probettor1
    probettor1's Avatar Become A Pro!

The good streak syndrome.

The "good streak syndrome". This is common to many bettors, you have a good streak and suddenly you start to dream big, the word "work" becomes an enemy as you think that work is holding you back. You feel like a billion dollar man. And believe or not as happy as you are, your bookie is even happier. Why? because they know that out of your confidence come the willingness to bet higher amounts of money and even worse, you are being hooked in the gambler fallacy.
    I myself had a streak of 27 wins and 4 loses in my very beginning as a bettor. I was very happy but not too crazy as I used to play dice and I got 15 aces in a row once. You know what are the chances of 15 aces in a row? If not mistaken it is 1 in 470184984576. I probably played under 10 000 games throughout my life. So don't feel to cocky for winning a few bets. You still have a 99% chances of being a loser in the long run.
    Points Awarded:

paranoyd androyd gave probettor1 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: nick86

probettor1

The reason I posted this thread is because most people here talk like if they were winners. Some are just liars, others are part of the "The good streak syndrome". If not how are the bookies making billions over the years?.
    There is a 1% that are a winner for real but I dont think that winners have time to hang out here that much.
    Last edited by probettor1; 03-02-12 at 05:46 PM.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Is this another term for variance

probettor1

I'm talking about the gambler psicology not about variance. Thanks for posting.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Sounds like grandiose delusions in which the bettor believes he has special talents in regards to picking winners. This could be linked to a schizophrenic or manic-depressive. Most bettors have multiple personality or delusional disorders.

probettor1

kraken you probably dont even know what a good streak is as you never had one. The people on good streaks starting in the betting world might think and experience things you have never lived nor will you ever live.

baskets
    Poster of the Month Twice a Month
    baskets's Avatar Become A Pro!

incredible insight that has never been thought of before.

did you go to Harvard?

probettor1

No, I didn't but I did got a doctorate degree. Did you get one?. Yes my post sound awkward but most people here talk like they are winners and is well known that 99% are losers.
    Last edited by probettor1; 03-02-12 at 11:43 PM.

probettor1

I understand that you get mad because I'm reminding you that you are a loser. I might be wrong but I'm 99% sure that you are a loser.

baskets

lol, most doctoral candidates/leechers are pompous fukks who have no experience in the real world. and you sound EXACTLY like one of them. you sure you shouldn't be trolling in the Think Tank comparing calculator sizes with fellow Topologists?

why not add something of value rather than being a pompous moron?

here's a tip: THINK JOE MONTANA! he was the best QB of his era but he didn't walk around saying 'lick my balls, look at my Super Bowl trophies and MVP's' ...... ie, what you're doing right now

moreover, if you think what you're saying is some kind of original thought, you must be one of the most limited "doctors" I've ever come across.

baskets

nope. not mad. just annoyed by your pomposity... plus, what you've stated... lol, you act like you're Kepler and you're on to something.

please carry on, genius

probettor1

You guys ask me if i went to harvard? dont ask what you dont want to know.

probettor1

You get my post out of contex, it was in response to a some people pretending to be winners and rich. I just made it a new thread for all people pretending to know more that the rest of us as there are too many of those here.

Romanov
    Diapason Knells
    Romanov's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

dont need ju *****, get tfo

Megatron81lions
    Megatron81lions's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 118

Seems like probettor is getting killed. He thought sports betting was his new career then got buried. Now he comes here to make fun of people like him?

brettels
    brettels's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16

Quote Originally Posted by probettor1 View Post
    No, I didn't but I did got a doctorate degree. Did you get one?. Yes my post sound awkward but most people here talk like they are winners and is well known that 99% are losers.

probettor1

This is true. I was killed. Fortunally, I have a carreer and I haven't quit as a sport bettor yet. I just learned that I will need help to do so. I will get there. I didn't lose a bankroll, I just bet the money I make during my overtime.

