vyomguy
    vyomguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

LA Dodgers are priced higher than Manchester United !!!

Manchester United - The world's most famous sports club is valued at 1.47 billion dollars.

And now....LA dodgers are the world's highest priced sports club at 2 billion.

Just unreal.

sneakerhead
    I NEED MONEY
    sneakerhead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1417

Baseball team worth 2 billion is just too funny

byronbb
    byronbb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2284

Sports isn't going anywhere. "Being a fan" has become some sort of marketing strategy used to trick people into believing they belong to something. Sports too, as a live event, is still largely immune to the piracy that plagues movies, music, etc.

Living The Dream
    Looks like an Underdog Week 2!
    Living The Dream's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 761

Does Manchester Uniteds value include stadium and parking lots? I don't think so, there is more value in their actually team.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

dodgers = jon koncak

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

highly doubt that is accurate, man u is marketable to every corner of this earth, especially europe and asia

I find it hard to believe that the dodgers hold any value outside the united states

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

theyre not 'worth' that much that is just what a bunch of dummies was willing to blind bid for them to make sure they got them.

considering how this team has been handled since the O malleys first let them go way back when it is hard to see how these guys figured they could spend that type of money for them.

Good tax write off I guess. If they get that TV deal it might recoup a very small portion of it, but to think the investors actually see profits from the team is laughable. Just a toy for the super rich oto throw around.

But if there is ever an NFL team brought back here that 2 billion will be pocket change compared to what has to be spent in prepping for that.

Pretty good for a state that is so far in debt that it will never see the light of day ever again.

dodger33
    Kershnasty
    dodger33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

TV deal worth around 3 billion for Dodgers...

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

dodgers games are kind of boring

mcmc
    mcmc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15527

Quote Originally Posted by SportsMushroom View Post
    highly doubt that is accurate, man u is marketable to every corner of this earth, especially europe and asia

I find it hard to believe that the dodgers hold any value outside the united states

Inside the USA-Los Angelas high rent district, Hollywood, MLB established professional league, TV deal, LA/NY entertainment capitals

Outside US-Mexico (remember Fernando Nation) Japan (Nomo) South America,
    Dominican Republic (LA estblished the 1st off continent baseball school/camp, remember Andian Beltre)

Ernie Mccracken
    Ernie Mccracken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4304

The rich are getting richer and they love owning sports franchises. Same reason there's a waiting list for $300k sports cars, multi-million dollar boats, and many $5M+ homes in LA/NYC/HK/London. Expect to see more of this in the future.

ZetaPsi808
    July 2011 Poster of the Month
    ZetaPsi808's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1982

baseball > soccer

dodger33
    Kershnasty
    dodger33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie Mccracken View Post
    The rich are getting richer and they love owning sports franchises. Same reason there's a waiting list for $300k sports cars, multi-million dollar boats, and many $5M+ homes in LA/NYC/HK/London. Expect to see more of this in the future.
    What the fuk do you want the rich to do, get poorer? Go away troll.

Marigold HD
    Marigold HD's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47737

This just doesn't make sense to me. $2 billion?? Does the league get the money??

Ernie Mccracken
    Ernie Mccracken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4304

Quote Originally Posted by dodger33 View Post
    What the fuk do you want the rich to do, get poorer? Go away troll.

I, for one, welcome our billionaire overlords.

vyomguy
    vyomguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

Magic Johnson is a nut case for bidding so much on dodgers...economically this is a terrible move. They wont make profit to warrant the deal.

GGZOLA
    GGZOLA's Avatar Become A Pro!

I work 10 minutes from dodger stadium and I see countless numbskulls pay money to go watch a team that has no chance of competing year in and year out. They blow $20 bucks on food, $15 for parking, and go through all the hassle to watch a team average 3 runs a game at best. Besides Kershaw and Kemp they have nothing, and never pursue any good hitter in free agency. I wish someone bought them and moved them far away from here to alleviate the traffic nightmares, thats all they are good for. Dallas Dodgers, that has a nice sound to it. Just get this sorry ass team outta here. Kirk Gibson was great but its been a quarter of a century.
    Can't think of any team besides the raiders with so much mediocrity at best and so beloved.

gryfyn1
    gryfyn1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Not sure where you are getting you numbers from but.

The Dodger were not 'worth' 2B, thats what they sold for. Most recently the dodgers were valued at about 1.45B.

Forbes values ManU at 1.8B, there is/was a planned IPO to raise money for ManU which would place the teams value at about 2.4B, while the Glazer most recent asking price was about 2.5B.

The Dodgers sold for that much simply because McCount was a money grubbing dirtbag that the buyers/MLB were so eager to get his slimy presence away from baseball that they were willing to overpay to get rid of him.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

Quote Originally Posted by vyomguy View Post
    Magic Johnson is a nut case for bidding so much on dodgers...economically this is a terrible move. They wont make profit to warrant the deal.
    magic didnt offer the $2 billion, it was the guggenheim group led by the owner of the nba gsw. last i saw magics fortune was under $400 mil.

the group is bunch of carpetbaggers who are probably paying magic to be their figurehead so they would be better accepted. and what better way than to have an la icon put his name on it.

GGZOLA
    GGZOLA's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm all over the IPO for that parking lot I'll tell ya that much

Glada Tartan
    Swedish brännboll-expert ;D
    Glada Tartan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Unreal--- yes!!

a4u2fear
    TEASE IT
    a4u2fear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35459

Is Man U the one that just built their own 1B$ island, or a different soccer team?

MatI
    MatI's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7480

Quote Originally Posted by a4u2fear View Post
    Is Man U the one that just built their own 1B$ island, or a different soccer team?
    No, it was Spanish club, Real Madrid who are doing that.

PickWinnerAllDay
    I'd never gamble again for Taylor Swift
    PickWinnerAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

I'm not really sure how the Dodgers are worth 250% what the Cubs are worth... the Cubs seem to have a larger fan base.