milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

welcome to MILWAUKEE monta ellis

you'll like it here

trade one #1 overall pick that is always hurt (bogut) for another one (kwame brown)

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I like the move

Jennings needs help

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

I really don't understand the trade? But... that's business in the NBA.

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10288

How exciting.

Milwaukee won four of its last five games (5-0 vs spread).
    Last edited by 19th Hole; 03-14-12 at 08:13 AM.

cankid
    cankid's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10352

quite the trade, Ellis sick when he s on

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia
    MagicDiceFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!

What a knucklehead dumb ass trade for Golden State.....why would you trade your best player with the potential of lighting it up for 40 points on any given night for a mediocre player in Bogut with a broken ankle?????? Has to be one of the worst trades in recent years.

PS3
    Keyser Soze
    PS3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2795

When is he going to play tho?

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

highway robbery by milwaukee

sportsfanatic
    Update your status
    sportsfanatic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3908

milwaukee got a whole lot better, i like their chances of making the post season

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

this could go down as one of the most braindead traades by GSW.

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

golden state is trying to move away from nelly ball....mark jackson and golden state have been coveting a skilled big man....they want to play a different game than the one their roster was built for i think

ellis is a talent though....i remember there were alot of rumors about him and boston...and id always think how much fun itd be to watch him and rondo running around together causing all kinds of hell

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

i agree with the popular opinion here that this trade was dumb for golden st

i would be surprised if bogut plays another 100 games in his career. he has constant migraines and back pain, even when the rest of his body is ok which isn't very often

bobby heenan
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    i agree with the popular opinion here that this trade was dumb for golden st

i would be surprised if bogut plays another 100 games in his career. he has constant migraines and back pain, even when the rest of his body is ok which isn't very often
    probably right about bogut.....
    t
    but like i said...id heard alot about how golden state really wanted a good/skilled big man...so they are rolling the dice i think....even if bogut doesnt pan out theyve moved ellis....ellis such a talent...but his style that he excels in isnt the kind that mark jackson wants to play i dont think....they roll with curry and klay thompson now

thejrichshow85
    ban
    thejrichshow85's Avatar Become A Pro!

Unreal.

migz
    migz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 856

Andrew Bogut + Stephen Curry = What a nice combo for IL )

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

Jennings is reportedly already packing his belongings

thejrichshow85
    ban
    thejrichshow85's Avatar Become A Pro!

atleast monta might get to see the playoffs in the weak bottom half of the east.

Frisco
    Frisco's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by MagicDiceFlow View Post
    What a knucklehead dumb ass trade for Golden State.....why would you trade your best player with the potential of lighting it up for 40 points on any given night for a mediocre player in Bogut with a broken ankle?????? Has to be one of the worst trades in recent years.
    If Ellis was a free agent after this year that would certainly explain things. They obviously would have known he wouldn't resign but if he wasn't then i completely agree w/ you.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

weird trade, makes no sense at all. good for bucks though

YouHave2outs
    YouHave2outs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

Quote Originally Posted by MagicDiceFlow View Post
    ellis is overrated. lots of fun to watch in the oracle over the years, but we haven't won anything and weren't going to. if we don't tank to get into the bottom 6 records in the league we would likely have to give our draft pick to the Jazz. we're protected up to 7. that might weigh heavily into the thought process of the deal. as well as that, like others said, the warriors are trying to move into a half court system as well as have been trying to get a true defensive center with some low post ability for years. currry/bogut, if both get healthy, will be a good combo. klay has been playing pretty solid lately as well, and we do have a couple other pieces, main one being Lee. But Dorrell Wright and Brandon Rush can both shoot the lights out at times also. He will definitely play better alongside a true center. If bogut can stay healthy and the warriors can tank hard, I believe this will work out for them positively. those are two big ifs though. it also helps that although we took stephen jackson's joke of a contract, that we gave him, his contract as well as Biedrins joke contract will come off the books season after this one. that will be a lot of cap room. as a warriors season ticket holder, i don't mind AT ALL the trade we just made aside from that we had to give up udoh. you will likely enjoy him more than ellis mike.
    Last edited by YouHave2outs; 03-14-12 at 01:17 PM.

