Reload
    Winning Aint Easy
    Reload's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14730

Anyone tuning in for the HBO boxing tonight?

Hope at least one of these fights is decent tonight

HBO - MADISON SQUARE GARDEN - NEW YORK, NY SPR MIDDLEWEIGHT
    Time
    # Teams Spread Total Odds
    7:00 PM
    24797 DON GEORGE +215
    24798 EDWIN RODRIGUEZ -265
    7:00 PM
    24799 DON GEORGE o9½-120
    24800 EDWIN RODRIGUEZ u9½-110

HBO - MADISON SQUARE GARDEN - NEW YORK, NY MIDDLEWEIGHT
    Time
    # Teams Spread Total Odds
    7:45 PM
    24801 MATTHEW MACKLIN +650
    24802 SERGIO GABRIEL MARTINEZ -1000
    7:45 PM
    24803 MATTHEW MACKLIN o9½-155
    24804 SERGIO GABRIEL MARTINEZ u9½+125

Ian
    Tank Man Lives
    Ian's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 33516

Didn't watch but not a bad card given how shamelessly Top Rank and GBP fighters duck Martinez. Lines were bouncing all over the place... surprised no lines on the Abdusalamov fight. His left hand is brutal. I don't know how good he'll end up being, but he's definitely a fun heavyweight to watch.

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5218

anyone get a part of Kerry Hope at +1300 over Grzegorz Proksa

SharpBoxing
    SharpBoxing's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5521

Quote Originally Posted by THE_LOCKSMITH View Post
    anyone get a part of Kerry Hope at +1300 over Grzegorz Proksa
    I doubt anyone could have predicted that upset

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

i had 1 unit on martinez to win by decision at +175....so heated....macklin couldnt hang in there for a 3 more minutes....and of course buddy mcgirt always like to stop fights when his fighters are getting knocked around

Dank_Fire
    Dank_Fire's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5453

Cant wait to see a potential Sergio Martinez V Floyd Mayweather, hope for that or a fight against Canelo Alvarez before Manny

bobby heenan
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Dank_Fire View Post
    Cant wait to see a potential Sergio Martinez V Floyd Mayweather, hope for that or a fight against Canelo Alvarez before Manny
    ya id love to see it....the more i watch sergio though...the more im convinced floyd would eat him up.....i dont ever doubt floyds confidence....hed love to eat pac up right now....just dont know if hed be down to risk it against a guy who has campaigned at 160...although i think victor ortiz is comparible in size to sergio...sergio is a little more fluid and athletic

arum doesnt want pac near floyd.....so logically i think canelo or sergio are floyds next options....unless something wild happens and someone else emerges

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Martinez was unimpressive. Don't think it would be smart for him to try and drop back down to 154 to get a fight with Floyd. His body is too big for that weight now. Also don't think Floyd wants anything to do with a much bigger guy.

bobby heenan
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    Martinez was unimpressive. Don't think it would be smart for him to try and drop back down to 154 to get a fight with Floyd. His body is too big for that weight now. Also don't think Floyd wants anything to do with a much bigger guy.
    id agree...i mean sergio has campaigned at 160...but if you remember...vic ortiz was 164 on fightnight with floyd....thats pretty big...he might be an inch or a half inch shorter than sergio....so they are pretty simlar if you ask me...as far as size anyway...obviously sergio is more athletic

it doesnt really matter if its a smart move or not for sergio to drop to 154.....there isnt a name fighter that is going to do anything for sergio at 154-160....his only hope is he can land pac or floyd at 154.....he wants a money/legacy fight...a fight that is relevant....sergio is a good fighter....probably not great...but hes good...and hes a victim of his divisions having little in the way of relevant fights

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids

Factor in Martinez doesn't sell tickets as another reason he doesn't get the Floyd or Manny fight. He could move up and challenge Ward.

bobby heenan
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    Factor in Martinez doesn't sell tickets as another reason he doesn't get the Floyd or Manny fight. He could move up and challenge Ward.
    ward would dominate him....too big of a move up for sergio

sergio isnt a big ticket seller...he does well in those theatre venues like the garden theatre and mgm at foxwoods......but i think that its irrelevant when it comes to a floyd or a pac fight....tim bradley is far from a ticket seller either....people would watch him fight either floyd or pac....neither fights ability to sell would be greatly affected by sergios lack of major appeal

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids

Regardless. He never gets a sniff at either of them. Bradley signed with top rank. Thus he gets Manny. Until Sergio gets with a big promoter he will fight the same caliber fighters.