Ralphie1412
    You Come at the King You Best Not Miss
    Ralphie1412's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1209

So everyone agrees, the new layout blows

Change it back.....its awful. What is the upside if everyone doesnt like it?

smoke a bowl
    smoke a bowl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14472

This shit is the bomb yo.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1830

we should have a vote

3PtShooter
    3PtShooter's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16221

kinda looks like craigslist

Boscoe
    Boscoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 494

remove the massive amount of white space on each post and add the "back to forum" link at the bottom and i'm good with it.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: RonPaul2008

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Boscoe View Post
    remove the massive the massive white space on each post and add the "back to forum" link at the bottom and i'm good with it.
    Both of those are being implemented. We appreciate all of the feedback --- good, bad, or indifferent.

Ralphie1412

Lou whats the point of all this?

tblues2005
    tblues2005's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7184

Lou thank you for listening to us. I see improvements and if you make some minor changes it will be alright.

smoke a bowl

It's the fukin bomb Lou. Screw these crybabies.

Blondie
    Blondie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 73

Quote Originally Posted by smoke a bowl View Post
    It's the fukin bomb Lou. Screw these crybabies.

I have noticed over the years not everyone like change, but most get use to it over time and then are fine with it. It's all about learning how to adapt
    Points Awarded:

JAKEPEAVY21 gave Blondie 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Kindred

smoke a bowl

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie View Post

I have noticed over the years not everyone like change, but most get use to it over time and then are fine with it. It's all about learning how to adapt
    A bunch of spoiled brats over here Blondie. Reminds of people that complain at a 5 star steakhouse that the steak sauce don't taste more like A1.

blackbeSSt
    blackbeSSt's Avatar Become A Pro!

change is fine......if its warranted. lou, can you give me 3 reasons why the sbr team felt this was a needed change. and the "many requests to fix the search" doesn't count

Swinging Johnson
    Swinging Johnson's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5614

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Lou View Post
    Both of those are being implemented. We appreciate all of the feedback --- good, bad, or indifferent.

Lou doesn't appreciate any negative, know this. He's taking names.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by tblues2005 View Post
    Lou thank you for listening to us. I see improvements and if you make some minor changes it will be alright.
    You got it.

You may remember the calling for blood after the last forum upgrade, folks back then begging for the old original SBR skin. Style preferences aside, you're now using a speedier, more efficient software that's equipped with a rock-solid searching mechanism and is intermingled nicely with the rest of the SBR network of sites.

There will be many small changes coming over the next couple weeks to improve the user experience in both the regular forum and mobile. Thank you for all of the feedback to this point.

smoke a bowl

I can remember how irate my mom was 30 years ago when they brought computers into her work environment for the 1st time. "What the fuk is this? We've been doing this on paper all our lives. Why do we need this shit now?" Everyone is scared of change. RIP Mom.
    Points Awarded:

SBR Lou gave smoke a bowl 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Blondie gave smoke a bowl 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: SBR Lou

baskets
    Poster of the Month Twice a Month
    baskets's Avatar Become A Pro!

OP is right. this blows

this is not a scenario where 'oh, I'll get used to the change'. it is flat-out ugly and non-friendly in it's appearance

it's like visiting a house that's for sale but the garage door is busted off and there is a huge in the front of the house

Kindred
    Bitcoin=Freedom
    Kindred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 473

This is much faster than the old layout, I couldn't be happier!

The old forum was very sluggish this upgrade has fixed that

The new odds layout took me a few days to adjust to and it's way better than the old layout. At first I hated it, but now don't know how I put up with the old layout so long. I think all the complainers just need a day or so to adjust.

Blondie
    Blondie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 73

I can remember how irate my mom was 30 years ago when they brought computers into her work environment for the 1st time. "What the fuk is this? We've been doing this on paper all our lives. Why do we need this shit now?" Everyone is scared of change. RIP Mom.
    These guys are tame though you gotta admit. I have seen a lot worse over the years in regards to complaints about change

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

its like driving through a snow storm. im afraid i might hit a baby carriage.

smoke a bowl

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie View Post
    These guys are tame though you gotta admit. I have seen a lot worse over the years in regards to complaints about change
    You don't think I'd have the balls to talk to real men like this do you?

