BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24854

Photo of me standing next my brother hunting last fall. This is when I was at my largest at 240. Currently at 220 and will do vid with scale this week. Goal at 205 to 200.
    Don't think I'll be able to get down to my brother's weight class... He's around 140, but a very decorated collegate wrestlers. I wouldn't even fuk with him.
    Attached Images  

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

btw, it's okay to look like a broke dikk fuk when hunting and drinkin in NoDak...

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

You can do it bigday!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BIGDAY

William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

BIGDAY......do you & your brother have the same mother & father? The size difference is quite significant. Must of been lots of one sided ass whooping's back in the day.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by William Walters View Post
    BIGDAY......do you & your brother have the same mother & father? The size difference is quite significant. Must of been lots of one sided ass whooping's back in the day.
    When my brother transfered schools in high school for wrestling, they asked him 'What the hell happened to you?"
    He was good enough to wrestle for Apple Valley.

He is basically a mini-me. He credits his good wrestling to me at least. Growing up, I would only have to put half the effort into wrestling him as he would have to put 150% into trying to take me down. Poor guy had a hernia in the 6th grade trying to beat me up. We still today wrestle and people don't know how we come out alive. He is the only one that I go "all out" against. Kid is tough as nails. Looking at him, you'd never know. That's why you can never fukk with small people at a bar or something, you never fukkin know if you're dealing with a collegate all american wrestler.

William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDAY View Post
    When my brother transfered schools in high school for wrestling, they asked him 'What the hell happened to you?"
    He was good enough to wrestle for Apple Valley.

He is basically a mini-me. He credits his good wrestling to me at least. Growing up, I would only have to put half the effort into wrestling him as he would have to put 150% into trying to take me down. Poor guy had a hernia in the 6th grade trying to beat me up. We still today wrestle and people don't know how we come out alive. He is the only one that I go "all out" against. Kid is tough as nails. Looking at him, you'd never know. That's why you can never fukk with small people at a bar or something, you never fukkin know if you're dealing with a collegate all american wrestler.
    That's good stuff BIGDAY! Love that you two still wrestle today.

True statement about not fukking around with guys that don't look tough.............just never know nowadays.

PickWinnerAllDay
    I'd never gamble again for Taylor Swift
    PickWinnerAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

I am pushing 190... would like go get back down around 175... probably will when my pool opens and I can start swimming again.

COYLO
    COYLO's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7296

i seriously need to do this havent weighed myself since xmas, im prob bigger than TT at this stage. my pop's was diagnosed with cancer last week so a serious lifestyle change is in order

COUNT ME IN!!!!

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

can't diet during march madness, too much drinking...

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    can't diet during march madness, too much drinking...
    This is a huge obsticle. April will probably be a good month for me to do a serious cut. Month of May is when my boat goes in the water and then I enjoy the summer brews.

RyanLeafOfBets
    Team Dexter
    RyanLeafOfBets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

I love all the attention this thread has received boys... it's good to want to be healthy, (or healthier).

Plus, who doesn't love competition?

I don't think i'll win, just because it'll be hard to drop 18-19 just to reach 10% weight loss, but I do think it'll be a lot of fun and should just be an overall positive experience.

I'm not sure if any mod would deem it appropriate to set up signups and hold the points, so if they don't, I will hold points for those interested.

I feel like 100 pts for 2 months is a good entry fee/length. What are your guys thoughts on this?

If we started April 1st, could end it on June 1st.

Participants interested must post a video on March 31st, and we'll base your starting weight off that.
    Please show a timestamp in video, such as the date on your cell phone or your cpu.

I understand there are ways to make yourself gain weight temporarily, and no way that can be monitored, so go for it if you want! I personally am going to probably drink heavily Friday, since it's the last time I will be drinking until this contest is over, other than when I go to Richmond late April, so that'll probably pad my starting weight.

Depending on how many register, we can decide if we want to pay multiple contestants.

Please post any suggestions you have here!
    Last edited by RyanLeafOfBets; 03-21-12 at 01:21 PM.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2260

come on SBR John give these guys a free play or flight reimbursement for this
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: RyanLeafOfBets

RyanLeafOfBets
    Team Dexter

Bumping this for visibility purposes... April 1st seems like a great date for this to start boys.

