Thurgood
    Thurgood's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 274

NBA - Most Frustrating Sport to Cap?

Took a nice long break from wagering and came back the other day with a huge bet on the Heat vs Bulls before most books knew Rose was out. I think I was able to get Miami for +115 which was good because Miami went (-) soon as the news was confirmed. We all know how that game turned out... The Bulls bench played like it was the NBA Championship...

Last night I made my second wager since my break and was really only in a position to pick a late game because I had to take the walk of shame and reload my account. It was between the Memphis/Sac and Mil/Portland game. Very first instinct was to take the Bucks because they have been rollin' on offense but the +140 made me super nervous. Memphis seemed like a good pick because they are stacked compared to the Kings and they actually NEED these games. I also thought they had a pretty good D which was obviously left in Memphis for this road trip.

Cousins played like an All-Star and Memphis could not get any of their good players going. Is it just me or do NBA players seem lazy? Sometimes they care and sometimes they don't.

Oh well. 0-2 so far and very frustrated.

blanco
    blanco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1143

It's not you, NBA players have been quite lazy this season and take games off on the reg. Trick this year is to figure out who's ready for a night off

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Totals my friend, TOTALS

Here We Go!
    Here We Go!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

I agree with Sam Odom. Well said.

On the players behalf the shortened season and the travel, has to be grueling. I played college ball and i hated going away once a week. So, i couldnt imagine what it's like for them this season.

byronbb
    byronbb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2284

NBA is pure fury to bet. Millionaires missing lay-ups etc. This is why I like to bet hockey, pure effort the whole game.

Thurgood

The Heat losing to the Bulls bench was a complete joke. I was a pretty big Miami fan until that game. I was a Miami fan as a kid so not because of the Big 3 or whatever but James and Wade felt comfortable leaving the lead to 10 pts until the final 2-3 minutes where they finally got their 3 pt shooters out there and closed it up.

Seems like the Heat have a win some, lose some until the playoffs mentality and the Bulls are playing like they're on a mission.

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

Quote Originally Posted by Thurgood View Post
    The Heat losing to the Bulls bench was a complete joke. I was a pretty big Miami fan until that game. I was a Miami fan as a kid so not because of the Big 3 or whatever but James and Wade felt comfortable leaving the lead to 10 pts until the final 2-3 minutes where they finally got their 3 pt shooters out there and closed it up.

Seems like the Heat have a win some, lose some until the playoffs mentality and the Bulls are playing like they're on a mission.
    ya...always crazy

remember the heats, minus lebron and wade, beating the hawks in like 2 overtimes in atlanta....i think it was two overtimes....but it just seemed like a great spot for atlanta.....especially if you got it before wade and lebron were announced out

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

I'd like to see the percentages of the team with the star player out seems like always wins. I'm sure that percentage is above 50 percent. Seems like its almost automatic that team with there star player out wins or covers. But i agree NBA is very hard to cap least for me.

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

Quote Originally Posted by beerman2619 View Post
    I'd like to see the percentages of the team with the star player out seems like always wins. I'm sure that percentage is above 50 percent. Seems like its almost automatic that team with there star player out wins or covers. But i agree NBA is very hard to cap least for me.
    yep....sometimes even when you cap a game right you still get ******...i had a game with denver/philly early in the year....went big on the under....game was under by 12 points at the end of regulation.....lol....OT baby

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

Nba is unbettable... these niggas. Try like 20% of the time

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

It is called the Patrick Ewing theory you will get buried if you bet against teams when their star misses his first game(Rose), or on them in his first game back from being hurt(Randolph). I still took Heat though anyway

Illusivecone
    Illusivecone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

The NBA has been quite easy to cap this year, when you see a golden opportunity that looks too good to be true. Bet against it.

Oh and fade the team in the middle of a B2B2B

You guys talk about the Heat game, but the Magic game right after was even bigger BS. Chicago bench beat Magic ON THE ROAD by 30

PickWinnerAllDay
    I'd never gamble again for Taylor Swift
    PickWinnerAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

So do the Bulls try tonight against Toronto? They either give 110% b/c of no rose or lay over and let a god awful Portland team pound them at home.

Which one of them shows up tonight?

chargers4222
    chargers4222's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8926

who do you like tonight thurgood?

