PickWinnerAllDay
    I'd never gamble again for Taylor Swift
    PickWinnerAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

How can the Pac-12 have 12 teams and not have one be NCAA Tournament caliber?

How the hell does that even happen considering the programs they have???

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Name:  129161956729992540.gif
Views: 191
Size:  513.4 KB

PickWinnerAllDay

my dad was obsessed with star trek... always had to watch that shit when I was like 10.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Gimme a break. I'd take Washington, Cal, Oregon or Arizona over throwing in a bullshit team like South Florida as the 900th team from the Big East.

PickWinnerAllDay

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    Gimme a break. I'd take Washington, Cal, Oregon or Arizona over throwing in a bullshit team like South Florida as the 900th team from the Big East.
    Why? For preference for seeing high scoring basketball games? None of those teams are better than South Florida. More interesting to watch? I guess you could argue that.

PickWinnerAllDay

Look at Cal's schedule.

One quality win? You want to let in a team with one quality win? At Washington is borderline quality, but it is their one quality win.

The Pac-12 is a mid major this year, so the 24 win total means nothing.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Washington played both Marquette and Duke tight on neutral courts. South Florida isn't even a blip on the radar if they don't play in the Big East where they get SOS & RPI simply for playing every week. If they didn't beat Louisville, they would not be in IMO. They beat Seton Hall and Cincy by a point at home and Seton Hall is a last four team in, so that isn't a high rated win IMO. PAC-12 gets two in and they''ll be seeded along the lines of the 67th & 68th teams from the Big East to get in.

PickWinnerAllDay

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    Washington played both Marquette and Duke tight on neutral courts. South Florida isn't even a blip on the radar if they don't play in the Big East where they get SOS & RPI simply for playing every week. If they didn't beat Louisville, they would not be in IMO. They beat Seton Hall and Cincy by a point at home and Seton Hall is a last four team in, so that isn't a high rated win IMO. PAC-12 gets two in and they''ll be seeded along the lines of the 67th & 68th teams from the Big East to get in.
    California only gets in based on their name and the fact the Pac-12 has nothing else to offer.

Consider this... California only has 2 top 50 RPI wins... 48 (Oregon twice).

They have 2 sub 100 losses.

So 2 luke warm wins and 2 really bad losses gets you in the tournament? If this team was called Tulane or Bradley, they'd have 0 chance to get in the tournament. Zero.

PickWinnerAllDay

Knowing the committee, they will throw Cal in the Dayton play in game so they don't feel as bad for letting them in when they don't deserve it at all.

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

Looks like Colorado might get in . They can obviously beat Arizona tomorrow who knows. Pac 12 is complete garbage this season.

PickWinnerAllDay

Quote Originally Posted by beerman2619 View Post
    Looks like Colorado might get in . They can obviously beat Arizona tomorrow who knows. Pac 12 is complete garbage this season.
    Colorado played 4 decent teams out of conference. They were 0-4 in those games.

But luckily, they got to the Pac-12 where they are now 14-7.

This conference is around the level of the sun belt right now and that isn't sarcasm.

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

Its called west coast bias. Every one moved into the big least because they always got preferential treatment when it game to selction time. People said with so many 'quality' teams there would be a lot left out saying they wont get more than 7 or 8 in. So what happens? They basically want to put the whole conference in the tourney. They probably get 10 maybe 11 teams in this year.

But Pac 10 or 12 or whatever is down this year but their relative out of conference wins arent bad. Oregon St is 7-11 in Pac 12 and 12-3 out of conference. Standford is 10-8 in conference 11-3 out of it. Compare records of the pac 12 schools to all these mediocre teams in the Big Least and it would probably surprise you. But because they 'beat each other up' it always gets over rated. Akin to the SEC in football.

terpkeg
    terpkeg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2428

Quote Originally Posted by PickWinnerAllDay View Post
    Why? For preference for seeing high scoring basketball games? None of those teams are better than South Florida. More interesting to watch? I guess you could argue that.
    USF lost to Auburn, Penn St, S. MIss and ODU out of conference. And they went 12-6 in conference. So any argument camparing out of conference play involving them isnt going to go very far. I watched a lot of UW games this year. They were a frustrating team, but seeing them play Marquette and Duke I got the feeling that they could beat any team in the country on any given day.

Cal, UW, Zona all deserving imo.

PickWinnerAllDay

Quote Originally Posted by terpkeg View Post
    USF lost to Auburn, Penn St, S. MIss and ODU out of conference. And they went 12-6 in conference. So any argument camparing out of conference play involving them isnt going to go very far. I watched a lot of UW games this year. They were a frustrating team, but seeing them play Marquette and Duke I got the feeling that they could beat any team in the country on any given day.

Cal, UW, Zona all deserving imo.
    washington can lose to any team in the country too.

how is cal deserving when they have zero quality wins and 2 horrific losses?

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

kerry/brahma still posting retarded crap i see.

terpkeg

washington can lose to any team in the country too.

how is cal deserving when they have zero quality wins and 2 horrific losses?
    idk honestly, maybe they are not. I havnt actually spent time analyzing any of this. It just seems like I have watched more Pac12 this year than usual and I am going off of the eye test. I have also watched a lot of Seton Hall and its hard for me to believe that the Hall is better than any of those teams.

PickWinnerAllDay

Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post

You had been shutting your mouth recently after I owned you, hoping no one would remember. Nice try crustydouche.

PickWinnerAllDay

Quote Originally Posted by terpkeg View Post
    idk honestly, maybe they are not. I havnt actually spent time analyzing any of this. It just seems like I have watched more Pac12 this year than usual and I am going off of the eye test. I have also watched a lot of Seton Hall and its hard for me to believe that the Hall is better than any of those teams.
    it just seems like if cal was good they would have managed a top 40 RPI win ONCE over the season....

consider this... cal beat zero tournament teams unless Washington gets in.

RoadDog
    I'm not negative, I'm a realist
    RoadDog's Avatar Become A Pro!

So PickWinner was BrahmaBull?

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

Quote Originally Posted by RoadDog View Post
    So PickWinner was BrahmaBull?

Balco10
    Balco10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Any PAC 12 in the tourney will get knocked out in the first round.
    I say Zona wins today by DD.

RoadDog
    I'm not negative, I'm a realist
    RoadDog's Avatar Become A Pro!

lol

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

You had been shutting your mouth recently after I owned you, hoping no one would remember. Nice try crustydouche.
    owning me? you got tricked into putting $5000 on a horrible pick and left vegas broke as usual.

and havent posted much lately cause i have a life outside sbr. do you?

terpkeg

it just seems like if cal was good they would have managed a top 40 RPI win ONCE over the season....

consider this... cal beat zero tournament teams unless Washington gets in.
    yea, but that is onlt because PAC getting no respect. Yea, they didnt earn it out of conference, but how many bubble teams have out of conference wins over top 40 RPI teams? Seton Hall, Northwestern, Tenn, Texas, Virginia..... Havnt looked honestly, but I wouldnt be suprised if no one does.

It would probably be more fair if none of these teams get in over mid majors like Drexel, Iona.

But KenPom has Cal rated extremely high and I respect those rankings. Pom has Pac 12 down big time too. But Washington gets in for winning it imo. I think you see three in, deserving or not.