Shaudius
    Shaudius's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 702

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCarl View Post
    Biggest lie I've seen all week.

Even if he does want to cut taxes for manufacturers at home (I doubt it), presumably to encourage companies to provide jobs in the USA again, it's counterproductive. The reason companies started offering so many jobs offshore is because the government set the minimum wage artificially high, and the taxes on them are too high. Obama explained this himself, "that's the definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result." Yes, some corporations get huge tax breaks and laws that favor them. Those are the ones that buy off our politicians, such as Obama, but not just democrats. Yes, there are still some very successful companies that could handle the minimum wage and taxes. Most can't.

And people wonder why we can't get job growth in this country.
    Set the minimum wage artificially high? The poverty line is $10,890 the federal minimum wage if you work a traditional 2,000 a year job would be $14,500. So the min wage is only 30% of the poverty line. Furthermore the jobs that are being outsources are not the jobs that would pay minimum wage here, they are mostly manufacturing jobs. I'm not saying that the proposal is right, but that the minimum wage laws have basically nothing to do with it.

"Yes, some corporations get huge tax breaks and laws that favor them. Those are the ones that buy off our politicians, such as Obama"

You mean like the oil companies? The companies that the Senate just tried to vote to end the subsidizes for that only 2 Republicans voted for and 4 Democrats voted against. So do you admit that oil companies control the majority of Republican politicians and a few Democrat ones?

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post

Sam Odom: redneck or just a moron?

ad hominem or shoot the messenger is sooooo Liberal

Sam Odom

U.S. Corporate Tax Rate Highest In The Developed World

WASHINGTON, March 30 (Reuters) - The United States will hold the dubious distinction starting on Sunday of having the developed world's highest corporate tax rate after Japan's drops to 38.01 percent, setting the stage for much political posturing but probably little tax reform.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1392310.html

andywend
    andywend's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

Quote Originally Posted by ACoochy View Post
    Sammy, if u ever want to be taken seriously then please do us all a favour and don't quote anything fox news or fox news related.

The fact u do that is a insult to my intelligence and a lot of other posters around these parts also. Tells me u believe we r unable to form independent thought, the biggest insultr of all.
    Liberal Fox haters like yourself are clearly UNABLE to think for themselves.

You have proven it over and over again.

I notice how Mayan has not yet chimed in on the Trayvon story.

The liberal side of Mayan wants to see Zimmerman strung up by his shorts because that is what he is told to believe by his liberal masters. However, the Latino in Mayan is showing solidarity to another Latino in Zimmerman.

Which way does he go?

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    U.S. Corporate Tax Rate Highest In The Developed World

WASHINGTON, March 30 (Reuters) - The United States will hold the dubious distinction starting on Sunday of having the developed world's highest corporate tax rate after Japan's drops to 38.01 percent, setting the stage for much political posturing but probably little tax reform.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1392310.html
    Sad and unreal. The American dream vanishing as the US govt sucks the life out of business.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Sam Odom

billysink
    billysink's Avatar Become A Pro!

What choice does it have John. The American government is but a pawn to a higher agenda.

That is the modus operandi for all major government structures in the world today. There are very few "entitled" to the American dream or dreams of any kind.
    Points Awarded:

19th Hole gave billysink 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10251

From the posts that are made
    BillySink may be the only one with a real clue.

icancount2one
    Let's go NickFolian Dynamite!
    icancount2one's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 571

It's a great idea.

The tax code right now incentivizes the use of slave labor in 3rd world countries.

I think we should go ahead and implement this, as well as banning all goods made with slave labor from being sold in the US. You want to use cheap Chinese labor? Well, you better at least pay those poor fukks what it takes to live off 40 hours labor in Beijing.

billysink

This is the problem right here. Counter here does not realize the most important part of the equation.

We are all slaves.

Paid in different currencies with different standards of living. Your class structure and earnings are on parallel with the rest of the fukkin world. You just don't realize it because you have been conditioned not to.

Soon you too will be left with the same thing those "poor fukks" have as will everyone else here.

And you will still be blathering about right, left, center, Republican, Democrat blah fukkin blah. Precisely as you have been programmed to. That will keep you busy while your life is being stolen from you right under your fukkin nose.

billysink

This thread title should have stopped at global. A blank left to fill in.

Global tax
    Global economy
    Global standard of living
    Global currency

Add it all up and you will be living in a global toilet.

icancount2one

Quote Originally Posted by billysink View Post
    This is the problem right here. Counter here does not realize the most important part of the equation.

We are all slaves.

Paid in different currencies with different standards of living. Your class structure and earnings are on parallel with the rest of the fukkin world. You just don't realize it because you have been conditioned not to.

Soon you too will be left with the same thing those "poor fukks" have as will everyone else here.

And you will still be blathering about right, left, center, Republican, Democrat blah fukkin blah. Precisely as you have been programmed to. That will keep you busy while your life is being stolen from you right under your fukkin nose.
    Um... no. I work a pretty crappy job, and have enough for a computer/car/gaming/smartphone/gambling. Even if you are pretty broke by American standards you're still pretty much in the top 1% of the world in terms of stuff you can buy.

I'm talking about real, legit, you-can't-leave-or-we-will-shoot-you slavery, as well as the "paying 11-year-olds $0.11/hr to work with zero safety standards" variety.

