SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Known SBRcontests issue with Firefox v11.0

Users have reported being unable to make their contest picks using the latest Firefox v11.0 browser. The problem is being worked on. Users should use Google Chrome or IE until we kill the bug.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

yeah, I've had this for the last few months.

Makes it very hard to do my contest picks.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Firefox keeps upgrading all the time and makes some parts of websites not work right

Biggest problem of the browser

70kgman
    70kgman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1895

The "add to cart" button in the store also does not work with Firefox 11.0.

ivanator
    Ya
    ivanator's Avatar Become A Pro!

I've identified the compatibility issue, and we're working on fixing it ASAP.

For those interested in the problem read on ...

Firefox 11 added support to an HTML5 property for elements called "outerHTML". This handy little property, returns the innerHTML object wrapped with its immediate parent. Pre Firefox11, it was never there, but we needed it pre-firefox11 so we extended the Object element to include it.

We implemented it by declaring a prototype function of the Element Object in the global scope which defined an outerHTML method that returned what we wanted. With Firefox's update its no longer a method, but a property; the difference of "this.outerHTML()" and "this.outerHTML". That and the way we're using it with our javascript library are whats causing this issue.

Now I just have to go find everywhere we used it ...

EDIT:
    ... guess it wasn't that many; should be fixed now. If you encounter any more problems with this, PM me or a moderator and we'll get you straightened out.
    Last edited by ivanator; 03-18-12 at 01:57 PM. Reason: Updated Status