ZBOIZ
    ZBOIZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9739

Kentucky is not that good as advertised.. IJS...

Been thinking it to myself all year that they're not what they record say they are.. If you put that same team in the ACC, BIG 10, or BIG 12, they'll be a 4 to 5 loss team. I think Missouri, Florida St, North Carolina, L'ville, would all beat them on a neutral court

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Do not overreact. They have 3 lottery picks, and another 2nd round pick on their team. Talent wins out.

tarheelfan72
    tarheelfan72's Avatar Become A Pro!

The thing is, talent wise they are as good as advertised. Other aspects of the game may be their downfall, but they are more talented than any other team in the nation by quite a large margin. And yes, if they played in a better conference whey'd by a 4-5 loss team.

Frisco
    Frisco's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by tarheelfan72 View Post
    The thing is, talent wise they are as good as advertised. Other aspects of the game may be their downfall, but they are more talented than any other team in the nation by quite a large margin. And yes, if they played in a better conference whey'd by a 4-5 loss team.
    They were lucky to play in a conference where only 2 teams had a real shot at beating them. I think they are immature and it showed today when they did some stupid things late in that game.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5536

easily the team to beat. like anyone else can lose on any given day tho

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year
    Cougar Bait's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3289

Louisville would be severely undersized, so probably not.

But I think Missouri can score on anyone, and UNC will be a tough tourney team but only way that matchup happens is the final, same for Florida State. They are good, but they won't be in the final either. Kentucky is getting to the final four I have no doubt. I can't say that for any of the other teams. Maybe UNC.

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

Their odds of having to vacate it down the road are slightly higher than their chances of winning it all. But those chances are still pretty good.
    Points Awarded:

tarheelfan72 gave wantitall4moi 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1710

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    Do not overreact. They have 3 lottery picks, and another 2nd round pick on their team. Talent wins out.
    Not in college.

John Wall, Cousins, Patterson, etc.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5536

Quote Originally Posted by wantitall4moi View Post
    Their odds of having to vacate it down the road are slightly higher than their chances of winning it all. But those chances are still pretty good.

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Louisville is undersized but Missouri isn't?

HR Paperstacks
    HR Paperstacks's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dont let today fool you, Vandy probably just handed UK the title by beating them today. They no longer have that burden of a long winning streak on there shoulders and they can just go out and play now. They lost in the conference finals in quite a few of the years that they ended up winning the title. Last time they lost they got refocused and won 22 in a row or something like that. They will be playing tourney games in Louisville and Catlanta until the final four. Good luck with that.

Plus Vandy had the advantage of playing UK 3 times within a month, you can get a pretty good feel for a team when you play that many times in a short period of time. No one else will have that opportunity.

doylfish
    doylfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9799

What's UCONNs excuse then? They have 2 top 5 predicted picks in drummond and lamb and another guy oriakhi that is slated to go end of first round/early second round. They make me go like this Watching them play, so many wasted opportunities this season

TPowell

Zone uk. If lamb isnt hot, they wont be able to score

chinoloco212
    chinoloco212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

Quote Originally Posted by doylfish View Post
    What's UCONNs excuse then? They have 2 top 5 predicted picks in drummond and lamb and another guy oriakhi that is slated to go end of first round/early second round. They make me go like this Watching them play, so many wasted opportunities this season
    lamb isnt assertive enough he has all the talent in the world but he settles for chilling in the corner while the game is on the line

gregm
    gregm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Not in college.

John Wall, Cousins, Patterson, etc.
    Good post. Jordan, Roy, Nash, and Duncan finished college, and I know its not feasible with international recruiting and high school recruiting but this one and done crap is a joke.

Alot of these Kentucky players just went too soon, Rondo seems to be one of the few that has made it leaving college early. I am sure more nba coaches wish more players put at least put a few years in college before they tried the NBA like Paul and Wade. Lebron,Kobe, and Howard straight from high school are just a different breed.

CTOWNsCAPPIN
    Update your status
    CTOWNsCAPPIN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 34

5 first round picks? Defense wins every sport, right? Kentucky's is as good as it gets

TPowell

Kentuckys defense is nowhere near as good as it gets. They rely on their athletic ability to overcome their lack of actual defensive abilities. When davis is out, this is painfully obvious

CTOWNsCAPPIN
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    Kentuckys defense is nowhere near as good as it gets. They rely on their athletic ability to overcome their lack of actual defensive abilities. When davis is out, this is painfully obvious
    and Davis has been out how often this year? C'mon, for a "kid" that grew 6 inches over summer, his ability to anticipate is amazing and no team will expose him until the final four, if that happens. With 4 teams left, Kentucky will be tough to beat

TPowell

All you need is a 5 with a decent outside stroke to clear davis out

CTOWNsCAPPIN
    Update your status

All you need is a 5 with a decent outside stroke to clear davis out
    Miss. St. proved that in their first meeting.....until the second half

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by CTOWNsCAPPIN View Post
    Miss. St. proved
    that in their first meeting.....until the second half
    Sidney couldnt stay in because he bleeds big macs

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Miss St lost because Hood got hurt, but best way to beat Kentucky is a good zone defense and run the ball down their throat on the break, Syracuse would destroy them.

