Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

Texans Resign Arian Foster

His new deal is worth up to $43.5 million, with $20.75 million guaranteed. He'll make $18 million in base salary next season, plus incentives. 5 year deal. I give credit to both sides here. The Texans were proactive and didn't wait for him to hit free agency. Arian Foster made his piddly half a million dollars last year, and didn't complain. I'll take this kid over Chris Johnson any day of the week.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

e is 10x better than Johnson

Issue with RB's are injuries

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3241

Heard on ESPN that Mario Williams probably will become a free agent. Guess the Texans decided Foster was more valuable than Williams.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

Williams is willing to take some type of hometown discount to stay in Houston. The only problem is that they have so little cap room, that they probably can't even offer him that. They still have to sign Myers on the O'line. It might have been approached differently if the defense didn't work well last year, but they did fine without him. I hate to see him go because he proved himself during all the "draft Reggie Bush" stuff, and the city of Houston loves him to death, but business is business in the NFL. I just hope the Patriots don't sign him. That would make it harder for the Texans to get farther in the AFC next year.