mh217
    mh217's Avatar Become A Pro!

you will always make smarter bets when you have less money!

im convinced its a matter of concentration...when you have lots of cash in your acct you will be drawn to favs more than usual, handicap less, and bet big blindly for big cash more often..reckless basically...but when you have less in the acct it becomes time to "focus" and get extra sharp and grind out winners..and you will win..so you have to constantly remind yourself of this mantra..it does not take money to make money..it takes winners.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Menahem777, and jjgold

Marigold HD
    Marigold HD's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47737

Agreed

davidchong
    davidchong's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 697

Withdrawl, leave only 10% of winning

Quote Originally Posted by mh217 View Post
    im convinced its a matter of concentration...when you have lots of cash in your acct you will be drawn to favs more than usual, handicap less, and bet big blindly for big cash more often..reckless basically...but when you have less in the acct it becomes time to "focus" and get extra sharp and grind out winners..and you will win..so you have to constantly remind yourself of this mantra..it does not take money to make money..it takes winners.

Living The Dream
    Looks like an Underdog Week 2!
    Living The Dream's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 761

I am the opposite. I was rolling and made too much of a withdrawal and had a little balance, played too safe and shit the bed. Just made a deposit into another book and will try to leave more in there next time

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

i don't think the correlation of (stack of money to intelligent bets) is as important as the correlation of (level of sobriety to intelligent bets)

GreekMagic
    GreekMagic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1005

Not true and I could probably convince you otherwise. You ever been on tilt? Let's say you start with 1k and find yourself after a few bets at 200, you'll piss it away. I do agree with you somewhat, cause if I get to 1.5k I'm playing with 'my winnings' and give myself a bit of room for error. Either way, patience is key.

arnoldrothstein
    arnoldrothstein's Avatar Become A Pro!

Mh217 I've never heard anything in my life more true. I put 500a in can move it to 5k in a week then I go crazy. Your theory is dead on

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Great post

10000000% true

Post of the month

the_orangekat
    the_orangekat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Agreed, started with 200, making 50-100 dollar bets over 10 days. Ran it to 3500 then lost 7 straight 500 dollar bets and had 0...chased one loss with another with another with another and surely after 6 loses, I can't lose SEVEN IN A ROW, right? Nope, sure can.

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

This is why you need to set yourself an account maximum and withdraw any money over that amount. For me it's $2000 and even if my account is $2020 I'll withdraw $20. I'm at betfair so there is no withdraw fees which is nice. If there are withdraw fees then you will have to say your account max is $2000 but when you hit $2100 you'll withdraw the $100.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Its a disease though

We will never learn

Once the money rolls in goodbye small bets