baskets
    Poster of the Month Twice a Month
    baskets's Avatar Become A Pro!

The IONA's coach idea to walk the ball up in the 2nd half was brilliant....

Let me know if I missed something here.

Stanford is trailing and needs to score. They have Luck at QB. What do they do on the last drive of the game? The run it up the gut twice for ZERO yards and then have Luck throw it on 3rd and long. Brilliant!!

Iona's game is running and gunning, capitalizing on their speed, their great point guard and their ability to nail open 3's generated by their quick game. They are at a physical disadvantage if they walk it up and go chest to chest to with BYU in the half-court.

They score 55 in the first half and what's working is working. What do they do in the 2nd half? They literally walk it up, do not attempt to run and generate opportunities for themselves... and they score just 17 pts in the 2nd half!

I mean, 10 minutes into the 2nd half you have to realize, "Hey, we've got 7 total pts and BYU is walking it up and capitalizing on the inside and tearing us up in the slow half-court." .. Yet the coach just watches as the lead slowly (and the lead disintegration happened slowly).... and I mean the coach just literally watched the lead dip down and down and down until it was a bucket. He did absolutely nothing.

What are these coaches thinking? Simply amazing.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

agree, this guy has to be the biggest bonehead i ever saw. whined that his team was better then the 8th n 9th big east teams and they cant even hold a 25 point lead. he should go back to cw post or high school.