workout the way i say to do it, then comeback and tell us what you think

Will you accept? You have nothing to lose

Oh yeh, you'll probaly say no, so you can be a pussy and fuss, whine and complain and disagree with stuff for the sake
    of disagreeing.

1 workout is all i need to convince you

Just one,

JJ will you do it and make a vid? 1 workout, less then 40 min in the gym

ps: did you know if you breath in your nose and out of your mouth a few times before a lift you can
    end up doing 2 to 5 more reps than you thought???

I doubt it, probaly to stubborn to even try.

You need to send energy into the muscles, not out of the muscles.

ttwarrior1

Not that it has any relevance.

Kentucky, louisville and ohio state basketball player do hit training specfically.

I was even on a show with pitino back in 97 where i called in and asked him if his team did hit training.
    If you don't believe me, just listen to his call in show and ask him. It's that simple. His current team also does it.
    If there was a better routine, believe me. Pitino would have them do it.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO

Yes tt, my last rep always goes to failure, if with a partner, i do force reps. If im solo, i do drop sets,negatives,etc..

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

chi archie: accept my challenge of doing 1 workout the way i say to do it, then comeback and tell us what you think

Will you accept? You have nothing to lose

Oh yeh, you'll probaly say no, so you can be a pussy and fuss, whine and complain and disagree with stuff for the sake
    of disagreeing.

1 workout is all i need to convince you

Just one,

JJ will you do it and make a vid? 1 workout, less then 40 min in the gym

ps: did you know if you breath in your nose and out of your mouth a few times before a lift you can
    end up doing 2 to 5 more reps than you thought???

I doubt it, probaly to stubborn to even try.

You need to send energy into the muscles, not out of the muscles.
    sure I'll do it. I did 1 set to failure with all sorts of forced reps, stripped, supersets ect for years.. but you have to make a vid of you doin a workout for the 50 paypal I offered you too.

studmlb55
    studmlb55's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

My friend squatting 1000 a few months ago...

spankie
    Long Live Rodney!
    spankie's Avatar Become A Pro!

ttwarrior will you please shut the fuk up and stop copying and pasting 5000 word fuking essays from other sites.

ttwarrior1

do what chi? i have to do what?

Anymore than the exact amount is overtraining.

There is no such thing as gaining extra muscle or extra strength.

More sets to pump blood

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO

How can i overtrain when i eat 7-8 meals a day and train each bodypart once a week. There's no way.

First 123 Last