RonPaul2008
    Update your status
    RonPaul2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 243569

Goodbye Bruce Weber, You Won't Be Missed!

Don't let the door hit you on the way out!

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

WTF???????????????

Nick Papageorgio
    Nick Papageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

fk the illini, bunch of choking btchs.

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

as bad as weber is...when i watch that team(and ive seen plenty of them..not just today) i see on guy who is a player...leonard is a legit nba prospect and a potential lottery guy.....but the other guys they lean on are just dogs....brandon paul and dj richardson....these guys are just dogs..not good shooters....just so inconsistent....paul had that explosion of a night against ohio st....but those guys are just not good, smart, basketball players

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

I have a bunch of friends from Illinois and they all hate Weber. Seems like the entire state wants him out. They were really happy when Zook got the door as well.

Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

horrible team

Weber looked clueless all year

all year team looked like the court is the last place they wanted to be

weber is a dumbfukk hamburger

Nick Papageorgio

weber is a gutless muppet.cryin like a fkn punk at his conference, you gutless wonder. fk the illini bunch of losers.

PickWinnerAllDay
    I'd never gamble again for Taylor Swift
    PickWinnerAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

The only argument to keep Bruce is that Illinois players are dumb? He recruited him. Still deserves to go!

griz
    FEB 2012 POTM
    griz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 607

illinois state school, state schools unlikely to fire football and hoops coach in same year. expensive. has this been confirmed?

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21665

Quote Originally Posted by griz View Post
    illinois state school, state schools unlikely to fire football and hoops coach in same year. expensive. has this been confirmed?
    No, but it seems like a certainty. It is expensive, but it will still happen.

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

Reports coming in from the Campus that we are bringing back Lon Kreuger...Lou Du Henson will be his assistant!

PickWinnerAllDay

The beat writer for the Illini has pretty much written that he'd be absolutely shocked if Weber is here next year.

Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

shaka smart

FrozenMAN
    2020 Big Ten CHAMPS!
    FrozenMAN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4112

Quote Originally Posted by MUHerd37 View Post
    I have a bunch of friends from Illinois and they all hate Weber. Seems like the entire state wants him out. They were really happy when Zook got the door as well.
    i called for it after my junior year which was SUPPOSED to be the team they were blowing for 5 years and they shit the bed to western kentucky.... he fell apart due to awful game coaching "not to lose attitude" and then recruiting nobodys to a major school...awful

so happy he's gone

-get the cincy guy, he'll will recruit well here but i know AD will get another nobody like with football team and we'll continue to blow

IOWA beat us 2 times this year??? and never win at purdue, penn state...awful

FrozenMAN
    2020 Big Ten CHAMPS!

and its not expensive,, they approved the buyouts weeks ago after his rant...we just canned the bitch ball coach as well, she was robbing us blind with a shit team but had the job as she's black..

FrozenMAN
    2020 Big Ten CHAMPS!

and that these teams are the dubmest bunch of jigs i've ever seen for both fball and bball and the worst part is they are the "smarter" ones as most of them that wana come cant get in...awful...complete joke

PickWinnerAllDay

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenMAN View Post
    i called for it after my junior year which was SUPPOSED to be the team they were blowing for 5 years and they shit the bed to western kentucky.... he fell apart due to awful game coaching "not to lose attitude" and then recruiting nobodys to a major school...awful

so happy he's gone

-get the cincy guy, he'll will recruit well here but i know AD will get another nobody like with football team and we'll continue to blow

IOWA beat us 2 times this year??? and never win at purdue, penn state...awful
    nooo

Nick Papageorgio

Fk you weber you gutless muppet. Couldnt find a Fkn way to get Leonard the g damn ball in the last 7 min. Gutless chokers from head coach to the water boys.

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

You guys should get Sean Miller.

RonPaul2008
    Update your status
    RonPaul2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 243569

They didn't waste any time. I hope they after Shaka Smart.

PickWinnerAllDay

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaul2008 View Post
    They didn't waste any time. I hope they after Shaka Smart.
    My top 5 is:

Shaka Smart
    Brad Stevens
    Sean Miller
    Robert Smith (Simeon coach)
    Lorenzo Romar

Robert Smith is a high school coach, but he'll be able to get Jabari Parker to Illinois for sure, and once that domino falls, a ton of other dominos will fall and want to play with him. Could put Illinois back in the top 10 in an instant.

FrozenMAN
    2020 Big Ten CHAMPS!

simeon coach...you fuckin kidding me...never will happpen in 1000000000000000x years

shaka is overrated too, sean miller has done nothing in zona, brad stevens is solid and gets smart white kids thats a major plus as team is all dumb ***** as i mentioned above....romar is blah with washington never lives up after getting hyped/no hyped...middle tier coach....

best guy for the job is mike cronin from cincy (and i've been syaing that name BEFORE the W over da cuse)...he's SOLID and runs a tight shift which is what we need in champaign as they run wild

#1 cronin, total package O and D
    #2 stevens
    #3 leonard hamilton from FSU, preaches D which is what boring awful big 10 bball is about....

