darkhat
    darkhat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

Bret Favre Speaks Out About Saints Bounty On Him

Favre has spoke out about playing the saints in the 2009 NFC Championship game, and the bounty they had out on him..

Bret said.“Now, in that game there were some plays that, I don’t want to say were odd, but I’d throw the ball and whack, on every play. Hand it off, whack. Over and over. Some were so blatant. I hand the ball to Percy Harvin early and got drilled right in the chin. They flagged that one at least. I’ve always been friends with Darren Sharper, and he came in a couple times and popped me hard. I remember saying, ‘What THE hell you doing, Sharp?’ I felt there should have been more calls against the Saints. I thought some of their guys should have been fined more.”

Little more BS at the link.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ming-to-light/

Dutchie
    Dutchie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 165

i'm not concerned about it, beyond it minimally being a salary cap issue. Do I really think that the extra 5 or 10k would lead some of these players making 12 million a year to change their style? not really. I'm sure some sorta "sticker pool" with sticker rewards could motivate them just as much.

its gladiators at there, they are gonna find any and every way to motivate themselves to do battle up to 100% and use any exogenous substance or motivational tool to get them to the proverbial 110%

Blackroc78
    Blackroc78's Avatar Become A Pro!

SEAHAWKHARRY
    Northern Lights
    SEAHAWKHARRY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2385

Saints ruined farve and warner two of NFLs greats...hope they get death penalty
    player suspensions...coach suspensions.....1st round draft picks taken away salary cap reduction and 1,000,000 dollar fines

fukk em

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Brees should be a true leader and volunteer to stand on the 50 yard line in NO and let either a linebacker or safety get one clean shot starting from the 35. The Drew and the issue can both be squashed

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

It did seem like he was on his back more than Bibi Jones during that game, but the offensive line could have done a better job keeping him upright. And if he thought there was something dirty going on, they would have retaliated.

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchie View Post
    i'm not concerned about it, beyond it minimally being a salary cap issue. Do I really think that the extra 5 or 10k would lead some of these players making 12 million a year to change their style? not really. I'm sure some sorta "sticker pool" with sticker rewards could motivate them just as much.

its gladiators at there, they are gonna find any and every way to motivate themselves to do battle up to 100% and use any exogenous substance or motivational tool to get them to the proverbial 110%
    from what i've heard most players treat their $300-$400 per diem meal money like they struck gold, i'm sure they were salivating over even as little as $1K, these are the same guys that leaving 10% tip when they are at a restaurant is like pulling teeth

PickWinnerAllDay
    I'd never gamble again for Taylor Swift
    PickWinnerAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchie View Post

These guys go broke... they definitely wanted the extra cash.

jhack704
    jhack704's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1443

ya i watched that game knowing they were dirty and out to hurt him, they knew they couldnt beat him otherwise

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's amazing the effect cash has. You feel like a champion when you have 1k in your wallet but 10k in your bank account doesn't seem to matter.

3PtShooter
    3PtShooter's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16173

i think most NFL defenses do it,,,just different ways