wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

Seedings wrong as usual

There are more than the usual bad numbers given out this year, but the most obvious ones are Wisconsin at a 4 and vanderbilt at 5. Its like they throw these teams in there with no regard for anything. Vandy was a top 10 team early on, had some issues and lost a few games, then they got shit straightened out and just walked right through the SEC tournament and beat the number one overall seed in the tournament. 5 seed for them is a joke, at worst they should have switched places with Wisconsin. But in reality should have been a 3 seed. But maybe they take their easy bracket and the 5 and figure its a free trip to the elite 8 regardless. Only real negative is theyre playing all the way out in rat land with the witness protection patrol. if they had been a 3 seed in that bracket they would have basically been playing at home.

Wisconsin got destroyed by Mich St which eventually won the Big 10 but theyre not world beater, and probably the weakest number 1 seed I can remember in recent years. But how can Wisconsin be a 4 seed?

Murry St got a raw deal too. Sure theyre a 'mid major' but they should have gone undefeated this year that loss looks like a thrown game to me the way the last 40 seconds played out.

A few more but the obvious two are Vandy and Wis for sure. Others you could debate a little bit maybe.

MC PICKS
    Update your status
    MC PICKS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 265

Maybe one of these years they'll get people who actually know the game of basketball instead of two old white prikks who probably werent athletic enough to fill the water jugs, let alone play.

PickWinnerAllDay
    I'd never gamble again for Taylor Swift
    PickWinnerAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by ** PICKS View Post
    Maybe one of these years they'll get people who actually know the game of basketball instead of two old white prikks who probably werent athletic enough to fill the water jugs, let alone play.
    lol why bring race into this?

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

said the same thing piss poor seeding job, think they got the field pretty much right tho, at least the teams left out have no real gripe IMO.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1830

Murray State was always a #6 seed. No surprise there.

Maybe if they went undefeated they could got a #4 at best.

floridagolfer
    floridagolfer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12339

Wasn't Murray State No. 11 in last week's national rankings? They deserved better than a 6.

sportsguy04
    [Too Long]
    sportsguy04's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2431

Quote Originally Posted by floridagolfer View Post
    Wasn't Murray State No. 11 in last week's national rankings? They deserved better than a 6.
    Why? They haven't played anyone and play in the ovc.

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 513

Murray St is in no way, shape or form in the top 25 teams in the country this year. They beat junk teams all year.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

LOL

Its impossible to get it right

It usually turns out well doesnt it??????????????????

Winner rarely comes out of nowhere

Most teams have ZERO SHOT anway

BuckeyeT
    BuckeyeT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 85

Who cares what the seeding are, thats out of our control.

Just put the lines up and let us degens bet away.

Megatron81lions
    Megatron81lions's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 118

explain how mich st is a weak no 1? toughest conference , toughest schedule beat mich once ohiost twice. loss total is decieving. oneofthe most dangerous teams

Sportsbetting123
    Sportsbetting123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

Just like the college football rankings..they are never right

dartmouthemcee
    dartmouthemcee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2712

michstate has the unfortuante opportunity to play memphis in their second game.

i like msu still in that one but its too bad those 2 teams have to take on eachother so early

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

wisconsin had a better record in a better conference

vandy wasn't even ranked last week, you're putting way too much emphasis on a conference tournament

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

thought this thread would die but someone bumped it after 3 hours

Memphis got robbed in seeding

k13

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    thought this thread would die but someone bumped it after 3 hours

Memphis got robbed in seeding
    Why? They beat no one good and lost to every decent team.

They'll probably lose to St Louis anyway...

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Seeding means nothing in college hoops..most teams basically the same

The only sport where seeding could be a factor is Tennis

yisman

nah they'll beat St. Louis. They dominated conference USA.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21665

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    wisconsin had a better record in a better conference

vandy wasn't even ranked last week, you're putting way too much emphasis on a conference tournament
    I'm thinking Marquette in Final Four. Whatcha think?

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 513

Why are there 2 play-ins in the Midwest and none in the East ??????

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Lbsu is underseeded and nmu too. Vandy has choked away so many first round games it doesn't matter where they are seeded.

wantitall4moi

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    Lbsu is underseeded and nmu too. Vandy has choked away so many first round games it doesn't matter where they are seeded.
    yeah I am sure Harvard will be everyone 12 winner over a 5 everyone loves so much. I am sure ESPN will run that graphic no less than a thousand times this week. As I am sure they will make sure to show how Vandy has choked themselves out the first round their past 4 or 5 trips to the tourny. Big difference this year is they just showed some major balls and got some big momentum going into the tournament.

