ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Frank Martin out of K-State in at USC

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/46840660#.T20UszGPVmE

Sounds stupid, but it was reported.

zoo youk
    zoo youk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1197

but you k state is gonna have alot of violtions coming out soon. samuels getting paid reported already. Martin jumping ship before the heat comes down.

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

Quote Originally Posted by zoo youk View Post
    but you k state is gonna have alot of violtions coming out soon. samuels getting paid reported already. Martin jumping ship before the heat comes down.
    the irony....isnt that called a "pete carroll"?

zoo youk

haha yup. meant to say bet you, not but.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Usc can be a power if they recruit inner city if you catch my drift the talent they have now is a joke if Martin comes they will recruit dominguez,dorsey, crenshaw etc

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.

University of South Carolina...

Not Southern California - they are happy with Kevin O'Neils awfulness.

baskets
    Poster of the Month Twice a Month
    baskets's Avatar Become A Pro!

teaser, don't forget all the great KingMayan players in LA.

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    University of South Carolina...

Not Southern California - they are happy with Kevin O'Neils awfulness.
    oh sorry in these parts there is only one USC... God I wish they could get martin

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    oh sorry in these parts there is only one USC... God is wish they could get martin
    Hey, I 100% agree, I am in PAC country - didn't know there was another USC before reading this non-sense.

zoo youk

wow. makes it look even worse. k state must be getting hit hard with violations. wtf else would he leave to go to shit ass south carolina???

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

His style seems to conflict with Southern Cali about as much as it possibly could.

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by baskets View Post
    teaser, don't forget all the great KingMayan players in LA.
    lol no love for lorenzo Mata? I cant really name any others remember him for ucla?

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

everywhere martin goes ..some shyt happen!!...dude is a cancer

PickWinnerAllDay
    I'd never gamble again for Taylor Swift
    PickWinnerAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

USC is a step down from K-state so you gotta think something bad is coming.

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by krk1030 View Post
    His style seems to conflict with Southern Cali about as much as it possibly could.
    worry about that later can it really get any worse for usc basketball? If he can recruit in manhattan ks trust me he can recruit @ so cal...,the guys running around in trojan unis wouldnt even start at some of the jcs in LA. If you just recruited LAUSD high school you should throw together better players than that.

redsoxfreak91
    redsoxfreak91's Avatar Become A Pro!

Frank Martin couldnt run from his true love so he chose to coach the cocks. He wants to shove the decision down all the nay sayers throats.

zoo youk

hes on cbs right now and they r refering to him as k stte coach

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!

South Carolina has deep pockets and is dieing for a winner in basketball......They will definitely get a good coach this time around......I know they were awful this year but they won back to back NIT tourneys a few years ago and were decent for most of the last decade

The football team went from shit to a very good SEC program, and the baseball team is back to back national champions at the moment.......South Carolina like most SEC schools has great fans that are ready to pack a great, new arena in basketball

That is why someone who likes a challenge and loves money will be heading there soon

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Martin is now IN at South Carolina

Who gives a fuk if he pulls some shit to get some talent here....GET SOME TALENT HERE!

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Story on Yahoo claims friction between Martin and the K-State A.D. Hopefully that is it and not any sort of violations. Still seems like a weird move. Guy probably could have gone to Illinois which is a better job IMO.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    Story on Yahoo claims friction between Martin and the K-State A.D. Hopefully that is it and not any sort of violations. Still seems like a weird move. Guy probably could have gone to Illinois which is a better job IMO.
    I'd crack on Illinois after this comment but that's undoubtedly true. I disagree with MLD...Gamecock hoops hasn't been relevant since the Frank McGuire years and the only time they're mentioned is when the 2's losing to 15's conversation comes up.