bobby heenan
    Update your status

if golden states draft pick is a top 7 pick they keep it...otherwise it goes to utah

this roster, for the most part, was built for nellyball...the helter skelter style ellis plays is nellyball....mark jackson plays a completely different style....they wanted a skilled big man who can play defense....and thats what bogut is...boguts health is a big question mark of course....but it makes some sense for the warriors.....even though they obviously gave up a productive player

PickWinnerAllDay
    I'd never gamble again for Taylor Swift
    PickWinnerAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Monta Ellis is mentally challenged and I'm guessing Mark Jackson was tired of him. Hell, Nate Robertson was playing minutes in the 4th quarter some games in his place, that is pretty sad.

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

love this deal, hopefully ellis and jennings work. they are similar players but i am sure there will be some growing pains. I think this may be a move so we can eventually trade jennings in the future, since he has stated he wants to go to a bigger market.
    bucks had a trade worked out for jennings but things got rejected at the last moment.

i am really excited about udoh, he has been playing well in g.s the last couple weeks. Giving some playing time, and experience i think he could be a really nice player.

bobby heenan
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by PickWinnerAllDay View Post
    Monta Ellis is mentally challenged and I'm guessing Mark Jackson was tired of him. Hell, Nate Robertson was playing minutes in the 4th quarter some games in his place, that is pretty sad.
    stephen jackson is pretty mentally challenged himself

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

I wouldn't call Bogut 'average'. If you look at all the centers in the league, he is one of the best. Is a great defender, you can't really look at his stats from last year because he was playing with one arm, because his elbow wasn't fully healed. If he can get back to his days 2-3 years ago, then this deal won't be so one-sided.

doylfish
    doylfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9805

^^
    agreed, that's a big IF though, time will tell, GSW taking more of the risk too (and the $$$)

the_situation
    the_situation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6309

Milwaukee won the deal, but Monta is overrated and selfish and not nearly as good as all the squares think he is..Klay Thompson will replace him in GS(no downgrade) and they will be fine without him

the_situation
    the_situation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6309

Quote Originally Posted by YouHave2outs View Post
    ellis is overrated. lots of fun to watch in the oracle over the years, but we haven't won anything and weren't going to. if we don't tank to get into the bottom 6 records in the league we would likely have to give our draft pick to the Jazz. we're protected up to 7. that might weigh heavily into the thought process of the deal. as well as that, like others said, the warriors are trying to move into a half court system as well as have been trying to get a true defensive center with some low post ability for years. currry/bogut, if both get healthy, will be a good combo. klay has been playing pretty solid lately as well, and we do have a couple other pieces, main one being Lee. But Dorrell Wright and Brandon Rush can both shoot the lights out at times also. He will definitely play better alongside a true center. If bogut can stay healthy and the warriors can tank hard, I believe this will work out for them positively. those are two big ifs though. it also helps that although we took stephen jackson's joke of a contract, that we gave him, his contract as well as Biedrins joke contract will come off the books season after this one. that will be a lot of cap room. as a warriors season ticket holder, i don't mind AT ALL the trade we just made aside from that we had to give up udoh. you will likely enjoy him more than ellis mike.
    agreed...Udoh could be the real loss here

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Love the trade for golden state if they lose enough to keep the top 7 pick.

Curry+Bogut+lee+ a top 7 pick in this years class is playoff is probably top 4 in the west.

Milwaukee just trying to grab the 8 seed.

YouHave2outs
    YouHave2outs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

Quote Originally Posted by zsr View Post

Curry+Bogut+lee+ a top 7 pick in this years class is playoff is probably top 4 in the west.
    + klay + dorrell + nate + rush. not stars by any means, but they all contribute. once biedrins and jack come off the books after next season, if our core is healthy things could get weird. golden state is never supposed to be good though, so we'll see