Roto97
    Roto97's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by wantitall4moi View Post
    wins dont mean shit, look at Jacksonville in the late 90s they won more games than anyone,(ironically they were better than Indy most of those yearsin the same division)
    Ehhh..Wrong..they were never in the same division. Jacksonville was in the AFC central and Colts were in the AFC east till 2002. Jacksonville had 3 seasons with over 10 wins in the late 90s(97,98,99), and in 97 Manning wasn't even in the league yet.

Starting in his second year Manning led team had over 10 wins each season except 01. That is 11 seasons vs 5 seasons for jags (shit I will give you 05 and 07). That is epic (and I believe a NFL record) and hard as hell to do in the NFL these days. I should know I am a Bears fan.

I dont see anyone talking about mark Brunell as some stud, had he won a SB it might be different but it didnt happen. Theyre one step from getting moved out of that place. after having an epic amount of wins for 5 or 6 years in a row. Similar to san diego recently, regular season wins are garbage.
    Again 3 seasons in a row is less than 5 or 6. Brunell was good but not in the same class as Manning.

As for this years guys quit, manning didnt play defense and that was the primary reason they lost like they did guys gave up. Then they went into lottery mode once it got out of control.
    Indy's Defense was built to play with a lead, and yup probably went into the tank. Painter should have been benched much sooner.

all that is irrelevant anyway. But it makes for good sports talk I guess. But all me when a single doctor with ties tot eh NFL or an NFL team even clears him to play. I havent heard shit about that, other than some doctor he claimed he saw who said he was OK to practice.
    Here how about the Colts neurosurgeon who cleared him, while saying if Manning were his own son he would let him play.

Dr. Watkins, according to the sources, joined Colts neurosurgeon Dr. Hank Feuer in clearing Manning to play. One source said that Feuer recently told Manning, "If you were my own son, I'd tell [you] to go play."
    I will edit this, Minnesota Vikings also racked up a ton of wins back in the day, no one ever talks abotut them as some sort of dynasty either. manning came out f Tenn with a handle of not being able to win the big one. So I gues once he finally won a SB all was forgiven. With so many wins and so many decent teams he still didnt win more han one.
    Might want to edit again. For some reason your dynasty and tons of wins seems to be encompass 3 seasons. Which is what the Vikings did from 98-00. They won over 10 games those 3 years; that was it.

For better or worse Indy was built around Manning. He made some crappy to avg receivers into good receivers (i.e. Austin Collie). Manning gave your team a chance to be in playoffs every year, and possibly to go further.

Other than Brady, Eli Manning and Big Ben no other teams have won more than 1 SB in the past 10 years. Using your reasoning, then Brees and Rodgers must not be very good either.

I will just quote goduke:

You are delusional
    Last edited by Roto97; 03-08-12 at 10:49 PM.

Thehusker
    Thehusker's Avatar Become A Pro!

Shefter n Co been dead ass wrong many times before........Miami schedule is brutal not to mention the dome issue is huge. he is .500 outside in any weather in December. If he goes to Miami and Patriots sign Mario Williams he might die on the field Frankenstein Style with bolts popping out his neck n sh*t. Miami with Dolphins 2012 would be same outcome as eagles 2011. Epic fade material while finishing 8/8 no playoffs and they have to sit and watch a hated rival hold the crown (pats '13 crown )

Roto97

Quote Originally Posted by Thehusker View Post
    Shefter n Co been dead ass wrong many times before........Miami schedule is brutal not to mention the dome issue is huge. he is .500 outside in any weather in December. If he goes to Miami and Patriots sign Mario Williams he might die on the field Frankenstein Style with bolts popping out his neck n sh*t. Miami with Dolphins 2012 would be same outcome as eagles 2011. Epic fade material while finishing 8/8 no playoffs and they have to sit and watch a hated rival hold the crown (pats '13 crown )
    Did you even look at the schedule or just throwing out verbal diarrhea??

They play
    Bills twice
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Tennessee Titans
    Oakland Raiders
    St. Louis Rams
    Seattle Seahawks
    Indianapolis Colts
    Arizona Cardinals

This is not a
    brutal
    schedule as you put it. Far from it.

Only hard teams: Bengals, Jets twice, 49ers.

Pats twice, but their def sucks so i can see Miami getting one.

After the Adelius Thomas excursion, I seriously doubt hoody will be wanting to give that much money for Mario Williams.

How much money you ask? Here are the numbers on Julius Peppers contract $91.5 million over 6 years with $42 million guaranteed.

And Williams will command more than that since he is 5 years younger than Peppers. So unless Pats basically don't want to improve any other position, this shit ain't happening.

Thehusker

Patriots boards all over it; Boston globe screaming for Mario . 8-8 and max fade material if Peyton goes. Reggie Bush knee will explode Week 2. But I still think AZ, Pregame ranks AZ 19% chance and I am rolling with them . Gridlocked Espn Vegas was leaning AZ yesterday as well and Pauli is sharp as Fuq

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

The Kansas City Chiefs were the first team to offer Peyton Manning a completed contract on Thursday, according to Brandon Spano of MileHighSports.com.
    BREAKING: Source says that the Chiefs were the ONLY team to offer a completed contract to Peyton Manning today. Says they are most prepared

Peyton might have a vacation home in Miami but I just don't see him wanting to raise a young family in South America's fav city. KC is much more like Indy and in the weakest div in the NFL....other than maybe the AFC South now?