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Thurgood, dont cap NBA but even i know (this rule applies to team sports in general) if a star player is out u wait til the 2nd game they miss in a row before unloading....Teams can always lift in the short term but holding that streaky form presents a myriad of challenges...GL

Thurgood

Quote Originally Posted by chargers4222 View Post
    who do you like tonight thurgood?
    I don't know if I will bet this game but I like the points for Toronto if Rose plays. I learned my lesson last night with Memphis on how bringing back a key player fuukks with the overall team sync. That being said, I don't know how I feel about the Raptors coming home from a huge road trip.

chargers4222
    chargers4222's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8926

i think bulls are a lock dude how could you possibly bet the raptors theyre terrible...if you've been losing just fade yourself, go with bulls. also suns and mavs dude locks tonight dont you think

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Its all sports

Thurgood

Quote Originally Posted by chargers4222 View Post
    i think bulls are a lock dude how could you possibly bet the raptors theyre terrible...if you've been losing just fade yourself, go with bulls. also suns and mavs dude locks tonight dont you think
    Yeah man I just read some interesting stuff on some Raptor forum. Bayless, their upcoming star is being played low minutes to keep his value low for re-signing. Plus I think he got hurt (hip pointer) when they played the Knicks. There also seems to be a lack of will to win in Toronto and just try and get a better chance for a high draft pick.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

NFL is worse to cap

NBA easy unless wrong side of fix

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

you're just a degenerate compulsive gambler pal

Thurgood

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    you're just a degenerate compulsive gambler pal
    LOLz

This coming from the famous Brock Landers? Dude I don't even frequent this site very often and WE all know about you.

greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
    NFL is worse to cap

NBA easy unless wrong side of fix
    We need to get together, or at least let me get together with your avatar. I kill NFL and barely hold my head above water with the NBA

Illusivecone
    Illusivecone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

Quote Originally Posted by Thurgood View Post
    Yeah man I just read some interesting stuff on some Raptor forum. Bayless, their upcoming star is being played low minutes to keep his value low for re-signing. Plus I think he got hurt (hip pointer) when they played the Knicks. There also seems to be a lack of will to win in Toronto and just try and get a better chance for a high draft pick.
    Coming from a Raptor fan, Bayless isn't that good but

as99
    as99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2252

NBA is the easiest sport to cap. Try the NHL.

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

NFL is a lot easier, simply about matchups.

NBA is all about situational aspects

SteelRain
    SteelRain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6789

I'm staying away from the NBA, especially bets before tip off.

I'm sticking to NCAA, NFL , tennis and maybe NBA live bets. I think live bets and second half bets have the best win % for the NBA because you get to see who the **** showed up that night.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

I just pounded the raptors 7.5

baskets
    Poster of the Month Twice a Month
    baskets's Avatar Become A Pro!

mayan, how much sleep do you get on a daily basis.... given that you that you're pounding the weights

serious question

byronbb
    byronbb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2284

Yeah 2nd half has a lot of good spots.

eastern2
    eastern2's Avatar Become A Pro!

tail LTA...

PickWinnerAllDay

LOL... when was the last time an NBA team tried 3 consecutive games?

Bulls destroy a good team.
    Lose to a god awful one.
    Destroy a good team.
    Lose to a god awful one.

PR9
    PR9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 651

NBA is relatively easy

It's all about situational betting. Once you forget about the teams and names on the jerseys, and just concentrate on situational aspects, the NBA makes tons of sense.

If you just look at the teams like betting on the NFL, or another sport, then the NBA will never make any sense to you.

simple as that

It's all about situational betting. IE- Utah was in a great spot last night as OKC was going to high alt twice in a short period of time and already won the 1st time in DEN. Its very rare to win it twice in a week (in high altititude) with all the travel from home, etc

situational betting 101

PickWinnerAllDay

Bulls take the night off against the Blazers and now take the night off again against the Raptors.

How do NBA players sleep at night? 15 million to try around half of the time.

PickWinnerAllDay

The NBA may be a great sport to cap if you know when these guys will be lazy as fukk, but as an actual sport to watch, it is probably below the NHL now... it is horrendous and way below college basketball now.

12 Last