RL75
    RL75's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 500

Mid-majors vs Mid-majors

They do this same shit for the BCS, Boise plays TCU that kind of crap.

VCU plays Wichita State
    New Mexico plays Long Beach
    Murray State plays Colorado State

married2themoney
    married2themoney's Avatar Become A Pro!

Mountain west can't really be considered a mid major but typical NCAA bs

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

agreed. they do this every year i love how "they dont have time to make the matchups after they pick the teams" yet they always stick the non power conference teams against each other.

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

hate that shyt..

i thought vcu and the shockers could both make runs

same with new mexico and lb state... o well

Jonah
    Jonah's Avatar Become A Pro!

Brackets should not be ready so soon after the championship games are played, let alone a game that ended just an hour before. Theoretically, it should shift everything. Bracket committee is at once, lazy and cute (with their match-ups

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

do you think they want the power conference teams being embarassed? This whole system is rigged. Certain teams always get easy draws and other teams get tough draws. Teams that play "exciting" basketball always get easy roads for the most part, while teams like Wisconsin and Michigan usually get shitty draws

Frisco
    Frisco's Avatar Become A Pro!

The first 2 matchups are terrible. Pitting 4 of the best overall teams against each other in the 1st round was a terrible thing for the committee to do

Frisco

I think a lot of us are upset that we won't have the opportunity to take some of these teams ML against their overrated 'power conference' counterparts.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

new mexico vs long beach st has to be one of the most gutless moves they ever made.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1800

Yeah it sucks and done with intent but mid-majors have no shot either way.

They can have a few good stories here and there every years, that's about it.

RL75

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Yeah it sucks and done with intent but mid-majors have no shot either way.

They can have a few good stories here and there every years, that's about it.

Butler title game last 2 years
    VCU final 4
    GW final 4
    Davidson final 8 and only team that gave Kansas competition until championship game that year

These teams can flat out play, and are very experienced. It should not be a surprise when one gets to rd of 8 or final 4. It's a shame they have to take each other out because of the committee bias.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

agree rl, we never see the 5th n 6th place teams in the major conferences make deep runs.

k13

Quote Originally Posted by RL75 View Post

Butler title game last 2 years
    VCU final 4
    GW final 4
    Davidson final 8 and only team that gave Kansas competition until championship game that year

These teams can flat out play, and are very experienced. It should not be a surprise when one gets to rd of 8 or final 4. It's a shame they have to take each other out because of the committee bias.
    Miniscule examples in the big picture. Like I said a good story here and there which always ends the same way.

When is the last time a mid-major team won a championship? UNLV does not count.
    When is the last time a #9-16 seed won a championship?

PickWinnerAllDay
    I'd never gamble again for Taylor Swift
    PickWinnerAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    agree rl, we never see the 5th n 6th place teams in the major conferences make deep runs.
    This is a joke right? lol

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Quote Originally Posted by PickWinnerAllDay View Post
    This is a joke right? lol
    ucon was a 3 seed after coming in 9th but winning the big east tournament. i meant teams who did nothing all year and are just there cuz we need 68. yes i said it poorly.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

UNC went to the final four as a 9 seed i think it happens every once in a while

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    UNC went to the final four as a 9 seed i think it happens every once in a while
    8 seed i wana say 2000. also wisconsin was there as an 8 seed same year. thats the last time it really happened.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

ucon was still an anamoly cuz how many 9th place teams even make the tournament let alone get a 3 seed, but picks right, i should have said something about them.

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER
    CollegeOverUnder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 217

its ******* stupid how mid majors are stuck with mid majors wtf VCU and Wichita St thats horseshit

Intuitive_Edge
    Bi-Winning +EV
    Intuitive_Edge's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 291

thought the same thing.. load of garbage. BCS bullshit all over again

dartmouthemcee
    dartmouthemcee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2712

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    do you think they want the power conference teams being embarassed? This whole system is rigged. Certain teams always get easy draws and other teams get tough draws. Teams that play "exciting" basketball always get easy roads for the most part, while teams like Wisconsin and Michigan usually get shitty draws
    This is the truth. It is a human system left up to people to completely decide. The committee have discussed how much the human element comes into the seeding, they aren't shy about admitting it.

TPowell

should let a machine randomly match teams up after you figure out the seeding. That is the only way to avoid this situation in the future. Who cares if teams from the same conference are playing each other again? Its a small price to pay for justice for mid majors

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Surprised nobody mentioned Saint. Louis / Memphis, two would-be GREAT sleepers playing each other and in an 8-9 game no less, meaning winner get MSU. Sham.

TPowell

Memphis was going nowhere anyway

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    Memphis was going nowhere anyway
    I actually have them losing to Billikens in first game but I disagree, Memphis would have been very dangerous with proper seeding

RL75

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Surprised nobody mentioned Saint. Louis / Memphis, two would-be GREAT sleepers playing each other and in an 8-9 game no less, meaning winner get MSU. Sham.
    Nice catch I didn't even think of that one.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Both criminally underseeded, and instead of putting them against overseeded teams, we get this nonsense. I hate the committee.

Frisco

Memphis/SLU, Beach/NM, VCU/Wichita are all imo the 6 best mid majors in the tourney (maybe throw in Creighton and NM State) and they are forced to play each other in the opening round. Somehow Harvard is the only 12 seed that is a mid major who gets to play a power conf team. They did this on purpose to avoid the 12/5 upsets

RL75

What isn't surprising is listening to various radio/tv shows today and last night not a single one mentioned how the mid-majors got screwed having to take each other out.

cbiscuit
    cbiscuit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1714

Quote Originally Posted by RL75 View Post
    What isn't surprising is listening to various radio/tv shows today and last night not a single one mentioned how the mid-majors got screwed having to take each other out.
    They never do RL75 because most of them adhere to the Power conference philosophy. Stick with your opinions, some guys just will never get it. You broke it down plainly and still some cannot grasp what you're saying.

I have pissed and moaned about this every year since the 90's. Conversely, they let two dubious teams like Notre Dame and Xavier, very popular with The Commitee, square off thus ensuring that one will advance while either VCU(who proved all the experts wrong last year) or Wichita State will go home after 1 game. IT SUCKS!!!! Rest asssured they will do it again next year.

james4512
    james4512's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 139

i hate this my 6 sleepers are all playing each other. I have memphis beating michigan state, there too hott and too athletic for msu

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Pisses me off.....Sick of the bullshit from the NCAA, and then they have the nerve to act like it was all random and innocent

cbiscuit
    cbiscuit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1714

Highly unlikely MLD. I don't want to go conspiracy theory here but too consistent year to year with waning power conference teams facing off against one another while 2 hot mid-majors get matched up in Rd1. Too many coincidences to be 'random'

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by cbiscuit View Post
    Highly unlikely MLD. I don't want to go conspiracy theory here but too consistent year to year with waning power conference teams facing off against one another while 2 hot mid-majors get matched up in Rd1. Too many coincidences to be 'random'
    Agreed 100%.......Year to year, the hot mid-major teams that have a chance to make a big run seem like they are matching up way more often than not

k13

They have no one to blame but themselves if they want better seeds/match ups they need to beat the big boys in the regular season.

Memphis Loss Loss Loss Loss Loss

Why should they be seeded any higher? Because you beat some scrubs in the 10th best Conference.

Long Beach State Loss Loss Loss Loss

That victory over Pitt don't look so hot now does it?

That's great that you schedule tougher teams too bad you basically lose all of them.

12 Last