seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Manning will be a disaster with the broncos

I see a willie mays in the outfield looking for the ball and falling type scenario. Or pat summit, not know what day it is scenario. michael jordan coming back as a wizard bad. Basically all bad and no good can come from this. But I could be wrong.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Reads like one of those threads that will be bumped next February. Or, if you're right, sometime in Jan
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: POOLSIDE

SEAHAWKHARRY
    Northern Lights
    SEAHAWKHARRY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2385

Hat about Joe Montana he took chiefs to afc title game twice

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Michael Jordan was great with the Wizards, the best 40 year old player by a mile, and still an all star

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

peyton did everything right...took the right time off and has had the rehab needed to come back without missing a beat...lot more time for rehab/practice before too...hard to imagine his body will like the denver cold though

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    Michael Jordan was great with the Wizards, the best 40 year old player by a mile, and still an all star
    I wouldn't say GREAT.... but a lot closer to great than the BAD that Seaborne described.

guy averaged 22 points a game.

Peyton manning-Willie Mays-Pat Summitt-Michael Jordan???

weirds

Seaborne, you can come up with some more appropriate comparisons here.

those seem to be comparing apples, to oranges, to strawberries, to grapes

c'mon

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Brett Farve's second year with Vikes would be a more appropriate comparison. That was a disaster.

Although I doubt Broncs take such a risk if they do not truly believe his is a viable QB.

msu5611
    msu5611's Avatar Become A Pro!

He definitely could have picked a team with better weapons, but the control he will have of the offense is what appealed to him most. No way would he have the same scenario in SanFran, Jimmy H. has too big of an ego to take a back seat to the hall-o-famer.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Quote Originally Posted by msu5611 View Post
    He definitely could have picked a team with better weapons, but the control he will have of the offense is what appealed to him most. No way would he have the same scenario in SanFran, Jimmy H. has too big of an ego to take a back seat to the hall-o-famer.
    Which hall of famer? Elway? Harbough?

INVEGA MAN
    INVEGA MAN's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11782

Denver will be playing next february

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    Which hall of famer? Elway? Harbough?
    I think he is saying Harbaugh would not take a back seat to the Hall of Famer (Peyton) in SF... thus Peyton wouldn't get the control of the offense he wanted in SF despite them having more "weapons" to start with....

gotta like Denver's Defense at least

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7684

Quote Originally Posted by INVEGA MAN View Post
    Denver will be playing next february

pro bowl is in january

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

The funniest part is that people think manning will be relevant. He had his chance to create a legendary legacy but he could never get it done in the big ones. Now it's too late.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    The funniest part is that people think manning will be relevant. He had his chance to create a legendary legacy but he could never get it done in the big ones. Now it's too late.

wasn't too late in Denver for Elway, when he was older than Peyton is now.....

ya never know

unusialsusp5
    unusialsusp5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3601

with 95 million being direct deposited into his bank account over the next 5 years how he performs or holds up is secondary. winning isn't everything but the moolah is what counts.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Quote Originally Posted by unusialsusp5 View Post
    with 95 million being direct deposited into his bank account over the next 5 years how he performs or holds up is secondary. winning isn't everything but the moolah is what counts.
    you only count the guaranteed moolah, not the headline moolah.

seriously, NFL contracts are structured with all sorts of bonuses, escalators, ect. I don't think Manning will be playing in 2017 and I doubt much of the contract guarantees $ in the end of his contract.

Guinser
    Guinser's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

completely ridiculous taking a shot at pat summitt in with those other two

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5350

Allstar because of his name. Fan Voting.

icancount2one
    Let's go NickFolian Dynamite!
    icancount2one's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 571

This doesn't fit any of your analogies... this is taking a playoff team, and replacing a garbage QB with a fukking legend. IF Peyton plays 16 games, Denver is the favorite in the AFC.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Chargers are licking their chops. They have Peyton's number, and a very high success rate at sacking him.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Mac4Lyfe

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

36 years old,4 neck surgeries, nerve/arm issues.......We have no idea what will happen when he starts getting hit in the pocket week after week

Yes he is a great QB and things look OK now, but it is not all black and white......He is questionable at best health wise for the future

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Manning's stats are on the steady decline

This could ruin Elway

The Inevitable
    The Inevitable's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3256

I tell ya one thing, he's better than that Tebow fella.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I think the injury factor is the main thing and arm strength although no way he is given all that money if his arm is not excellent

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 384

I see this as a "control thing" more than anything else. I don't expect to see a lot the first year because of the lack of weapons he has (Though I might pick up Eric Decker or Demaryius Thomas on my fantasy teams next year). The second year is what I'm looking at when they've had more time to give Peyton the weapons that he might want.

Sportsbetting123
    Sportsbetting123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

I will be interested to see if he can even stay healthy given the seriousness of his neck issues.

mw00
    mw00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1724

everyone pretty much gave up on breese...ask the dolphins and chargers how they feel now. funny how so many people on these forums can speculate on an injury..i'm sure these teams that were begging him to join didnt think of all this but yet some of you guys can. you're talking about people that are around football 24/7..you dont think they looked at all angles before offering him the job? of course you can get injured ironing your shirt so i'm sure if he does, there will be the "i told you so" bumps..

blackbeSSt
    blackbeSSt's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by The Inevitable View Post
    I tell ya one thing, he's better than that Tebow fella.
    qftmft

jstblaze
    jstblaze's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Peyton will return at the same level when he left. Just hungrier and more rested.

Playing on a strong and hungry defensive team that has playoffs still on their mind.

I dont understand why you all think he isnt going to be just as good as always.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1824

41% is great? Any scrub in the NBA can do that.
    19% from the 3pt line........

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Barry bonds is the only player I know who was better at 35 than he was at 25. We see how that turned out. He is trying to stay out of jail.

k13

All you guys so confident in Manning how about an O/U on total wins for Denver?

12.5, 13.5 ???

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    All you guys so confident in Manning how about an O/U on total wins for Denver?

12.5, 13.5 ???
    10.5, no more than that. Broncs play AFC North, and AFC East this year. Ravens, Bengals, Steelers, Patriots, etc...

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

Quote Originally Posted by jstblaze View Post
    Peyton will return at the same level when he left. Just hungrier and more rested.

Playing on a strong and hungry defensive team that has playoffs still on their mind.

I dont understand why you all think he isnt going to be just as good as always.
    Denver's defense is one of the worst in the league. They benefited last year by playing some awful, AWFUL teams. Teams that either lost their starting QB or had rookies.

Anytime they played a team with a pulse, the defense got ran off the field. GB, Detroit, Minny, NE x 2, Buffalo all housed that defense. The year before they were one of the worst. This year their shit smell was covered up by bad teams.

k13

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    10.5, no more than that. Broncs play AFC North, and AFC East this year. Ravens, Bengals, Steelers, Patriots, etc...
    I knew these cowards would show up with 10.5

Then who cares about Manning. He might win the crappy division, one playoff game if he's lucky then lose the next.

No better than Tebow and way less exciting.

123 Last