k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1800

Move over Big Ten and Big East....

SEC is the best conference.

Soon to be 7-2 after tonight. Facts are Facts.

isotopes
    isotopes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

hahaha, funny

Scoobdog24
    Scoobdog24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3765

Bad Comparison. The SEC has only played 1/3 of the Tournament games the Big East has played. The SEC as a whole is garbage without Kentucky. Tomorrow the Big East will be 15-7 and The SEC will be 6-3 or 5-4.

Vol_Bengal
    Vol_Bengal's Avatar Become A Pro!

Was going to come on here and mention the fact that provided Kentucky takes care of business tonight... that'd leave 2 SEC schools, 2 Big East schools, and 1 Big 10 school in the dance...

And... the conferences started out with 4, 9, and 6 teams overall... that'd be 50%, 22%, and 17%...

k13

Quote Originally Posted by Scoobdog24 View Post
    Bad Comparison. The SEC has only played 1/3 of the Tournament games the Big East has played. The SEC as a whole is garbage without Kentucky. Tomorrow the Big East will be 15-7 and The SEC will be 6-3 or 5-4.
    Or the SEC could have 2 Final Four teams with only 4 entered while Big East might have 0 with 10 teams entered.

isotopes

Dude the SEC is complete garbage, having Kentucky in your conference does not make it a great conference it makes it a horrible conference with one great team. Florida is the other good team in that conference and they had a great win yesterday, but Ohio had a great win last weekend that doesn't mean that the Ohio Valley Conference is great.

These posts are just dumb.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Big E/Big 10
    ACC

SEC

BIG 12

PAC10

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Florida, from that "garbage" conference is favored over the Big East tourney champ.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

blackbeSSt
    blackbeSSt's Avatar Become A Pro!

im an sec homer and i have NEVER heard the sec been referred to as the best conference in basketball. theres a reason for that.... all the teams not named kentucky

we'll kick your ass in football however

isotopes

Quote Originally Posted by meader99 View Post
    Florida, from that "garbage" conference is favored over the Big East tourney champ.
    Yes the SEC is complete garbage as a basketball conference, but Kentucky is great and Florida is a really good team, two teams do not make a whole conference. After Florida there is Vandy who is decent, but who got bounced early, and then there is who??????? Tennesse? LSU? Georgia?

As a conference the SEC was bad this year, as a team both Florida and Kentucky are really good

k13

Florida better than anyone since 2000.

Fact.

Vol_Bengal

I'm not going to argue that the SEC top to bottom was stellar... but I find it hilarious the vehement defense of the Big East, Big 10, and ACC when none of those conferences have any more participants in the big dance left than the SEC does, two of em, less... and there are still 12 teams left. If these other conferences had so damn many great teams shouldn't they be in the mix still? They wouldn't ALL knock each other out.

Maybe the media man crush paints a picture that isn't quite accurate?

homerbush
    homerbush's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3780

Quote Originally Posted by isotopes View Post
    Dude the SEC is complete garbage, having Kentucky in your conference does not make it a great conference it makes it a horrible conference with one great team. Florida is the other good team in that conference and they had a great win yesterday, but Ohio had a great win last weekend that doesn't mean that the Ohio Valley Conference is great.

These posts are just dumb.
    Hey moron Ohio is in the MAC not the Ohio Valley why don't you learn something before trying to talk smack.

PickWinnerAllDay
    I'd never gamble again for Taylor Swift
    PickWinnerAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Can't focus solely on the tournament.

Have to combine the regular season with the tournament see what you get.

The fact that Tennessee finished 2nd in the SEC makes the SEC look really really bad.

Tennessee lost to Austin Peay, Oakland, and College of Charleston for crying out loud.

And this holds up to last year when Alabama lost to a ton of teams out of conference (including by double digits to Iowa) and then had the best record in the SEC

isotopes

Well I didn't know what conference they were in and I was at work so I did a google search and the website I saw had up Ohio Valley Conference, I think that the name of the conference really doesn't make a difference anyway or detract from the point I was making, so pointing that out and talking like a jackass does not change the point of the argument.

baskets
    Poster of the Month Twice a Month
    baskets's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hawaii and Lou Tech would've dominated the tourney... but they didn't get in.

That's called Pineapple and Cotton discrimination right there.

Will not stand for it!!!

PickWinnerAllDay

SEC fans seem to think the champion determines the best conference... If only Butler had won it one of those years so SEC fans could talk about the Horizon being the best conference. lol

Vol_Bengal

Does it make people feel better if their 3-7 ranked teams were "better than average", while another conferences 3-7 were average? Again - if the 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ranked teams in these other conferences were so much better then shouldn't at least a couple of them still be standing???

Yet, they're not. And, I guess the last thing would be this... who gives a damn how good a conference is? All that helps is number of teams entered and seeding for the dance. This is a tourney sport and the last man standing is all the freaking matters. As they say, put up or shut up.

If Kansas wins it all... are Big East or Big 10 fans gonna be happy with "well, top to bottom we're still the best conference!"... Who gives a damn.

PickWinnerAllDay

Quote Originally Posted by Vol_Bengal View Post
    Does it make people feel better if their 3-7 ranked teams were "better than average", while another conferences 3-7 were average? Again - if the 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ranked teams in these other conferences were so much better then shouldn't at least a couple of them still be standing???

Yet, they're not. And, I guess the last thing would be this... who gives a damn how good a conference is? All that helps is number of teams entered and seeding for the dance. This is a tourney sport and the last man standing is all the freaking matters. As they say, put up or shut up.

If Kansas wins it all... are Big East or Big 10 fans gonna be happy with "well, top to bottom we're still the best conference!"... Who gives a damn.
    The tournament is all about match ups. For instance, Louisville is playing extremely well right now... looking at Marquette last night, it is likely Michigan State beats Marquette and I guess we'll find out what will happen between Florida/Louisville.

flyboy
    Let's go racing!!
    flyboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

I like all the might, could, would, at the top posts.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

And guess what major conference has the best ATS record in the last six and one-half NCAA Tournaments (Since 2006 including this one)?

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6446

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    And guess what major conference has the best ATS record in the last six and one-half NCAA Tournaments (Since 2006 including this one)?

Covering the spread don't win championships.

Since 2000:

ACC 5
    Big East 3
    SEC 2
    Big 10 1
    Big 12 1

Nobody cares about second place.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by swordsandtequila View Post
    Covering the spread don't win championships.

Since 2000:

ACC 5
    Big East 3
    SEC 2
    Big 10 1
    Big 12 1

Nobody cares about second place.
    But it is the ONLY thing that matters when betting. In fact, the very reason that the SEC has done so well is that it is such common knowledge that the conference is NOT as good as the other majors (probably second worst ahead of only Pac-12) that SEC teams have been undervalued.

k13

Champions the last 20 years :

ACC 7
    SEC 5
    Big East 4
    Pac10 2
    Big12 1
    Big10 1

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6446

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Champions the last 20 years :

ACC 7
    SEC 5
    Big East 4
    Pac10 2
    Big12 1
    Big10 1

Why not go back 1 more year and make it ACC 8? Go back far enough and the Pac 8 (remember them? ) was the dominant conference (UCLA for the youngsters). Was trying to keep it relevant.