Illusivecone
    Illusivecone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

Clippers game spread fixed?

Clips fouled up 13 with 7 seconds left with a 10.5 spread

Only reason would be to prevent backdoor 3?

Illusivecone

Oh and that foul also screwed the under by 0.5 pts

NBA, Where Amazing Happens

B1GER1C828
    Bostoneric
    B1GER1C828's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

gave my over a push. unreallllll

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

I can't believe that shit. Reggie Evans must have had some money on the game or was protecting some friends who had Clipp -10.5? Who the hell fouls in that spot? Unfukingreal. I'm glad I wasn't on NOLA.

Living The Dream
    Looks like an Underdog Week 2!
    Living The Dream's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 761

My total a push also. What a joke

yydouble
    Golf Expert
    yydouble's Avatar Become A Pro!

Those teams hate each other.

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

was wondering the same thing why the buck would you foul there made no sense.

daneault23
    daneault23's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4943

Was wondering exact same damn thing... there is really no point in fouling when there is no possibility of a comeback at that point.. makes you wonder huh

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

Situations like that really paints them into a corner so to speak. They need to set the score but in doing so it makes it quite obvious that they are rigging the final score. Funny how that foul effected both the total and the spread.

Domestic
    Domestic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1756

I bought a half point on the over and for once it paid off. I am usually the one getting fukked over by teams fouling for absolutely no reason late in games.

PickWinnerAllDay
    I'd never gamble again for Taylor Swift
    PickWinnerAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

I'm not going to say I believe in fixes or don't on a case by case basis... but don't you guys think it is possible that the Clippers knew they were favored by 10.5 and wanted to make sure they covered?

I think the players know the spread and I think it is a moral victory on top of the win to cover the spread.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

The players know the spread.

Ernie Mccracken
    Ernie Mccracken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4304

Fix was in. Check out the lemonparty website and report it.

mh217
    mh217's Avatar Become A Pro!

No fix he's just an idiot....I remember a game when some moron was chucking 3's and fouling for no reason and even the announcers were like what is this about..and he just looked at the camera and shrugged his shoulders and had that "what did you expect from me, I thought you knew I was an uneducated piece of shit" look on his face....you bet these scumbags, you know the deal....anything is possible.

warriorfan707
    SBR Poster of the Milennium
    warriorfan707's Avatar Become A Pro!

People are so obsessed with lines and totals they have forgotten that the whole world doesnt revolve around gambling.Has it and may it happen? Sure. Does it happen as much as sbr posters come out of the bushes and claim? Get real.

Illusivecone

Reggie Evans is one of the smarter players in the NBA. Something was up, maybe not a fix but they wanted to preserve the cover or screw the total.

Game ended on a 19-2ish NO run, so I figured spread was more likely culprit.

Illusivecone

Oh and BTW it didn't effect me $$$, just an interesting observation

shimeon40
    shimeon40's Avatar Become A Pro!

OMG..clicked on lemonparty website...fastest i've ever got out of website..like 5 seconds..Geez talk about shock value.

Illusivecone

Quote Originally Posted by shimeon40 View Post
    OMG..clicked on lemonparty website...fastest i've ever got out of website..like 5 seconds..Geez talk about shock value.
    Hahahahahahaha

shimeon40
    shimeon40's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ernie McCraken..how can u last more than 5 secs there?

Ernie Mccracken
    Ernie Mccracken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4304

Quote Originally Posted by shimeon40 View Post
    Ernie McCraken..how can u last more than 5 secs there?

Hard work and dedication. Also have a good coach.

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10452

again

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

The end of that game was very suspicious.

Sadly, I couldn't really see the foul. The camera kind of panned away..

After a stagnant three quarters, they put up 53 in the fourth. My guess is if any shenanigans was going on it had to do with the total.

But yeah, we'll never know, so whatever.

vincanity15
    vincanity15's Avatar Become A Pro!

Unbelievable. Was following the play by play txt on my phone and thought it was a winner with 30sec to go, i was on the 181.5

MatI
    MatI's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7480

If they really wanted to 'fix' anything, why leave it to the last play of the night? Why not get some fouls in early in the 4th Qtr? Much easier than relying on a guy to sink some FT's with under 10 seconds left.