PickWinnerAllDay

I'll give ttwarrior $1,000 to get below 225 pounds.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by RyanLeafOfBets View Post
    Bumping this for visibility purposes... April 1st seems like a great date for this to start boys.
    April 1st should be a good start date.

wikkidinsane
    wikkidinsane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Im down with the challenge. I am now at 234 and about 5 months ago when i was playing soccer and working out once a week, I was at 215. My goal for the next 3 months or so (tarting April 1st) is to lose 20 lbs

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

I'm just going to be honest less the video. I started my bash diet a week ago at 221.5. Last night I was 220. By the Bash I WILL be 205 or a little better.

A couple of my tricks are not drinking 3 days a week, egg white sandwich from subway for breakfast and a baked chicken sandwich with marinara sauce for lunch, also from subway(both 6 inch). I have a regular family dinner with the family.

A killer for me is middle of the night snacking. I've informed the wife to not stock any high cal junk that I love. So far I've been going for the fruit and raisins and occasional nuts. So far this is the most frustrating area.

I'm passing on almost all fried food unless its the main dish of the family meal. No chips either.

We can will do this.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BIGDAY, and RyanLeafOfBets

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

My brain's not working properly so bear with me... If it's purely % of body weight, do you have more of an advantage the smaller you are or is it all the same? I'm thinking I could drop water weight rather quickly, no?

Edit: Stuff that for a joke. Just did a calculation and it's impossible for me to win unless no one here has any willpower.
    Last edited by shari91; 03-22-12 at 01:39 PM.

RyanLeafOfBets
    Team Dexter

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    My brain's not working properly so bear with me... If it's purely % of body weight, do you have more of an advantage the smaller you are or is it all the same? I'm thinking I could drop water weight rather quickly, no?
    Possibly... It depends on if you cheat and try to load up on water weight for the contest. I believe in the honor system, so I will not be loading up on water weight. However, since I won't be drinking for two months (with the exception of a Nascar race in April), I will be drinking heavily on the 30th and 31st (and that may skew my weight a little bit.)

Whoever wants to get on cam and show themselves weighing in will definitely be welcome to the contest. Shari, would you mind maybe starting a thread and being the points holder since we can trust you!?

Rules are pretty basic. Send a video of yourself weighing in on March 31st. Show some proof of timestamp (date of your cpu, proof of a recent SBR post, etc) and competition goes from April 1st to June 1st. 100 pt buy-in. On June 1st, make another video of yourself weighing in.

shari91

Possibly... It depends on if you cheat and try to load up on water weight for the contest. I believe in the honor system, so I will not be loading up on water weight. However, since I won't be drinking for two months (with the exception of a Nascar race in April), I will be drinking heavily on the 30th and 31st (and that may skew my weight a little bit.)

Whoever wants to get on cam and show themselves weighing in will definitely be welcome to the contest. Shari, would you mind maybe starting a thread and being the points holder since we can trust you!?

Rules are pretty basic. Send a video of yourself weighing in on March 31st. Show some proof of timestamp (date of your cpu, proof of a recent SBR post, etc) and competition goes from April 1st to June 1st. 100 pt buy-in. On June 1st, make another video of yourself weighing in.
    Yeah I have no problem holding everyone's points. I just played with some numbers and I'd have no hope at this. If I lost 10 pounds that's only around 8% of my body weight. I'd be sickly. Surely guys can lose more than 8% just from not drinking and eating crap. I'd have no shot at this I don't think, unless I posted pics of beer and fast food every day

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

Relativity the same as larger people will have more water to cut if that is how you'd want to do it. In wrestling we always called it "drifting". You can drift about 1% of water weight simply overnight. When your body stops sweatin, you shouldn't go more than 4 to 5 hours longer without water. Kidney's typically will get upset a bit.

You can stimulate your "drift" overnight with something that I did to cut the night before a weigh in. Most people like to sweat it out. I would open my windows to my room wide open, 10 degrees outside! Basically you would shiver and a lot of muscles would stay flexed through the night burning a ton of caleries. Crazy, but it worked. Got it up to drifting about 2-3% overnight.