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    Miss St lost because Hood got hurt, but best way to beat Kentucky is a
    good zone defense and run the ball down their throat on the break, Syracuse would destroy them.
    I agree but i think a wisconsin type pace would destroy uk as well. Those young kids will get impatient and force things offensively and fall asleep on d

CTOWNsCAPPIN
    Update your status

Kentucky is far too athletic.....if they get beat, it will be because they beat themselves. No style of ball will beat Kentucky...

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by CTOWNsCAPPIN View Post
    Kentucky is far too athletic.....
    if they get beat, it will be because they beat themselves. No style of ball will beat Kentucky...

I forgot nobody is capable of beating uk. Lmao!

CTOWNsCAPPIN
    Update your status

I forgot nobody is capable of beating uk. Lmao!
    Not true and it's very difficult to "debate" with a Louisville fan. Kentucky is in a class of their own this year, tough team.

TPowell

Really? They barely got by unc at home. Vandy played them tight 3 times. They lost their only decent ooc road game to indiana. They barely beat alabama at home. Seems like they are in a class with lots of other teams to me. They got fat on shitty sec teams

CTOWNsCAPPIN
    Update your status

Really? They barely got by unc at home. Vandy played them tight 3 times. They lost their only decent ooc road game to indiana. They barely beat alabama at home. Seems like they are in a class with lots of other teams to me. They got fat on shitty sec teams
    Early in the season and 1 point? UNC is a 1 seed. Tough to debate Vandy, I have them in the Final Four. If I'm not mistaken, Indiana was their ONLY ooc road game and it took a last second shot. Yes, the SEC was soft, KY still the team to beat

doylfish

Quote Originally Posted by chinoloco212 View Post
    lamb isnt assertive enough he has all the talent in the world but he settles for chilling in the corner while the game is on the line
    i watch all the games, and i do agree that it seems like at the end of close games sometimes it's like 'where's lamb?' but if you notice he's usually being doubled or played off w/help and it's tough for him to get open because other coaches knows he's uconn's killer. the reason he was so effective last year is because kemba was there to take off the pressure and leave lamb open instead.

this year, if shabazz isn't on, lamb is the only dependable deep guy and that leaves uconn in tough spots. if anything i would say that shabazz being on is the key to their game. he also needs to settle down in the open court/fast break situations because he tends to make awful ball choices on his throws. the other thing killing us is that drummond is not assertive enough, for a guy with his talent, size, skills etc he should have a double double every half. no sweat. if drummond was the beast he should be he would command the double and lamb and/or napier would be open to do their thing all day long

BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2158

UK is extremely overrated. Doran Lamb can shoot, no one else. Kidd-Chokerist can't do anything other than attack the basket and Davis has no offense game other than an alley oop. Teague can make FT's and that's about it. Jones is their best player. However, if they play a UConn squad that can matchup with them athletically, they will lose. Why? Because look @ matchups.... Napier > Teague. Boatright = Lamb. Lamb > Kidd Gil-Christ. Jones > Oraihaki. Davis = Drummond. Also, look @ coaching. Calhoun >>>>> Calapari.

Calapari always has talent and his teams never close, I wonder why. He is a cheater when it comes to recruiting and will always be a choke artist of a coach. UConn needs to get by Iowa St. But they'll be ready for UK, come the round of 32.

doylfish

IF, and thats a big if, UCONN can put their game together they can beat UK. Will be easier for UK to beat UCONN with a good game or even semi off game though, but if Lamb and Napier can drain buckets with consistency and they don't go 7 minutes or like 10 straight possessions without a FG/turn the ball over a la the second half against 'cuse then UCONN can get it done for sure.

UK defense is overrated because will potent, they rely a lot on the blocks from Davis etc, ball skills are not the top of their game. If Drummond can neutralize Davis, and by all accounts the two guys Competing for the #1 overall draft pick should be able to neutralize each other, then that will leave UCONN shooters to do their damage, oriakhi should be able to clean up from 5 feet out with those hook/bank/and floater shots he likes to use

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11490

Talent guarantees nothing. OP makes a solid point. They haven't banged day in and day out with consistently good teams like you would in ACC/Big East.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Kentucky is not overrated. Best team in the country. No team matches up to them physically, no team can rebound with them and no team can play any style like UK can. However, they are vulnerable in close games against real good teams. they won't lose to those scrubs from UConn.

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

The only problem UK has is it's 3 point shooting.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Quote Originally Posted by MUHerd37 View Post
    The only problem UK has is it's 3 point shooting.
    They have enough 3 point shooting, no one will shoot lights out from the 3 point line against them.

12 Last