baskets
    Poster of the Month Twice a Month
    baskets's Avatar Become A Pro!

Will LUCK ..... NOT! be a stud in the NFL?

If the guy turns out to be even with Cutler, the Manning decapitation will be one of the dumbest moves in sports history.

Something about Luck tells me he's not going to be a super stud in the NFL.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

It wouldnt surprise me if Luck turns out to be a bust

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

guy is overrated. He wasnt even the best QB in his conference

oiler
    oiler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2500

maybe another ryan leaf

zoo youk
    zoo youk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1197

I doubt Peyton ever plays football again....seriously if he takes one wrong hit to that neck he could be paralyzed, hes being extremely foolish for even putting on the pads again. I'd say he retires. Redskins will throw huge money at him..he wont play for a franchise like that...the Jets will try everything but he wont play for Rex. only ideal situation would be Houston.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9776

he has all the tools, its just that he will be on the colts with a bad team

He could get beat up and be david carr

Redskins are not good for manning

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Peyton is going to the Texans so he can stick it up the Colts ass

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

schuab probably going to end up on redskins

Mjh702
    Mjh702's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Never liked manning but am looking forward to cheering for the guy to make Indy pay for cutting him.

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

odds are he isnt going to be anything good or maybe even a complete waste. When was the last time a highly touted QB actually made a difference? And how many are already gone from the game?

matthew Stafford is probably the most 'successful' highly touted guy to come out in the past decade and he isnt that great. Injury prone and still makes dumb decisions.

Then you have guys like Matt Leinart, (although he fell to 10th or so) Vince Young (who rose), That guy the Raiders took first overall that isnt even playing anymore...russel I think, Sanchez taken after Stafford. Matt Ryan was taken 3rd overall but wasnt hugely touted, but he is decent. Bradford was taken number one with almost as much hype as Luck has been getting but he has only 2 years and he missed half this last year with an injury so he might never be any good. He was mediocre but on a shitty team so hard to say. But as usual the 'sophomore jinx' hit him before he got hurt. Then of course Cam newton this past year but to expect him to come close to what he did this year next year is ridiculous. I would expect another Vince Young type regression, without the nervous breakdown though. But he was on a very shitty team so he was seen as some great QB he set a lot of rookie records but mostly because the NFL gave up playing pass defense and everyone stopped running the ball anyway. He had 21 TD and 17 INTs that is what matter the most.

But basically the 'odds' of a guy being really really good or a complete bust are almost exactly 50/50. But a 60/40 chance he is at least serviceable. Whether or not serviceable is good enough is the main question.

antifoil
    Update your status
    antifoil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6611

the title has really weird punctuation

Rich Boy
    Rich Boy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1106

Odds are against him being another Peyton Manning, and unfortunately for him, he will always be compared to Peyton since he will be technically replacing him.

I say he will probably be a bust, most of these high draft picks cant play under pressure. I say never draft a QB or RB in the first round, not worth the risk.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

He'll be a solid qb. Unfortunately he'll be playing with a team that has little talent around him. Judge him after 3 seasons.