probettor1

Funny thing 99% of you has been killed or will be kill sooner or later. So, yes i'm making fun of 99% of the people here.

baskets

lol

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

No, I didn't but I did got a doctorate degree.
    who is you? who learned you how to spoke? yous got a phd (player haters degree) froms the ghetto university of school of hard knocks? yous got some good ejumacation son.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

I was killed... I haven't quit as a sport bettor yet.
    call ga and stop posting on sbr, do it for your mommy.

probettor1

You know what, you all are right, I have had a really bad streak and I have been very fustrated. This really happened to me. I started paying the most expensive handicappers out there only to lose, then I went by myself and had the best streak I could ever dream, i became too cocky myself and I sarted to best most days to lose all I won. During my good streak I was very picky, I would bet once a week or even less handicapping 4 hours per day. And yes I found great games to bet. I will tell a couples of them: Charles Oliveira vs Miller, the under was +160 and charles oliveira had 13 fights with only 1 decision. His jujitsu is the most impresive I have ever seen and has a great punching power, extremly agressive, Miller also very dangerous and agressive. Miller won in the first round. The other One was xavier vs Oral in basketball college, Oral was underdog +5.5 and Xavier has the best players out due to suspension caused for a brawl in their last game Xavier lost 64-42. leznar vs Overeem under was an easy one too. Both fighter were commited to finish the fight, leznar had been extremely sick and had no kick boxing skills at all fighting a kickboxing world champion as strong as him self or probably stronger. Add to that that Overeem guarateed to finish the fight under the second round and encourage his fans to bet that he would win in the first round. Overeem won his las 9 fights in the first round after gaining 40 pound of muscle mass, the only one being a desicion was vs werdum that stay on his back most of the fight while overeem was waiting for him to stand up. Sorry to take my fustration to the forum. I was talking to my self mainly and wanted to share my experience. Just telling people dont get too cocky. Yes I've been a Jerk here, most of the time by the way. Thanks for the critics. It helps.

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage
    keyboarding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 972

Never fukking heard of you, pal.

Megatron81lions
    Megatron81lions's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 118

Emotional breakdown?

probettor1

Yes. Frustration. Sorry. Bad day.

Tree Rollins
    Tree Rollins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1029

You know what, you all are right, I have had a really bad streak and I have been very fustrated.
    Come on now man, you can't spell psychology or frustrated...Time to give up the 'doctorate' angle.
    Last edited by Tree Rollins; 03-03-12 at 01:48 PM.

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

good thread pts awarded

probettor1

Is not like I kill anyone guys. I already said sorry. Bad thread. I get it. Go and listen Joel osteem if you need positive comments only.

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11842

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    who is you? who learned you how to spoke? yous got a phd (player haters degree) froms the ghetto university of school of hard knocks? yous got some good ejumacation son.
    Does probetter1 have a Phd?

YES +15000
    NO -20000

probettor1

Ok, foxx you are kind of right, I have a doctorate degree, but not an american one. So yes, I'm kind of full shit I guess.

probettor1

Does it makes any difference? here is about winning picks, not having a dregree. I said that winning a few picks dont make you a pro. Why all the anger?. Is that wrong statement? Too many people here pretend to be a pro. Is that a lie?

probettor1

I Think I'm a jerk, really, I was feeling bad for all my posts making you guys angry but now again I think that half of the people here have the good streak syndrome and the other half are just losers pretending to be winners. If your life time balance as a bettor is positive you are in the first half, otherwise you are in the second half. The more I read posts here the more professional bettors I see. Bookies are making a fortune. Who is paying your winning bets. Medicare?

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

love this guy

baskets

shanty's cousin... no doubt!

probettor1

Basket can you say something smart, funny, useful, new or out of the ordinary so i can award you a point, I feel bad you see your betpoints basket empty after doing 3782 post, shit, it is like see you being thirsty while swimming in a river. Talking about bad money management.

12 Last