Hankwins
    Hankwins's Avatar Become A Pro!

anyone use ETORO

i have never heard of this site

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Etoro is a financial trading company that allows users to make trades. They're even one of the SBR Pro program sponsors.

Hankwins

etoro

but it isn't trading stocks is it?

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Hankwins View Post
    but it isn't trading stocks is it?
    Here's a good overview:

eToro is a financial trading company based in Cyprus. It provides personal online financial services in forex, commodities and stock indices through its own electronic trading platform. eToro is primarily a platform and a software provider; it is not itself a financial broker. Rather, it connects its customers with third party brokerage services provided by various brokers.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

USA customers only currencies

NON USA customers CFD"S meaning stocks, indices, futures, currencies

Hankwins

thanks

jjgold for that information!

felizol
    felizol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

It seems that their site was hacked few days ago and is having some vulnerability database issues

http://thehackernews.com/2012/03/eto...base-dump.html

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

Anyone with experience at this place yet?

I just got an email offering $50 free with no deposit.

Worth looking at or is that way too little to bother with for this sort of stuff?

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15060

They had some really bad PR happen to them while back. Just make sure you do your due diligence.

What I do like about them is that they're not a dealing desk, and they have a neat little feature where you can just piggyback off of their top traders, if that's your thing.

I'm a very happy FXCM and Oanda customer. I'm in the US, so I can't use some of the other major guys.

felizol

If you guys are interested in forex copy trading you should aslo check up Zulutrade, they are regarded as leaders in this type of business. I like them more , their website has more features + its user friendly and preety transparent in the statistics of signal providers.

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry
    trytrytry's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 273425

Quote Originally Posted by felizol View Post
    If you guys are interested in forex copy trading you should aslo check up Zulutrade, they are regarded as leaders in this type of business. I like them more , their website has more features + its user friendly and preety transparent in the statistics of signal providers.
    tell us more how this works how to get involved and they types of risk reward u do there?

felizol

trytrytry , its simple really , you choose traders based on their performance and then all their trades (or a limited number of them , you can customize that) will get automatically copied in your account. So if they win money you win ,if they loose you loose. The most crucial factors in Zulutrade is obviously the traders that you choose and your risk managment (try not to overleverage your account too much). To fully understand all these concepts you should open a demo account (with virtual money ) and experiment yourself with zulutrade platform. I started with demo at first prior on opening live account. If you have any more questions just ask.

fxfollower
    fxfollower's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

hello forum traders,

thumbs up for zulutrade, i have made some really sweet returns from followers. tried etoro - all they managed to do is margin-called me within 3 days.....and with the same volume and trading i've cummulatively gained.

felizol

fxfollower , i'm assuming you are not a newcomer at zulutrade and have used it for some time. Which traders are you copying at the momment?

fxfollower

Quote Originally Posted by felizol View Post
    fxfollower , i'm assuming you are not a newcomer at zulutrade and have used it for some time. Which traders are you copying at the momment?

well, I have done my fair share of collecting profits from my zulutrade account ! lol 15 months and continuing ...it wasn't aways easy, there are a lot of losses as well, but, i am overall winning. It takes a good and risk averse account management.

At the moment i am waiting for the markets to stabilize themselves - thus the traders.
    So, I am not following anybody at the moment.....next week will have a strong come back

jayc88
    Update your status
    jayc88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1151

forex is similiar to sportsbetting, 99 % of all traders are loosing longterm,
    It takes years of dedication to suceed in this business.
    You wonder why there is leverage of up to 1:10000 ?
    It takes one bad trade to wipe out your entire account.
    Therefore you will not find any good traders on plattforms like zulutrade or etoro.

If you want to make a few pips today watch the nfp release at 08:30 et today,
    If the euro breaks below 1.30000 it will go down a lot further .

felizol

fxfollower smart move to wait for market to stabilize. When you are ready share you zulu providers (if its not a secret of course) , when i meet zulutraders i am allways curious to see who are they copying.

fxfollower

Quote Originally Posted by jayc88 View Post
    forex is similiar to sportsbetting, 99 % of all traders are loosing longterm,
    It takes years of dedication to suceed in this business.
    You wonder why there is leverage of up to 1:10000 ?
    It takes one bad trade to wipe out your entire account.
    Therefore you will not find any good traders on plattforms like zulutrade or etoro.

If you want to make a few pips today watch the nfp release at 08:30 et today,
    If the euro breaks below 1.30000 it will go down a lot further .
    We all know that that type of leverage is not regulated and there is a reason why this is .....and is called offshored brokers.
    and we all know. coming up from simple mathematics, that you cant make a million bucks out of 1K account, even with that type of leverage, because when things go bad, and it usually does happen, you will not gonna be able to cover your positions.
    i am sorry, but i have not seen THAAAAAAT type of traders with zulutrade , yet! true variety is huge, and not all of them trade welll, but there are some really good traders among them - one you can follow and make decent money out of them.