PorkChop
    PorkChop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

Vanderbilt over Syracuse in the Regionals..

Not many people are talking Vanderbilt, who just beat Kentucky and played them twice to the wire during the regular season. They have 4 seniors, a lockdown defender and a lights out 3 point shooter and are arguably the hottest team coming into the tournament.

Are we overlooking them? This is a possible final four team.

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13581

Been all over them for a month. When Jenkins started heating up I took note. had a great last week with them playing a large part. Only stumble was Tenn which I underestimated the motivation in that game. So yeah I'm with ya.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't know what you're watching, but almost everyone is riding Vandy's jock and I've seen plenty picking them over Syracuse. Problem for me, I think Harvard can and just might take them out in round one. They have the kind of team to give Vandy trouble, tough half court defensive club.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

agree with eagles people are all over vandys jock left n right.

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

I do believe if Vandy can get to Syracuse that they have a great shot at beating them. Really wish they would not have beaten Kentucky to get more value with them. They have what it takes to beat the Cuse zone. Personally I would put Taylor at the free throw line and run the offense through him every single time down the court. Taylor is going to end up with open 15 footers and if the defense sucks in at all, it's Jenkins bringing rain.

isotopes
    isotopes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

Yeah seriously everyone is talking about Vandy, I don't even know how a thread like this could possibly be written unless you just filled out your bracket and didn't read anyone elses picks. Personally, I think Vandy is a good team and they match up well against Syracuse. I still think Cuse is the much better team and could easily beat them, but I'm a big believer in momentum and Vandy has it right now. I don't really want to play Vandy, but honestly its tourney time and if you want your team to be the best they have to beat the best so as a Cuse fan bring on K-State, Vandy, Ohio State, UNC, Kentucky or whoever else gets there. If we lose so be it than we aren't the best.

One thing is for sure though, Vandy is on everyone's radar in the east if they KNOW anything about bball. Also FSU has no shot of coming out of the East.

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13581

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    I don't know what you're watching, but almost everyone is riding Vandy's jock and I've seen plenty picking them over Syracuse. Problem for me, I think Harvard can and just might take them out in round one. They have the kind of team to give Vandy trouble, tough half court defensive club.
    Feel complete opposite. Terrible matchup for Harvard. This plays right into Vandy IMHO. BOL. Don't get me wrong love the program but they meet there maker here.

ehp6737
    ehp6737's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 32

K State beat Syracuse so none of this really matters.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9788

i took vandy to win it all in one of my 6 brackets. Can't win a bracket challenge taking all the top teams

HR Paperstacks
    HR Paperstacks's Avatar Become A Pro!

Vandy is tough and starting to play well at the right time. They are playing pretty solid defensive and have a lot of scoring ability. John Jenkins is a dead eye shooter, Jeff Taylor is a mismatch for a lot of people, and Festus Ezeli is one of the best big men in the country that doesnt get much pub.

Only thing that scares me bout Vandy is their past NCAA results, hard to be confident in picking them to do any damage in the tourney.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1830

KSU is better anyway. Vandy might not make it that far.

doylfish
    doylfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9805

Quote Originally Posted by meader99 View Post
    I do believe if Vandy can get to Syracuse that they have a great shot at beating them. Really wish they would not have beaten Kentucky to get more value with them. They have what it takes to beat the Cuse zone. Personally I would put Taylor at the free throw line and run the offense through him every single time down the court. Taylor is going to end up with open 15 footers and if the defense sucks in at all, it's Jenkins bringing rain.
    1. With melo out, cuse will not be playing much 2-3 zone, who's going replace melo? Christmas? Its gonna be a joke..they will go smaller and play a ton of press, at least if they want to win they will.
    2. Cuse/Vandy will not even be a matchup anymore, 1 of them definitely won't make it there and my money is on cuse to get knocked first now, talk about having no momentum on your side whatsoever now.

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

Quote Originally Posted by ehp6737 View Post
    K State beat Syracuse so none of this really matters.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by doylfish View Post
    1. With melo out, cuse will not be playing much 2-3 zone, who's going replace melo? Christmas? Its gonna be a joke..they will go smaller and play a ton of press, at least if they want to win they will.
    2. Cuse/Vandy will not even be a matchup anymore, 1 of them definitely won't make it there and my money is on cuse to get knocked first now, talk about having no momentum on your side whatsoever now.
    I promise you, Cuse will still only play 2-3. They will press at times, but you won't see any man to man. Syracuse will be fine, Christmas was the number 2 ranked center in his class. He hasn't got many minutes but is more than capable. I hope everyone keeps picking against Syracuse because they're still going to the Elite 8 and it'll be tough from there. A team that lost 2 games all year and loses one player doesn't suddenly become 12 seed quality. And KState will be lucky to beat SoMiss let alone the Cuse.

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

Quote Originally Posted by Madison View Post
    Feel complete opposite. Terrible matchup for Harvard. This plays right into Vandy IMHO. BOL. Don't get me wrong love the program but they meet there maker here.
    bingo