PickWinnerAllDay

Yeah I have no problem holding everyone's points. I just played with some numbers and I'd have no hope at this. If I lost 10 pounds that's only around 8% of my body weight. I'd be sickly. Surely guys can lose more than 8% just from not drinking and eating crap. I'd have no shot at this I don't think, unless I posted pics of beer and fast food every day
    The only people who have a chance in this thing are the really fat people. For instance, I have maybe 15-20 pounds of fat on my body and if I train really hard, it'll turn to muscle and I won't lose much weight unless I starve myself.

Someone like ttwarrior has 200 pounds of fat on his body so he has a lot of ammo to work with.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Quote Originally Posted by PickWinnerAllDay View Post
    I'll give ttwarrior $1,000 to get below 225 pounds.
    I will match that amount. its a win win because tt will never lose weight

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

I've seen a photo of shari, she has ZERO weight to lose.

PickWinnerAllDay

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
    I will match that amount. its a win win because tt will never lose weight
    I'd feel good about myself knowing my $1,000 allowed a guy to live past 50. But agreed, it'll never happen.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: RyanLeafOfBets

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Only %2.9 of fat fukks trying to lose weight, last more than 4 days.

FACT.

PickWinnerAllDay

I love it when a 300 pounder comes into subway and orders a philly cheese steak foot long and then puts everything on it, gets chips, and a cookie, and a soda, and thinks they are being healthy.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

Mayan is right, TT might have a ton of room to work with, but the odds that he would stick to something for 2 months? Do you really think he will lose 40lbs to some of our 20? If so, then I will gladly fork over pts to him.

shari91

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDAY View Post
    I've seen a photo of shari, she has ZERO weight to lose.
    Yeah I really don't but if there were enough points involved, I could make myself lose 10 pounds, maybe 15 if I just didn't eat for 2 months. But that would be the max I think before my body went into starvation mode and started to hold onto the weight. I think Winner is right: The bigger people have an advantage as they can just keep losing whereas for others they can only go so far. Plus muscle weighs more than fat so wouldn't our muscle just be wasting away after awhile if we were starving ourselves?

RyanLeafOfBets
    Team Dexter

Honestly, I don't think I have a chance at winning this thing... but it'll be good motivation for me to cut weight, and also to build some sort of comradery through SBR posters.

Plus, who doesn't want to be healthier, even if temporarily!?

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

Correct, when cutting, it is very hard to increase muscle mass as your just not taking in enough food to grow your muscle base. Therefore, you do lose muscle in most all form in cutting. As you do higher intensive cardio your muscles would need a ton of calories to build on what was broke down in your work outs. In turn not helping the weight cut.

Maybe one month would be a better timeframe? This way people that could only lose 20lbs could do it in a month if they really put their mind to it. And people weighing 350+ would realy have to work just as hard. Just an idea.

shari91

Two months is an advantage for the smaller people I think...if you're already eating somewhat healthy and working out already, you might have a bit more discipline or are just used to that lifestyle, whereas if your diet is kind of off as it is and you don't exercise much, that's a lot of time to be tempted. Realistically I can't see anyone sticking to this for 2 months considering we don't see each other in person. Plus I've been doing exercises Mayan gave me for my arse so I don't want to lose all the muscle I've been working so hard to build up.

Maybe one month or 45 days even, Ryan?

RyanLeafOfBets
    Team Dexter

Two months is an advantage for the smaller people I think...if you're already eating somewhat healthy and working out already, you might have a bit more discipline or are just used to that lifestyle, whereas if your diet is kind of off as it is and you don't exercise much, that's a lot of time to be tempted. Realistically I can't see anyone sticking to this for 2 months considering we don't see each other in person. Plus I've been doing exercises Mayan gave me for my arse so I don't want to lose all the muscle I've been working so hard to build up.

Shari,

Can you sticky a post for this? And, whoever pays by March 31st, gets a vote for 30/45/60 days?

RyanLeafOfBets
    Team Dexter

Also, I heard winner gets a night w/ Shari at the SBR bash?

shari91

Shari,

Can you sticky a post for this? And, whoever pays by March 31st, gets a vote for 30/45/60 days?
    I don't sticky unless it's SBR policy stuff. Get John onboard and then you'll have a shot. Heard he has some pull around here

First 123 Last