FrozenMAN
    2020 Big Ten CHAMPS!

but thomas does have inside edge w shaka from earlier days and he's supposedly in the lead......we'll see if he leaves

BRRRUUUUUCCCEEEE is gonna go back to SIU within a week

PickWinnerAllDay

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenMAN View Post
    simeon coach...you fuckin kidding me...never will happpen in 1000000000000000x years

shaka is overrated too, sean miller has done nothing in zona, brad stevens is solid and gets smart white kids thats a major plus as team is all dumb ***** as i mentioned above....romar is blah with washington never lives up after getting hyped/no hyped...middle tier coach....

best guy for the job is mike cronin from cincy (and i've been syaing that name BEFORE the W over da cuse)...he's SOLID and runs a tight shift which is what we need in champaign as they run wild

#1 cronin, total package O and D
    #2 stevens
    #3 leonard hamilton from FSU, preaches D which is what boring awful big 10 bball is about....
    Sean Miller has done nothing? Look at Arizona's recruiting class coming in... they are going to run train on the Pac-12 for years...

ChalkyDog

I was actually just kidding about Sean Miller, Illinois has a better chance going have Phil Jackson.

However, if Illinois was really smart, they'd snag Romar. The guy has a huge pull with inner city kids, especially in Chicago. He is currently in good shape with the number 1 player in 2013, Jabari Parker who is out of Chi-Town. Also, he basically has the best player in 2013 in the bag named Aaron Gordon. If he can bring both those kids to Illinois, you guys have gotten significantly better.

Romar isn't a great coach, but he is a very good recruiter, and would be even better back in the Mid-West. (guy has strong ties due to his time spent at St. Louis).

Romar is your guy - Smart isn't the next coming, he is going to be overpaid wherever he goes... If your an Illini fan, you are better off not having to pay off the guys payout + years left on the contract, just to get him to leave.

ChalkyDog

Wow, didn't even see Frozen man's post.

Sean Miller accomplishments:

Took Xavier deep into the tournament many times.

Took a fukked up Arizona program, and brought them from the brink of death to an Elite 8 and a second pick overall in 2 years. 2 out of 3 years, he landed top 5 recruiting classes (which is ridiculous, because he didn't have half the time as every other coach to develop relationships with this High School phenoms). Currently (going into his 4th year) he has the number 1 recruiting class, which includes 3 top 10 Bigs according to ESPN (a feat that has never been done), has the best pure shooter in the class to compliment the big men players, and is currently going to add at least one more player.

He is on the brink of bringing an Arizona team, who had their best player shot before the season started, and then broke his leg right in the middle of the season, into an Automatic bid.

He is doing it with a 6'6 kid playing Center.

Sean Miller is the best young coach in the business, and it really isn't close. As an Arizona fan, there is not a single coach on the planet I would trade him for.

And, FWIW, Illinois would be a giant step backwards for Sean. The AD at Illinois would crawl through a mile of JJ's shit to sniff the possibility of Sean going to Illinois.

Your best bet is Romar, but more than likely - you are going to get stuck with someone that isn't worth the money you are about to throw at him.
    Last edited by ChalkyDog; 03-09-12 at 11:49 PM.

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by PickWinnerAllDay View Post
    My top 5 is:

Shaka Smart
    Brad Stevens
    Sean Miller
    Robert Smith (Simeon coach)
    Lorenzo Romar

Robert Smith is a high school coach, but he'll be able to get Jabari Parker to Illinois for sure, and once that domino falls, a ton of other dominos will fall and want to play with him. Could put Illinois back in the top 10 in an instant.
    I'll take Robert smith. Getting Parker would be huge, and he has a relationship with most of the inner city kids obviously. Wouldn't have to overpay him either.

We have to keep jabari parker here.

PickWinnerAllDay

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    Wow, didn't even see Frozen man's post.

Sean Miller accomplishments:

Took Xavier deep into the tournament many times.

Took a fukked up Arizona program, and brought them from the brink of death to an Elite 8 and a second pick overall in 2 years. 2 out of 3 years, he landed top 5 recruiting classes (which is ridiculous, because he didn't have half the time as every other coach to develop relationships with this High School phenoms). Currently (going into his 4th year) he has the number 1 recruiting class, which includes 3 top 10 Bigs according to ESPN (a feat that has never been done), has the best pure shooter in the class to compliment the big men players, and is currently going to add at least one more player.

He is on the brink of bringing an Arizona team, who had their best player shot before the season started, and then broke his leg right in the middle of the season, into an Automatic bid.

He is doing it with a 6'6 kid playing Center.

Sean Miller is the best young coach in the business, and it really isn't close. As an Arizona fan, there is not a single coach on the planet I would trade him for.

And, FWIW, Illinois would be a giant step backwards for Sean. The AD at Illinois would crawl through a mile of JJ's shit to sniff the possibility of Sean going to Illinois.

Your best bet is Romar, but more than likely - you are going to get stuck with someone that isn't worth the money you are about to throw at him.

The problem I have with Romar is that he isn't a good coach, and that is important, especially in the Big 10.

Hell, I don't eve want to think about what Izzo, Painter, Bo Ryan will do to him over the years if he does come to Illinois. He'll recruit well but if shitty Pac-12 coaches can exploit his lack of coaching, imagine what really good Big 10 coaches will do to him?

mh217
    mh217's Avatar Become A Pro!

never liked the guy...i remember when his mom died and he coached a game that same day like a couple of hours later..i thought that was pretty fukedd up.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9788

rick pitino jr

PickWinnerAllDay

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    rick pitino jr
    Serious thread here pal.

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

We need Lou Henson's son!!! Bring back the Lou Du Era!!!

Nick Papageorgio

Patrick Ewing

LuolBigDeng
    LuolBigDeng's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 228

Shaka Smart is the name everyone is dropping here in Chicago, also Reggie Theus

FrozenMAN
    2020 Big Ten CHAMPS!

lol...sean miller....lol