And Billy, I don't know why you're so doom and gloom. Things are getting better, and in the end, YOU have control over what you do with your life.

billysink

Quote Originally Posted by icancount2one View Post
    Um... no. I work a pretty crappy job, and have enough for a computer/car/gaming/smartphone/gambling. Even if you are pretty broke by American standards you're still pretty much in the top 1% of the world in terms of stuff you can buy.

I'm talking about real, legit, you-can't-leave-or-we-will-shoot-you slavery, as well as the "paying 11-year-olds $0.11/hr to work with zero safety standards" variety.

And Billy, I don't know why you're so doom and gloom. Things are getting better, and in the end, YOU have control over what you do with your life.
    No doom and gloom here Counter.

You are correct in your last statement.

icancount2one

Quote Originally Posted by billysink View Post
    No doom and gloom here Counter.

You are correct in your last statement.

Dude, you just told me we were drifting into a status comparable to third world slaves... care to explain?

I think refusing to buy goods that are manufactured under inhuman conditions would be a far better way to change the world than launching wars and knocking off petty dictators.

darrell74
    darrell74's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19428

Lot of talk and no follow through

billysink

billysink

Watch this link. It is a bit over the top and born of an agenda of its own but it has some good key points.

Gotta be able to beat them at their own game by positioning yourself in a manner so as not to feed the powers that be. And don't let them feed you.

It is not impossible to live outside of political and socio-economic agenda.

http://www.collapsenet.com/free-reso...ur-enslavement

And there is a ton of truth to the saying "The only thing to fear is fear itself".
    Last edited by billysink; 04-01-12 at 07:19 AM. Reason: forgot the link like the idiot I am

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

People who don't vote should shut the fck up.

Who might that be? The guys who spew the shit about both sides sucking and we are
    all slaves.

Emily_Haines
    Emily_Haines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15296

Quit spending 1 trillion on the military year after year and maybe the corporate tax rate can be cut some. However since we have so many blood thirsty war mongers in this country that believe we have the rate to tell other countries what to do this shit has to be paid for some how.

Sam Odom

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post

Sad and unreal. The American dream vanishing as the US govt sucks the life out of business.

hockey216
    hockey216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

democrats are clueless. they say they want to help the poor and solve all the worlds problems. but really, they just tax the hell out of everybody, screw up the economy, and dont fix a damn thing.

KingJD31
    KingJD31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7042

Quote Originally Posted by Emily_Haines View Post
    Quit spending 1 trillion on the military year after year and maybe the corporate tax rate can be cut some. However since we have so many blood thirsty war mongers in this country that believe we have the rate to tell other countries what to do this shit has to be paid for some how.
    First off your right, IMO iraq was careless but afganistan we had every right, second of all a major way to cut spending is to stop giving out free healthcare andwelfare to lazy people like yourse

Newt/Santorum=careless wars
    Obama=giving out money to worthless people

Romney or Ron paul only logical presidents

Emily_Haines
    Emily_Haines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15296

Quote Originally Posted by KingJD31 View Post
    First off your right, IMO iraq was careless but afganistan we had every right, second of all a major way to cut spending is to stop giving out free healthcare andwelfare to lazy people like yourse

Newt/Santorum=careless wars
    Obama=giving out money to worthless people

Romney or Ron paul only logical presidents
    Dude, I am lazy but I don't get free food, healthcare, housing assistance or anything.

rkelly110

Quote Originally Posted by hockey216 View Post
    democrats are clueless. they say they want to help the poor and solve all the worlds problems. but really, they just tax the hell out of everybody, screw up the economy, and dont fix a damn thing.
    I believe the Dems were being the adults these past 3 years. The Repubs said no to everything, even when the pres agreed to put into law some of their ideas.

The Repubs have been/ will be children for the rest of 'bamas term. If 'bama gets re elected, this country is fcked, thanks to the Repubs, their little pledges and the constant bickering, even among their own party.

I want 'bama out, because of the shit that's not getting done thanks to the Repubs.

If he gets back in, it won't be Mr nice guy. I guarantee it.

andywend
    andywend's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

The democrats had total power during 2009 and 2010 and things only got worse.

After Obama and the democrats shoved ObamaCare through without a single vote of support from the republicans (while exempting themselves, their families and labor unions from having to participate in it) they drew a line in the sand.

Its one thing to pass some simple legislation on total partisan grounds but it was terribly irresponsible for Obama and the democrats to do the same with socialized medicine. This has been a hot-button issue dating back to the 1960's.

Imagine if Bush and the republicans scrapped social security or medicare when they had the numbers or reversed Roe v Wade?

A good president figures out a way to work with the other side. Bill Clinton was a good president. That is NOT the case with Barack Obama.

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11618

Quote Originally Posted by Emily_Haines View Post
    Pretty sure I earn more while I sleep than you do at your pathetic job.
    Welfare!

rkelly110

Exactly, 'bama has created a split amongst parties and race like no other pres.
    For that reason alone he needs to go, but the Repubs, in a lot of opinions from
    both parties agree, they have acted like children and don't have the interest
    of the country at heart. Signing a pledge is like saying never and should be against
    the law. IMO.

First 12