soccerdouglas
    soccerdouglas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Here is Pinnacle's response with no mention of the money from my wins.

Dear Client,

Your ********** deposit, previously reported by ********** as returned have cleared and the funds added to your Pinnacle account.

In most cases, we find this is an oversight by the client regarding their actual bank account balance. For this reason, and since this is the first
    time an ********** deposit was returned, all of your deposit options have been restored to your Pinnacle account Cashier. However, please note that if future ********** deposits are returned to Pinnacle, even if they are later collected, your deposit options will no longer include **********, CC or C&B.

We appreciate you clearing the deposit.
    Kind regards,

Customer Service Department
    Pinnacle Sports

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20513

Quote Originally Posted by soccerdouglas View Post
    Here is Pinnacle's response with no mention of the money from my wins.

simply because there were no wins as there was no real money in your account for your bets

dj_destroyer
    I'm +EV
    dj_destroyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 383

Seems like an instance where no one is wrong.... but who is right?

I don't feel like Pinnacle has to honour the wagers because the deposit never went through; however, I'd be pissed if I were in your shoes.

I say blame the bank even though they were looking out for you.

soccerdouglas

Quote Originally Posted by wantitall4moi View Post

Putting money in by two different methods is suspicious on its own, when one of the transactions doesnt clear it is an obvious flag, so the knee jerk reaction to shut everything down is justified. But if it has been investigated then I dont know why that deposit wasnt refunded. Thats why I say I think thee is more to this than we have heard.
    The reason I used two deposit methods is because I reached the maximum amount allowed to deposit via insta debit per month. And you are basically advocating Pinnacle for applying policies that basically only benefit them and screw the player. I'm sure if it was your money you would be singing a different tune.

soccerdouglas

Quote Originally Posted by fixxer View Post
    Is the 840$ an usual deposit for you? For example if the last 29 deposits were 10-20$-s, I can see why Pinny acted like this.
    If 840$ is not an unusually big ammount amongst the previous deposits, Pinny made a just decision (following their rules) - but an awful business move...one of the differences between good, and A+ bookies is, that how they deal with issues, like this
    840$ is about average or a little less than the average deposit I make.
    Last edited by soccerdouglas; 03-08-12 at 06:46 PM. Reason: "little less"

pitman
    Gmbln isthesureway 2getnothin frm sumthn
    pitman's Avatar Become A Pro!

they free rolled you. Would have been a whole different story had you lost.

soccerdouglas

Quote Originally Posted by pitman View Post
    Exactly all the people who are acting all high and mighty about the rules would be outraged if this had happened to them.

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20513

Quote Originally Posted by pitman View Post
    Of all this planet's bookies, Pinnacle would the very last to be guilty of pulling that stunt.

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

LOL Pinnacle free rolling a guy for 3 grand, get serious.

As for being 'my money'. it wasnt your money either. Had you deposited that on Say Tuesday and Pinnacle had left your account at 0 (where ist actually was, or close to it) then you would be griping they didnt deposit the money immediately. That is exactly why Pinnacle stopped taking US players, banks were not letting anything clear. They could have taken cash and kept going but they didnt want the hassle of sending out 50 dollar checks to anyone who hit a 5 dollar 10 teamer.

Best advice? Keep enough money in there to keep you in action at all times. If this forces you to stop gambling it will probably be a blessing in disguise sounds like you just send send send. More than likely you would have lost it all back anyway. Not a valid argument but the most likely scenario.

The only unanswered question is what about the 214 or 217 or whatever it was, and why that slipped through the cracks originally? Regardless you now have the original amount you were supposed to have if what that email says is correct. So it looks to me like they went by the book.

soccerdouglas

Had I lost, Pinnacle would have demanded payment 100%. And guess what I would've paid them like I have every single time in the past. And its funny how you keep pumping up Pinnacle's past history and reputation but ignore my history with Pinnacle. And you continue to post ignorant comments like how I am a "send, send, send" player. Ever heard of withdrawals?

soccerdouglas

I haven't done anything wrong in this situation, which is why I am adamant about Pinnacle paying me. I realize that it still might not happen but then I want as many people as possible to see how they handle a dispute with a "relatively" small client.

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

Had I lost, Pinnacle would have demanded payment 100%. And guess what I would've paid them like I have every single time in the past. And its funny how you keep pumping up Pinnacle's past history and reputation but ignore my history with Pinnacle. And you continue to post ignorant comments like how I am a "send, send, send" player. Ever heard of withdrawals?
    No they wouldnt, because I am sure THAT has happened more times than what happened to you, and we have never ever heard a single peep from anyone complaining that Pinnacle was going to debit their accounts on future deposits due to losses they incurred on a declined deposit. Get real and use your frigging head.

I am done talking about this my advise take your money out close your account and stop gambling. My last word on it.

soccerdouglas

I'll be just fine without your advice. And I find it interesting that your getting bent out of shape on a subject that doesn't really concern you.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

The "had I lost" argument doesn't fly. That's not the issue. It's a strawman argument.

