will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

Draftstreet scoring is very interesting--I want to share my experience

As an American, I like the legality of fantasy league. Fan Duel offer more contests with the bigger prizes but the rake is higher.

I didn't fare well because if you don't pick everything perfectly, you end up on the short end of the stick. The two reasons why i played there was for "action" and the possibility of big prizes. Let me tell you folks, even 10-20 dollars per day adds up.

I went to Draftstreet. Their prizes are lesser and unless you're in a small league, there's less opportunity. With Draftstreet, you have to master the way that scoring is processed. Points (scoring a basket) aren't the most important approach in choosing a player. You want an all around player. If a star player like Joakim Noah scores 9 points, you can still have a good score with the rest of his production.

Draftstreet also tells you how much "time" (players remaining to play) that you have left on your roster for the night in comparison to the rest of the competitors. The overall layout is so much more professional than Fan Duel.

Now I'm not saying "don't choose Fan Duel" because sometimes people need action. I'm just saying that Draftstreet gives you a better chance to win and I feel like my money is safe there.

Good luck. Take my approach. I guarantee you more success.

BTW--I've had more success in 10 Draftstreet contest than 100 Fan Duel ones(Fan Duel is like a lottery ticket)

Noles1992
    Noles1992's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25530

I also like that draftstreet has better research options on each player. Matchups, injury report, last 20 games played etc.. I have used all 3 fantasy sites fanduel, draftstreet, Joust and find each to have its plus and minuses. I personally have found it helpful in handicapping games in hoops and bases also.
    GL to You!

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9605

scoring system on all those sites suck, greedy taking so much money. Doj will go after them someday. WE all know its gambling

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    scoring system on all those sites suck, greedy taking so much money. Doj will go after them someday. WE all know its gambling

It's a contest. Just like a rotiserrie league. How is it like gambling? Certain amounts are taxed. That makes the government happy. TT: you're incorrect in your assessment

stevek173
    stevek173's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5940

You can do the thing where it's you and another player one on one.

Pretty cool and you don't have to be as perfect.

Noles1992
    Noles1992's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25530

I always find the 50/50 games to be safe also.