Big 10 is always over rated. Pac 12 was a luaghing stock but they had the same types of records aginst each other the big 10 had. Comparing big 10 out of conference you saw he same thing Pac 12 had, a bunch of losses. MSU lost both games they played against ACC schools. Ohio St blew out Duke but got beat by Kansas, Wisconsin lost to just about every legit team out of the Big 10 they played.

When one conference has 5 teams in the top 25 and uses that 'math' as a way to give them power rankings it is all flawed. Just another reason why comparative math doesnt work. Give the same types of rankings to Pac 12 schools and those teams beating up on each other would be just as relevant. But due to Pac 12 being west coast and the normal bias and the apparent weakness of them over all it doesnt happen.

So while NCAA basketball does ignore rankings to some extent and offers a tourny some conferences still get over ranked and some get under ranked and that also eventually ends up effecting schools who get in the tournament.

Its all subjective I am sure and even though they try to use math and all sorts of fancy initials to explain it is is still all based on biased comparative results that arent mathematical beyond calculating flawed numbers. Which anyone can do. The math doesnt really tell you which team is better, especially if they havent faced each other or common opponents. All it does it take comparative numbers and plug them in, and since everyone has the same flawed data is usually works out to similar results.

But when you look a the bracket over all you se a clear cut advantage for the stronger teams on the right side of the page. Because if youre a big time Syracuse guy or believe their record they have a cakewalk into the final 4. The best team they will face will be Vanderbilt, and that is if vandy doesnt pull another choke job. So to make the final Syr will only have to beat Kentucky. Kentucky on the other hand will have to face Duke or baylor and then Syr. Syr has no one of Duke or baylors caliber in their bracket.

The botton is even worse. While MSU is a bad one sed they stillhave a lot of hard games or potential hard games. Louville is no cake walk, hell neither is memphis. If they get passed those two they then have to face either Missouri or Marquette. Missouri actually has an easier road than MSU does. They just have to beat Marquette and then MSU if MSU gets that far.

Midwest is a joke. UNC or Kansas thats it, neither have any real tests, other than maybe Georgetown who can steal a game here or there. But UNC has a cake walk into the elite 8. But ironically that also gives a weak georgetown team a punchers chance because that bracket is a joke. So they steal the bottom from Kansas and UNC goes braindead you have G town with a couple thefts in the final 4.

So like I say they could have swiched a few teams up here or there to even it out just a little bit. But I think they do it on purpose to give tems like Gtown a chance to 'shock' the world by stealing two games and making a deep run. Vandy as well I suppose because they really only have to beat Syracuse on that upper right to make it as well. Which shows that right side of the bracket is the one that could get all the 'cinderella' love. Left side not so much, because even if a big seed gets upset that upset team has a tough game next round.

yisman

Quote Originally Posted by wantitall4moi View Post
    Syr has no one of Duke or baylors caliber in their bracket.
    I strongly disagree.

Ohio State was better this season than either one of those teams. Any metric would back this up as well (kenpom or BPI, for example).

k13

Syracuse went from +600 to +1100 and ohio state is the fave in that bracket.

Notorious_Donk
    Notorious_Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5262

I agree Vandy deserves higher seed, but whats wrong with Wisconsin at 4?

William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Midwest is a joke. UNC or Kansas thats it, neither have any real tests, other than maybe Georgetown who can steal a game here or there. But UNC has a cake walk into the elite 8. But ironically that also gives a weak georgetown team a punchers chance because that bracket is a joke. So they steal the bottom from Kansas and UNC goes braindead you have G town with a couple thefts in the final 4.
    So.......you're predicting that either the #1, #2, or #3 seed makes the final four out of the midwest bracket.

Boys, we've got our very own fukkin Nostradamus here.

EXpertcapper
    EXpertcapper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 732

I got Louiville winning it all shot in the dark

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

Big 10 is always over rated. Pac 12 was a luaghing stock but they had the same types of records aginst each other the big 10 had. Comparing big 10 out of conference you saw he same thing Pac 12 had, a bunch of losses. MSU lost both games they played against ACC schools. Ohio St blew out Duke but got beat by Kansas, Wisconsin lost to just about every legit team out of the Big 10 they played.

When one conference has 5 teams in the top 25 and uses that 'math' as a way to give them power rankings it is all flawed. Just another reason why comparative math doesnt work. Give the same types of rankings to Pac 12 schools and those teams beating up on each other would be just as relevant. But due to Pac 12 being west coast and the normal bias and the apparent weakness of them over all it doesnt happen.