So many guys trying to free roll books and then come here looking for SBR to negotiate their payout. A couple a day. Not saying this is the case here but something doesn't seem right.

Fa11en
    Fa11en's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3898

Agreed, its very interesting that someone choose to immediately go to the boards as leverage of bad press before hearing back from arbitration. Purely posturing by the OP.

Monte
    Monte's Avatar Become A Pro!

You deserve to not get the winnings, just for going to the board straight away and badmouth the best bookie in the world before they had a chance to clear this up.
    Shows what kind of a person you prolly are, i wouldn't pay you shit, and furthermore i'd also return your deposit and close your account.
    And to the ppl who think Pinny wants to free-roll small potatoes, get real.

blacknwhite
    LAKERS
    blacknwhite's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 277

I also use ********** for deposits, havent had issues with my bank/ pinnacle for deposits or payouts.

It raises concerns for me too, since I seem to do the same things as op =/ it seems very odd that your one deposit bounces when you win though

helpplease
    helpplease's Avatar Become A Pro!

the right and moral thing to do is for Pinnacle to give u ur winnings .. considering the track record u have with em .

If they screwed me like that one thing is for sure .. It would leave a bad BAD taste in my mouth and I would never play there again .. that`s for sure

wrongturn
    Update your status
    wrongturn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3726

With the way Pinny responded, it sounds like they are doing you a favor already by keeping those deposit options open to you (ie. exception to their rules). For all those to think Pinny will lose many customers because of this decision, think about it, where do those pissed off players go? They sure can go to other top service books, like Heritage, but it is not free. You gotta pay for it, with juice.

helpplease

Quote Originally Posted by wrongturn View Post
    With the way Pinny responded, it sounds like they are doing you a favor already by keeping those deposit options open to you (ie. exception to their rules). For all those to think Pinny will lose many customers because of this decision, think about it, where do those pissed off players go? They sure can go to other top service books, like Heritage, but it is not free. You gotta pay for it, with juice.
    betfair , 5dimes .. betislands all very good options

wrongturn
    Update your status
    wrongturn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3726

Quote Originally Posted by helpplease View Post
    betfair , 5dimes .. betislands all very good options
    You can argue Betfair to a degree, but 5Dimes and BetIslands? If you can't tell Pinnacle is much better overall, then I can't help you. Plus, check out the policy regarding to the same issues on these places, you are sure you will get better treatment there?
    Last edited by wrongturn; 03-09-12 at 09:35 AM.

pitman

I'm sorry but this has happened to me, using instadeb. Guess what I lost. Balance was negative. Recieved emails from instadeb's fraud department. Paid Instadeb, they paid book, negative balance was zero'd out. Did I recieve my initial deposit that did not clear? No I owed Instadeb for my bank's fault, and Instadeb owed book for failed transaction.
    Needless to say , I have stopped using instadeb. free transactions are great but was not worth the risk IMO.

pitman

95% sure it was with pinnacle

soccerdouglas

I don't know why people are saying I came straight to the boards. I waited two weeks after the money had been taken from my account. I emailed them non stop for the first week then I started a dispute with SBR. I was getting nowhere so I decided to create this topic. I didn't want to go to the boards because I knew I had a feeling I would get criticized. If you don't want to take my word for the details on the case, you can ask SBR because I have provided them with everything including screenshots of my Pinnacle transactions and bank statement.

soccerdouglas

Another thing I am not trying to bad mouth Pinnacle, I am simply trying to state my case. In fact I was happy with their service before this dispute. I have taken out my original deposit because I am not going to post a penny until they pay me. I would play there again if they are able to resolve this situation. Of course I would use a different method to deposit. Waiting 7 days is nothing comparred to the hassle that I've had to go through.

helpplease

Another thing I am not trying to bad mouth Pinnacle, I am simply trying to state my case. In fact I was happy with their service before this dispute. I have taken out my original deposit because I am not going to post a penny until they pay me. I would play there again if they are able to resolve this situation. Of course I would use a different method to deposit. Waiting 7 days is nothing comparred to the hassle that I've had to go through.
    I had troubles with Pinnacle earlier in the week too , but my problem was different and resolved in about a day .. there Customer Service just SUCKS and is stupid though in my opinion .. they give u very robotic copy paste answers and they have no Phone # to call ..

Pinnacle is overrated in my opinion .. sites like Betfair and 5dimes are far better in my opinion .

5dimes lets u parlay props and basically everything and anything .. with REDUCED juice and many times they even have better odds then Pinnacle .. only downside might be that 5dimes will limit u sometimes .. they also have a Phone number u can call for CS

betfair is a very good site too in my opinion and they don't limit u from what I hear and they have a phone # u can call for CS unlike Pinnacle

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

Very unfortunate situation for what seems like a player with honest intentions. This used to be a common issue in the age of eChecks. We don't see it as much now. The case has always been the sender is responsible for the funds getting there. Your bank was your processor just as a book has their processors they are responsible for when something goes wrong. Since those eChecks days SBR advised players to wait for the transaction to clear before making their wagers. A player could take shots at books when their accts were NSF or they knew their transactions would be reviewed or held back. Pinnacle has no obligation to pay on bets where no funds were risked.

