bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

damn that was sick

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

Wow, what an incredible fight. The crowd was juiced and both fighters put on a show. MMA don't have shit over this. This was a war tonight and the build up, drama and finish was absolutely fascinating.

I'm fukking worn out after this fight. I need a break. Inredible.

Hannibal
    Hannibal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15695

no wonder boxing is going the way of the dinosaur...
    even the striking aspect in mma is way more entertaining because you can feel the devastation of each shot. Guys taking a 1000 punches to the head is kinda silly

I'd lvoe to see boxing with MMA gloves. It would change the game and make it that much more exciting. I dont think casual fans like myself enjoy seeing guys shell up with pillows next to their head.

Boxing doesnt attract many new or casual fans because anyone not fully educated in the sport can barely even tell who's winning without the commentators.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

The referee has a gambling problem... Ive heard everything now

SharpBoxing
    SharpBoxing's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5521

Lol Lopez is brain damaged.

bobby heenan
    Update your status

wow...juanma acting foolish in postfight interview

bobby heenan
    Update your status

which sbr poster is the ref???

Hannibal

did he say that lopez was winning on the cards?? lol

Hannibal

lol apparently the judges cant even tell who's winning

SharpBoxing

Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
    lol apparently the judges cant even tell who's winning
    if you dont like boxing then dont watch...

exstatman
    exstatman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 324

While the Showtime guys seemed to have the fight scored a bit biased, the judges cards were off the charts. 2 of 3 had a 2 point Lopez margin?

ApricotSinner32
    ApricotSinner32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

You can blame the horrid judging on this man.Name:  Bob+Arum+Manny+Pacquiao+v+Shane+Mosley+CXltO-QJhlol.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  71.8 KB

Mac4Lyfe

This was much more exciting then any MMA bout I've seen and I've seen most of them. MMA is more street and that's attractive but tonight shows the science of boxing. It's a battle of technique, mental strength and will. MMA is more technique but very rarely do you see guys have to overcome punishment that these 2 guys just endured. This was an incredible fight. Fight of the year for me. None of the UFC fights this year come close for me.

If this was MMA, it would have been stopped on the first knock down
    no wonder boxing is going the way of the dinosaur...
    even the striking aspect in mma is way more entertaining because you can feel the devastation of each shot. Guys taking a 1000 punches to the head is kinda silly

I'd lvoe to see boxing with MMA gloves. It would change the game and make it that much more exciting. I dont think casual fans like myself enjoy seeing guys shell up with pillows next to their head.

Boxing doesnt attract many new or casual fans because anyone not fully educated in the sport can barely even tell who's winning without the commentators.

Hannibal

Why is that always the response to criticism? if you dont like it dont watch

who says i don't like it...i'm clearly watching it. Just expressing my opinion. I'd love to see boxing with mma gloves because that would emphasize the realness, focus more on closing the distance and landing your shot rather than swinging in the pocket

but you are absolutely right mac4lyfe...if i want to see someone overcome punishment... i dont think there is a better sport for it.

i think i just witnessed lopez get brain damage...especially hearing him afterwards

JoshB
    JoshB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 64

great fight, looks like the fix was in so good for salido not letting it go to the scorecards.

SharpBoxing

who says i don't like it...i'm clearly watching it. Just expressing my opinion. I'd love to see boxing with mma gloves because that would emphasize the realness, focus more on closing the distance and landing your shot rather than swinging in the pocket

but you are absolutely right mac4lyfe...if i want to see someone overcome punishment... i dont think there is a better sport for it.

i think i just witnessed lopez get brain damage...especially hearing him afterwards
    What realnes are you talking about? Street fight realnes?

Its clear that you dont understand the sport of boxing. It has nothing to do with street fighting.

bobby heenan
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by SharpBoxing View Post
    What realnes are you talking about? Street fight realnes?

Its clear that you dont understand the sport of boxing. It has nothing to do with street fighting.
    i think this jackass was trying to imply that because boxers wear gloves...they just get in the pocket and flail their arms hoping to land something...whereas mma fighters close distance and actually try to land each punch that is thrown ....because we all know mma fighters are all world class punchers!

SharpBoxing

Quote Originally Posted by bobby heenan View Post
    i think this jackass was trying to imply that because boxers wear gloves...they just get in the pocket and flail their arms hoping to land something...whereas mma fighters close distance and actually try to land each punch that is thrown ....because we all know mma fighters are all world class punchers!
    He also thinks boxing gloves are like pillows. I bet this geek has never been in a boxing gym in his life, probably not even an MMA gym.

bobby heenan
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by SharpBoxing View Post
    He also thinks boxing gloves are like pillows. I bet this geek has never been in a boxing gym in his life, probably not even an MMA gym.
    im fairly certain

also fairly certain he will refute this by saying that hes trained at a gym for years and is a jui jitsu black belt or something or rather...or was like a division 3 honorable mention all american wrestler or some shit

Wanna Bet On It?
    Hog or pass
    Wanna Bet On It?'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5734

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    This was much more exciting then any MMA bout I've seen and I've seen most of them. MMA is more street and that's attractive but tonight shows the science of boxing. It's a battle of technique, mental strength and will. MMA is more technique but very rarely do you see guys have to overcome punishment that these 2 guys just endured. This was an incredible fight. Fight of the year for me. None of the UFC fights this year come close for me.

If this was MMA, it would have been stopped on the first knock down
    Very rarely do any two guys endure that much punishment in any combat sport.

But it does happen in MMA. The war between Shogun & Hendo comes to mind.

