PorkChop
    PorkChop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

Would would win potential Regional DUKE v BAYLOR

Have them meeting, going back and forth between the two, leaning Baylor...

Thoughts?

doylfish
    doylfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9805

UCONN lol

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

you have Duke making it that far . People still overrating Duke unreal but if they did play Baylor the bears win easily.

darkhat
    darkhat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

Duke will be lucky if they make it out of the second round.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1800

Duke will lose before the Tourney even starts - SBR

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Duke will lose before the Tourney even starts - SBR

darkhat
    darkhat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

Duke wouldn't be able to beat iona in a play in.

ballahollic2
    Update your status
    ballahollic2's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10716

as bad as duke is I think they will get that far, Leigh is a tough 1st rounder but they should beat xavier/ND. Baylor i do think would beat duke but will they get by UNLV?

Brian891
    Brian891's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3624

can baylor put it together for tournament? amazing talent but they have been inconsistent and very beatable all year. if they play a seasoned cohesive team in early rounds they could fold.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

I've harped on it all season. Scott Drew will "coach" this team to a loss in a winnable game earlier than most expect. Factor in that Digger Phelps loves Baylor and there's going to be a flop for this squad.

If this did end up being a match-up, I'd take Coach K every day, all day. Drew would probably be a dumb shit and play zone against Duke and allow 100 threes. I've got to do some more research, but I'm tempted to take UNLV over Baylor. I think the key for Duke as has been harped on is getting Ryan Kelly healthy. If he is able to play let's say by the 2nd round, Duke becomes a much more dangerous team with his versatility and ability to drag a taller defender away from the basket on three point attempts.

abe74
    abe74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4481

Quote Originally Posted by Brian891 View Post
    can baylor put it together for tournament? amazing talent but they have been inconsistent and very beatable all year. if they play a seasoned cohesive team in early rounds they could fold.
    I agree, all depends on which Baylor team shows up for the tournament. All comes down to which PJIII shows up, there's been times this season where he has looked uninspired, then there's times like the Big 12 tournament where he shows his true potential. Also they have one of the worst coaches in America, so I would have to take Duke even though they're just as inconsistent.

jds07v
    jds07v's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 388

Duke struggles mightily with teams that have size inside. I think Baylor has an excellent shot at winning that game if both teams get that far

chase hardy
    chase hardy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 88

South Dakota beats baylor

tarheelfan72
    tarheelfan72's Avatar Become A Pro!

Duke can lose to anyone. They are a one dimensional team with one true blue chipper. And their outside shooters are good but not great and all are subject to slump. Only Rivers and to some extent Curry can create their own shot.

It's telling that they are only a 12 point fav in their opening round when idiots like Floyd Mayweather and your average public fool kisses the ground Duke walks on. I can see the fools in Vegas now looking at the board and saying "Duke -12 looks good".

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

You can underestimate Duke all you want but the second you underestimate Coach K you will get burned. Baylor is better & more talented but K knows how to win games like this. I lean Duke for that reason & that reason only~

DavieVegas
    DavieVegas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 180

Quote Originally Posted by ballahollic2 View Post
    as bad as duke is I think they will get that far, Leigh is a tough 1st rounder but they should beat xavier/ND. Baylor i do think would beat duke but will they get by UNLV?
    Smartest post all thread which was overlooked. UNLV lovesss to run. So does colorado and baylor. If UNLV plays good, I can see them beating baylor and possibly duke. Its up to them

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

this baylor team can probably beat anyone if things go right for them

if baylor had beaten duke a few years ago in the tourney i would have won 2 huge pools...that was a tough loss to take

they have so much talent...if pierre jackson(might be my fave guy in college hoops right now) gets hot and knocks down jumpers they are going to be tough....q miller is a player...they have acy, franklin, walton, and bello(anthony jones too i guess to a degree)......some guys who can really play key roles...heslip can be a nice x factor too...but there are certain teams/matchups where having him on the floor is a detriment...

but jones just disturbs me for all the talents he has...reminds me of a brandan wright...who is just nothing in the nba....guy is constantly floating too far away from the basket....doesnt have a mean streak...doesnt really protect the rim on defense(i understand this team depends on him for alot and he needs to preserve his fouls)....overall i just think the guy is a letdown...especially in big spots...even in games where he plays well and has a nice boxscore he seems to be lacking...just dont see him giving the team that lift...they dont really feed off of his energy the way they do with p jackson
    Last edited by bobby heenan; 03-12-12 at 03:28 PM.

zoo youk
    zoo youk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1197

Quote Originally Posted by DavieVegas View Post
    Smartest post all thread which was overlooked. UNLV lovesss to run. So does colorado and baylor. If UNLV plays good, I can see them beating baylor and possibly duke. Its up to them
    I have UNLV going out in the first round. have watched their last 4 games and they are playing dreadful, confidence is shot. they live and die by the 3 and are one of the worst teams in the nation in the half court offense.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Duke is too perimeter oriented this year with absolutely no inside presence. Baylor by double digits.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1800

You guys would probably like this prop...who wins more games...

Ohio State or Duke

Even lines

or Duke vs Kansas

Kansas a slight fave