I will say that if Illinois is as big a job as most on here claim it is then this is the type of move they'd make, i.e. established coach jumping ship (not necessarily a guy like FM). There's gotta be a few out there.

griz
    FEB 2012 POTM
    griz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 607

dont blame him

Kansas one of worst places to live in the country

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    I'd crack on Illinois after this comment but that's undoubtedly true. I disagree with MLD...Gamecock hoops hasn't been relevant since the Frank McGuire years and the only time they're mentioned is when the 2's losing to 15's conversation comes up.

I will say that if Illinois is as big a job as most on here claim it is then this is the type of move they'd make, i.e. established coach jumping ship (not necessarily a guy like FM). There's gotta be a few out there.
    Not relevant but we certainly can make the big tournament with Martin now.....We beat number 1 Kentucky 2 seasons ago......SC basketball has great facilities and the rest of the sports programs at SC are having great sucess so this is a great hire

Illusivecone
    Illusivecone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

Guess being little brother to KU in recruiting got to him...

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Spurrier, Frank Martin, and Ray Tanner (Reigning back to back CWS Baseball National Champions)

Gamecocks Sports on the Up and Up

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

People have to stop referring to South Carolina as USC. I thought the OP meant Trojans too.

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10260

this is his last ride , he cant win there. usc is full of 5th grade thugs

Tree Rollins
    Tree Rollins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1029

Nevermind...
    Last edited by Tree Rollins; 03-27-12 at 07:57 PM. Reason: Nevermind. Apparently USC is now South Carolina?

PickWinnerAllDay

lol @ the people that think Illinois would go for Frank Martin.

Just what the Illini program needs right now on top of everything else... sanctions and probation.

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    People have to stop referring to South Carolina as USC. I thought the OP meant Trojans too.
    LOL, Kinda did it on purpose - as the article threw me the same way. I'd rather just stop referring to South Carolina in general - but that is a whole other topic.

PickWinnerAllDay

FM has nothing to lose here. No one has won there so if he is the first he wins big, if he fails, eh, who cares?

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by PickWinnerAllDay View Post
    FM has nothing to lose here. No one has won there so if he is the first he wins big, if he fails, eh, who cares?
    No doubt!

I bet 95% of that fan base couldn't find the basketball arena without a fukkin map and a clue. Who world of degenerates on SBR, and not a single SC backer in here sayin' a word.

PickWinnerAllDay

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post

Illinois may not be an elite top 10 type program, but we aren't dumb enough to hire someone who will set the program back 3-5 years with sanctions and probation.

''
    Kansas State
    athletic director John Currie claimed Tuesday that a receipt showing an illicit payment to forward Jamar Samuels was brought to the school's attention after someone found it in the trash at a grocery store. "It was found just on the floor, in the trash at the grocery store, and it was brought to the compliance office," Currie said, according to The Kansas City Star.
    "I promise you, I wish it would have stayed in the trash."

Money
    Money's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2339

Why so much hate for South Carolina? We have a football program on the rise with Spurrier, a powerhouse baseball program, and now just got a coach who doesnt put up with non-sense. There may be questions about his experience and his ability to recruit, but you cannot question that he is a coach who gets more out of the players he has than the majority of the coaches out there. I, being a South Carolina student, think we will always have a weak basketball program because of the states high school basketball. If Martin can reach down and bring some recruits from Miami or other parts of the country, then I don't question his ability to resurrect the program. Gamecock fans are chomping at the bit to have a contending basketball team and our Arena is top-notch. Hopefully in years to come, South Carolina athletics will start to garner the attention and respect it deserves.

While we are talking Gamecock sports, pro day is today and Alshon Jeffrey is solidifing his first round draft status. Running an unofficial 4.45 and weighing in at 213 is amazing. He played this year around 230. Only question I have is if he will be able to keep weight off during season or is this just a "unnatural" weight-loss. Stephen Garcia is in the building too and looks leaner and more in shape than ever. Shame he couldn't be in that good of shape during his 4 years here! I guess getting away from Columbia and 5 points helped G lose some of that weight.

12 Last