Thehusker

Appearing on ESPN’s 9 a.m. edition of*SportsCenter*Friday, Adam Schefter suggested that the immediate and circus-style media coverage of Peyton Manning landing in Miami after his release by the Colts may have affected the free agent quarterback’s outlook on playing for the Dolphins.

Roto97

Quote Originally Posted by Thehusker View Post
    Patriots boards all over it; Boston globe screaming for Mario . 8-8 and max fade material if Peyton goes. Reggie Bush knee will explode Week 2. But I still think AZ, Pregame ranks AZ 19% chance and I am rolling with them . Gridlocked Espn Vegas was leaning AZ yesterday as well and Pauli is sharp as Fuq

There is a better chance of Manning playing in KC, than Williams going to NE.

Roto97

Quote Originally Posted by thehusker View Post
    appearing on espn’s 9 a.m. Edition of*sportscenter*friday, adam schefter suggested that the immediate ...........
    Quote Originally Posted by thehusker View Post
    shefter n co been dead ass wrong many times before........
    orly...

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

peyton aint going to az or any nfc team cause he doesnt want to cockblock eli from reaching the sb. so its afc 99% certain.

darkhat
    darkhat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post
    peyton aint going to az or any nfc team cause he doesnt want to cockblock eli from reaching the sb. so its afc 99% certain.
    good point.

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

Quote Originally Posted by Roto97 View Post
    Snipped
    So if they were so great why did they only make it to two SBs and only win one? making the claim as to howmany wins they had every season is a double edged sword. Manning is a loser, the year they won it he wasnt that great it was the defense that bailed them out.

This guy is almost as bad as favre got at the end people making him out ot be some deity because he racks up stats. Big frigging deal.

Like i said call me when he gets cleared to even practice. He can talk to all the teams he wants he has to pass physicals and all sorts of shit before he comes close to stepping on a field again.

But it is media hype and ESPN running it 24/7 that makes people go crazy. Its 50/50 if he will play again IMO. Odds of him even GETTING to another SB let alone winning one I would put at 25-1.

Mr Handicapable

You have no idea what you're talking about! He takes the Colts to the SB just 2 yrs ago and basically that SAME TEAM IS THE WORST IN THE NFL WITHOUT HIM. Please let that sink in!!!! Not to mention they were more or less undefeated until the SB and primarily got beat because affirmitative action hire dumb$hit Jim Caldwell got schooled by Sean Payton. Manning also put up 32 second half points on New England in the only game when they really needed him when the Colts won the SB. Your 50-50 and 25-1 odds further prove that you're a complete fcn jackoff that has no football knowledge whatsover.

Mr Handicapable

Brady goes out for the year and New England goes 11-5 by comparison

Roto97

So if they were so great why did they only make it to two SBs and only win one? making the claim as to howmany wins they had every season is a double edged sword. Manning is a loser, the year they won it he wasnt that great it was the defense that bailed them out.
    I think you are missing the point. Without Manning a lot of those years, the team Indy had would have barely been a .500 team. According to your reasoning, Brees and Rodgers are losers too, since they only made it to 1 SB? I wonder how you feel about Marino, who never won a SB.

So are Eli Manning, Brady and Ben the only great QBs currently playing in the NFL; using your reasoning? Even thou Ben's first SB win was basically the defense.

This guy is almost as bad as favre got at the end people making him out ot be some deity because he racks up stats. Big frigging deal.
    I believe he doesn't throw as many INTs as Favre, so that is one stat area hes not good at.

Like i said call me when he gets cleared to even practice. He can talk to all the teams he wants he has to pass physicals and all sorts of shit before he comes close to stepping on a field again.
    Even though I provided this, I guess you don't think the Colts Doctor clearing him to you know PLAY is good enough.

Dr. Watkins, according to the sources, joinedColts neurosurgeon Dr. Hank Feuer in clearing Manning to play. One source said that Feuer recently told Manning, "If you were my own son, I'd tell [you] to go play."
    So you think NFL teams will just give him money, without knowing if he ever plays again. I know they are in love w/ Manning, but no team is that stupid.

Here is some more tech for you from those crazy people you might know as Doctors:

A study presented to a 2010 meeting of the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons by Dr. Wellington K. Hsu found 40 players had come back from similar surgery to play in the NFL again.
    But it is media hype and ESPN running it 24/7 that makes people go crazy. Its 50/50 if he will play again IMO.

I will take the bet on him playing again. As for SB, shit Pats were undefeated and lost the SB, and lost again this past year. Injuries and other factors as who is hot going into playoffs are unpredictable. Wait a min, does Brady suck too since he lost 2 SBs??

Thehusker

Manning will visit Cardinals,*too

Posted by Mike Florio on March 9, 2012, 2:57 PM EST

Getty Images
    Peyton Manning is making his first free-agent visit on Friday, spending time with the Broncos.

Adam Schefter and Chris Mortensen report that, before Manning returns to Miami, he’ll visit at least one other team.

The Cardinals.

Mr Handicapable

Jim Plunkett won 2 SBs so he must be a top 5 All Time Great QB? If Elway didn't get Terrell Davis then I guess he'd be a no-name overrated slug too because he wouldn't have any rings?

kgindy
    kgindy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4845

Manning is going to stay in the AFC.

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

here's another one with a lot of geniuses who thought Manning was going to be relevent at his ge and with a broken neck....

First 12