So while NCAA basketball does ignore rankings to some extent and offers a tourny some conferences still get over ranked and some get under ranked and that also eventually ends up effecting schools who get in the tournament.

Its all subjective I am sure and even though they try to use math and all sorts of fancy initials to explain it is is still all based on biased comparative results that arent mathematical beyond calculating flawed numbers. Which anyone can do. The math doesnt really tell you which team is better, especially if they havent faced each other or common opponents. All it does it take comparative numbers and plug them in, and since everyone has the same flawed data is usually works out to similar results.

But when you look a the bracket over all you se a clear cut advantage for the stronger teams on the right side of the page. Because if youre a big time Syracuse guy or believe their record they have a cakewalk into the final 4. The best team they will face will be Vanderbilt, and that is if vandy doesnt pull another choke job. So to make the final Syr will only have to beat Kentucky. Kentucky on the other hand will have to face Duke or baylor and then Syr. Syr has no one of Duke or baylors caliber in their bracket.

The botton is even worse. While MSU is a bad one sed they stillhave a lot of hard games or potential hard games. Louville is no cake walk, hell neither is memphis. If they get passed those two they then have to face either Missouri or Marquette. Missouri actually has an easier road than MSU does. They just have to beat Marquette and then MSU if MSU gets that far.

So like I say they could have swiched a few teams up here or there to even it out just a little bit. But I think they do it on purpose to give tems like Gtown a chance to 'shock' the world by stealing two games and making a deep run. Vandy as well I suppose because they really only have to beat Syracuse on that upper right to make it as well. Which shows that right side of the bracket is the one that could get all the 'cinderella' love. Left side not so much, because even if a big seed gets upset that upset team has a tough game next round.

So because MSU lost their first 2 games of the year to ACC teams, one of which was played on a friggin' aircraft carrier, and then losing by 5 at Duke, that makes them and the B10 overrated and MSU a bad 1 seed? Huh?

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    I'm thinking Marquette in Final Four. Whatcha think?
    i like the way you think d2bets

sportsline guy has them in the final 4, they certainly play hard enough but ncaa hoops is so tough to figure, any team can shoot a high % on 3s for a game and beat anyone

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by floridagolfer View Post
    Poll rankings mean nothing, Murray is ranked in the 40s by Pomeroy. Being a 6 seed makes them top 24 so they are actually overrated.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Poll rankings mean nothing, Murray is ranked in the 40s by Pomeroy. Being a 6 seed makes them top 24 so they are actually overrated.
    pomeroy also has memphis like 8th in the country, i dont think they should be a 2 seed. definitely not an 8th seed either. id say murray shoulda been a 6 or 7.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Memphis will lose to Saint Louis. Billikens will slow pace to a crawl and Tigers won't know what to do with themselves. But seriously, is Saint Louis / Memphis seriously a first round 8-9 game? Both should have been seeded higher. There is no justification for seeding Saint Louis 9th and Temple 5th.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

agree with u on that profits (mem-stl), i dont have a problem with murray being a 6 seed tho. i think pomeroy is good but i dont live n die by him

Vol_Bengal
    Vol_Bengal's Avatar Become A Pro!

I really think you're over-valuing Vanderbilt... they're a good team. But, historically, they fade. Look at their history under Kevin Stallings... they tail off toward the end of the season and are a 1st or second round out. Every year. Yes, they are a good team. But Kentucky had a 1 sewn up before they tipped their game on Friday. They were cruising the whole weekend. It caught up to them yesterday. I'll be AMAZED if Vandy is in the Great 8 in 2 weeks. Shocked, in fact. They're a talented team, but extremely fragile.

wantitall4moi

Quote Originally Posted by William Walters View Post
    So.......you're predicting that either the #1, #2, or #3 seed makes the final four out of the midwest bracket.

Boys, we've got our very own fukkin Nostradamus here.
    this isnt lakers ball washing or balancing kobes nuts on your chin you best take your leave.

OSU is getting hammered in their bracket but just because the line is moving doesnt mean too much to me. Just shows everyone s overvaluing the big 10 just like they do every year.

UNC at +160 to win their bracket looks way too easy. Same odds as OSU to beat Syracuse out?

But it is hard to tell exactly what is going on by looking at the odds fluctuate, A lot of morons bet the NCAA brackets so trying to put any value or weight into the moves is a waste of time. Especially when books are offering the same exact thing with just different wording and the odds can be 25-30 cents different.

12 Last