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Quote Originally Posted by MatI View Post
    If they really wanted to 'fix' anything, why leave it to the last play of the night? Why not get some fouls in early in the 4th Qtr? Much easier than relying on a guy to sink some FT's with under 10 seconds left.
    That's what I always say, too.

If a game is fixed, it will be like an underdog winning by 20 points, or a favorite absolutely smashing their opponent, thus making it look like anything but a fix.

MatI
    MatI's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7480

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    That's what I always say, too.

If a game is fixed, it will be like an underdog winning by 20 points, or a favorite absolutely smashing their opponent, thus making it look like anything but a fix.

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

Quote Originally Posted by Domestic View Post
    I bought a half point on the over and for once it paid off. I am usually the one getting fukked over by teams fouling for absolutely no reason late in games.
    buying 1/2 pt.... i really dont have a nice way to say what im thinking...lets just say,if this is true, and god i really hope it isnt, i hope you enjoy really cheap recreational gambling and dont expect to ever make money

Domestic
    Domestic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1756

Quote Originally Posted by raydog View Post
    buying 1/2 pt.... i really dont have a nice way to say what im thinking...lets just say,if this is true, and god i really hope it isnt, i hope you enjoy really cheap recreational gambling and dont expect to ever make money
    Because I'm sure you make tonnes of cash gambling.

ultrasouth
    Update your status
    ultrasouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1256

Quote Originally Posted by MatI View Post

Exactly...If it was a so called "fix: they cant be that stupid and make it that obvious and make it happen in the last 10 seconds.

alamo
    Why R.E.M. and not The Go-Betweens
    alamo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10890

What was puzzling to me was Clips made their shot with 7secs to play. Their up by double digits. And Evans raced over to IMMEDIATELY foul the Hornets. There's 6secs left for fcks sakes, your up by double digits. This was very very dodgy. The announcers went, "What are you doin ? well ok i guess for some people these FTs may stay count"

Living The Dream
    Looks like an Underdog Week 2!
    Living The Dream's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 761

Quote Originally Posted by alamo View Post
    What was puzzling to me was Clips made their shot with 7secs to play. Their up by double digits. And Evans raced over to IMMEDIATELY foul the Hornets. There's 6secs left for fcks sakes, your up by double digits. This was very very dodgy. The announcers went, "What are you doin ? well ok i guess for some people these FTs may stay count"
    I was listening on the radio and the announcers announced the foul with a "are you kidding me"

The guy missed one of two or this wouldn't have even been a push.

Up by that lead there is absolutely no right reasoning behind fouling unless you were trying to prevent something. Like maybe a 3, but the only thing a 3 would have screwed up is the spread.

RL75
    RL75's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 500

There was a game the other night, Nets and some other shitty team, may have been Atlanta. Anyhow Nets were up 7 going into the 4th q and it was a +7 point spread for Nets. Of course I was on the Nets. Anyhow they proceeded to blow that nice lead and got down by 7 points late in 4q.

They had the ball with 15 seconds or so and Gerald Wallace proceeded to airball not one, but 2 wide open three pointers (both hit backboard). Then after the rebound the Nets guy went and grabbed the Hawks guy with 3 seconds left. So the Hawks went and made both free throws of course and the Nets inbounded the ball and didn't even attempt a shot. Why foul if you aren't going to take another shot unless something is not on the level?

pepero428
    pepero428's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by RL75 View Post
    There was a game the other night, Nets and some other shitty team, may have been Atlanta. Anyhow Nets were up 7 going into the 4th q and it was a +7 point spread for Nets. Of course I was on the Nets. Anyhow they proceeded to blow that nice lead and got down by 7 points late in 4q.

They had the ball with 15 seconds or so and Gerald Wallace proceeded to airball not one, but 2 wide open three pointers (both hit backboard). Then after the rebound the Nets guy went and grabbed the Hawks guy with 3 seconds left. So the Hawks went and made both free throws of course and the Nets inbounded the ball and didn't even attempt a shot. Why foul if you aren't going to take another shot unless something is not on the level?
    or the lakers down the other day vs. grizzlies and mike brown calls a time out when game clearly out of reach and bynum gets his 1st career 3 pointer unguarded wow what was that about