To the argument that Pinnacle would ask for the funds if the player wins. Even if that was the case, the player wouldn't be forced to pay obviously. It would be up to him to decide how much he valued his Pinnacle account. The book would almost never get that money. Having the opportunity to make bets this way, what is virtually a few days of a credit line, has a trade off that if you screw it up, you can put yourself in a bad spot.

KEdge2k
    KEdge2k's Avatar Become A Pro!

If this guy has a long history of legit deposits with no issues with Pinnacle (i.e. no history of shot taking), Pinny really should pay him his winnings. It does seem unfair that Pinny is operating under an assumption that any failed deposit is automatically the fault of the player, and I disagree strongly that it is irrelevant what would happen if the deposit went through and the player lost the deposit. I find it very hard to believe that Pinny wouldn't throw a negative balance on him and say he needed to settle up before playing. This is an example of clear, one-sided shot taking by a book, even if they may have legitimate justifications for why their rule exists as constituted.

KEdge2k
    KEdge2k's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dozer View Post
    Very unfortunate situation for what seems like a a player with honest intentions. This used to be a common issue in the age of eChecks. We don't see it as much now. The case has always been the sender is responsible for the funds getting their. Your bank was your processor just as a book has their processors they are responsible for. Since those the *************** days we advised players to wait for the *************** to clear before making their deposits. A player could take shots at books when their accts were NSF or they knew their transactions would be reviewed or held back. Pinnacle has no obligation to pay on bets where no funds were risked.

With that in mind Bill, would you then support Pinny zero'ing a balance for a player in a similar situation who deposited and lost their initial deposit that was returned NSF? I am under the understanding that Pinny (and most books) would throw a negative balance on the player in that situation. How can that possibly be considered equitable?
    Last edited by KEdge2k; 03-09-12 at 12:36 PM. Reason: Clarifying question

SlickRick1382
    If hustlin' is a must; be Sosa, not Tony
    SlickRick1382's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11517

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dozer View Post
    Very unfortunate situation for what seems like a player with honest intentions. This used to be a common issue in the age of eChecks. We don't see it as much now. The case has always been the sender is responsible for the funds getting there. Your bank was your processor just as a book has their processors they are responsible for when something goes wrong . Since those eChecks days SBR advised players to wait for the transaction to clear before making their wagers. A player could take shots at books when their accts were NSF or they knew their transactions would be reviewed or held back. Pinnacle has no obligation to pay on bets where no funds were risked.
    I agree with you except the fact that if the books miss a payment to their customers, they aren't penalized. Just like when 5Dimes had issue with processors awhile back and people weren't getting their money, the onus is on them to resolve the issue obviously but they carry no penalty for their mishap where as the player does.

But this is obviously a touchy subject, unfortunate case ...

mh217
    mh217's Avatar Become A Pro!

its quite obvious pinny thinks they are god's gift to gamblers..and they dont value the customer as they should....freakin scumbags..i hope they pay you, but it seems like they could care less.

Wesley Snypes
    Wesley Snypes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4546

Quote Originally Posted by mh217 View Post
    its quite obvious pinny thinks they are god's gift to gamblers..and they dont value the customer as they should....freakin scumbags..i hope they pay you, but it seems like they could care less.
    Terribly naive posts in this thread. Do you clowns realize the precedent it would set? Why should a book have to pay here? Because he deposited with them that way in the past and it was all good? Sounds like the suggestion is you get to take a free shot every once in a while if you help pay the bookies mortgage.

Digo
    Digo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 399

o0 The end is near...

allin1
    Update your status
    allin1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Maybe if they (pinny) make an exception in this case they could quickly become a target for every fraudster on the globe. That is a gamble no book should want to make. The OP was very unlucky in this case if he had no bad intentions. Better luck next time!

mh217
    mh217's Avatar Become A Pro!

lol you guys are clowns..you talk about taking shots but the guy said he is a regular player, not a first timer...so many people on here are so worried about a billion dollar book...lol what a joke..defending a sportsbook...LOL..wait till the day some bullshit happens to one of you...some clerk puts a bet in wrong and you confirm it cause you didnt realize..they send you a payout and you deposit it and the check bounces a week later and several other checks in your acct bounce cause of it...they stall you on a payout...you lose 10 grand and then when you wanna withdraw they got you running around like a lil cornball photocopying your ************ front and back and your id, just to get your own money...etc.. fuk all books....anyone that defends any book needs a serious reality check..they are in the business of destroying lives and you morons are defending em...comical!!

First 1234 Last