Hannibal

I dont know why its hard to admit that you can take clean shots to the face with boxing gloves that you cant take with bare knuckles or mma gloves.
    Instead... you resort to personal attacks lol
    as for the pillows next to the head comment...anyone should be aware that gloves arent actually pillows...hence no one sleeps on them. Its just guys can so easily shell up with those big gloves because nothing gets through.

take either of the guys tonight...and if he fought someone like machida in a bareknuckle fist fight.. machida would pick him apart all day and he wouldnt have to spend a second in the pocket rolling against haymakers. Thats what i mean by realism. Its a shame you cant see it. You take the criticism of a sport as a personal attack against your very being. Its like how theists dont like to reason/

SharpBoxing

I dont know why its hard to admit that you can take clean shots to the face with boxing gloves that you cant take with bare knuckles or mma gloves.
    as for the pillows next to the head comment...anyone should be aware that gloves arent actually pillows...hence no one sleeps on them. Its just guys can so easily shell up with those big gloves because nothing gets through.

take either of the guys tonight...and if he fought someone like machida in a bareknuckle fist fight.. machida would pick him apart all day and he wouldnt have to spend a second in the pocket rolling against haymakers. Thats what i mean by realism. Its a shame you cant see it. You take the criticism of a sport as a personal attack against your very being. Its like how theists dont like to reason/
    Why would he fight machida in a bareknuckle fist fight??? He is a boxer.
    Thats like saying Messi or Ronaldo wouldnt be able to dribble through machida in a bareknuckle fist fight.

The fact that you MMA geeks dont understand that boxing is a sport is what makes me pissed off
    Last edited by SharpBoxing; 03-11-12 at 12:15 AM.

rocky mattioli
    rocky mattioli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5100

you can`t have boxing with mma gloves because people would die...you think that the nfl has issues with head trauma?...that would be nothing compared to boxing.....boxing is strictly a hand-striking sport..these guys train with only their hands...many from their youth in the amateurs.....like it or not,if you put an mma fighter in with a boxer with 4 oz gloves and they were only allowed to strike with their hands,at the highest level,the mma fighters would get crushed....of course in an mma fight,the reverse would happen...

it`s a sport...it`s not supposed to be "blood" sport...the gloves are there for the very reason you indicated(to protect the fighters)...

two completely different sports ...........

rocky mattioli
    rocky mattioli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5100

and btw,machida would get crushed in a boxing match vs a high level professional boxer...period...end of story...

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by Wanna Bet On It? View Post
    Very rarely do any two guys endure that much punishment in any combat sport.

But it does happen in MMA. The war between Shogun & Hendo comes to mind.
    Very true. I'm not knocking MMA. I enjoy it in some ways better then boxing. You don't see as many disparities in judging (a few) and the quick ending oftentimes are spectacular. What hurts boxing and is starting to hurt MMA is horrible matches where the action is boring and unwatchable. Boxing also has a lot of drama outside of the ring which is a turn off as well. It started to become a soap opera.

But tonight was a good night for boxing. Fights like this really builds the sport up.

varkolek
    varkolek's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2430

take either of the guys tonight...and if he fought someone like machida in a bareknuckle fist fight.. machida would pick him apart all day and he wouldnt have to spend a second in the pocket rolling against haymakers.
    Machida has been caught twice now and knocked out rushing in, because he doesn't have head movement and can't fight in the pocket. He got caught rushing in by Shogun, and again by Jones, neither of whom are especially good boxers. I'm pretty sure a high level boxer could catch Machida in a similar way.

Machida is a great fighter when he pot shots at distance and rushes in and out, but he can't hang and trade with someone in close, and that's a liability against a good boxer.

Hannibal

Quote Originally Posted by varkolek View Post
    Machida has been caught twice now and knocked out rushing in, because he doesn't have head movement and can't fight in the pocket. He got caught rushing in by Shogun, and again by Jones, neither of whom are especially good boxers. I'm pretty sure a high level boxer could catch Machida in a similar way.

Machida is a great fighter when he pot shots at distance and rushes in and out, but he can't hang and trade with someone in close, and that's a liability against a good boxer.
    machida is just an example.
    I'm talking about guys who's entire game is based on closing the distance to land the strike first, while at the same time being fast enough to move away when the opponent tries to step into the pocket. Guys like aldo, machida, gsp, edgar, cruz, silva....they all have this ability. I think this is what separates effective real striking from striking-only combat sports. Maybe karate had the right philosophy all along when it came to striking.

SharpBoxing

machida is just an example.
    I'm talking about guys who's entire game is based on closing the distance to land the strike first, while at the same time being fast enough to move away when the opponent tries to step into the pocket. Guys like aldo, machida, gsp, edgar, cruz, silva....they all have this ability. I think this is what separates effective real striking from striking-only combat sports. Maybe karate had the right philosophy all along when it came to striking.

Thats boxing 101. Watch some Gamboa or Rigondeux fights. Thats all they do: close the distance, throw punches and get out.

You clearly havent watched many boxing fights

iQon
    iQon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 123

Is this guy serious? Machida would beat Juanma/Orlando Solido in a fist fight? Really? Machida fights professionally at 205 pounds, those FEATHERWEIGHTS fight at 126.

And then he throws "realism" into the ozone layer to emphasize how stupid everybody else is.

Don't quit your day job.

Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Wow, what an incredible fight. The crowd was juiced and both fighters put on a show. MMA don't have shit over this. This was a war tonight and the build up, drama and finish was absolutely fascinating.

The only reason MMA is so big is because the UFC is structured soundly and the best guys fight the best guys often. If boxing was ran as efficiently as UFC the sport would be much bigger than it is. I would love to see more great fights like this where guys just box, but not many young dudes want to be boxers anymore, the appeal is not there as it once was. The organizations running boxing are a joke and have ruined the sport.

First 12