Ralphie1412

How was the old forum "sluggish?"

I never experienced one problem.....sounds like its time to upgrade your 1991 Macintosh.

MC PICKS
    Update your status
    MC PICKS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 265

This is awful.

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

don't have a problem with it, but people are always going to bitch about any minor change in life..

blackbeSSt
    blackbeSSt's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie1412 View Post
    How was the old forum "sluggish?"

I never experienced one problem.....sounds like its time to upgrade your 1991 Macintosh.
    as much as it sucks, i agree with ralphie.

im on a 100mbps connection with a computer runnin 8gb ram and an i7 3.6ghz cpu. i have a 2 year old version of FF and i have yet to see any speed differences.

pitman
    Gmbln isthesureway 2getnothin frm sumthn
    pitman's Avatar Become A Pro!

I miss all the soothing blue that used to be....

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5350

I don't like that you can't hit players talk at the bottom of the thread anymore.

Edit by SBR Lou:
    Yes, this is a good one. That's going to be readded.
    Last edited by SBR Lou; 03-01-12 at 11:20 AM. Reason: added reply

smoke a bowl

Quote Originally Posted by neverstoppers23 View Post
    don't have a problem with it, but people are always going to bitch about any minor change in life..
    Word.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's like African Child, I love it. I brush my teeth to it.

smoke a bowl

Quote Originally Posted by pitman View Post
    I miss all the soothing blue that used to be....
    LMsmokeabowlFAO if you want soothing go to a massage parlor. The blue was rather soothing though.

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

At least it made some of us lurkers post again.

mrmarket
    Update your status
    mrmarket's Avatar Become A Pro!

The change from paper to computers increased productivity and efficiency exponentially. There was good reason for the change. What reason is there for this change? We are told it's an improvement on the back end and for mobile. So far loading speeds have been the same or slightly worst for me. All posts I've read said that if there is any improvement on mobile viewing it's negligible at best. But it looks slick at least so much for functionality!

But of course it's the fault of the us dinosaurs complaining. We just don't like change. I think it's more apropos that we don't like poorly thought out (see post spacing, white color scheme, layout etc.) and implemented change. The forum is made for the user base but was any consulting or testing done to gauge reaction beforehand or was it just lets put this out there and they will have to like it? So how's the reaction so far?

A lot of the complaints come from people that enjoy the forum and spend a good amount of their time on it and want it to succeed. People may not want to hear the criticisms about their work but it does not change the fact that it was better off beforehand.

And valid criticism is a lot better than brain dead sycophantic ball guzzling. I swear SBR could shit on someones face and there would be posts saying "please sir may i have another turd I love this place so much!!!" Posters need some backbone to speak up when something is changed for the worst.

smoke a bowl

Quote Originally Posted by mrmarket View Post
    The change from paper to computers increased productivity and efficiency exponentially. There was good reason for the change. What reason is there for this change? We are told it's an improvement on the back end and for mobile. So far loading speeds have been the same or slightly worst for me. All posts I've read said that if there is any improvement on mobile viewing it's negligible at best. But it looks slick at least so much for functionality!

But of course it's the fault of the us dinosaurs complaining. We just don't like change. I think it's more apropos that we don't like poorly thought out (see post spacing, white color scheme, layout etc.) and implemented change. The forum is made for the user base but was any consulting or testing done to gauge reaction beforehand or was it just lets put this out there and they will have to like it? So how's the reaction so far?

A lot of the complaints come from people that enjoy the forum and spend a good amount of their time on it and want it to succeed. People may not want to hear the criticisms about their work but it does not change the fact that it was better off beforehand.

And valid criticism is a lot better than brain dead sycophantic ball guzzling. I swear SBR could shit on someones face and there would be posts saying "please sir may i have another turd I love this place so much!!!" Posters need some backbone to speak up when something is changed for the worst.
    I hear ya yo. I guess some people's shit is other peoples treasure. The old software was too blue and hurt my eyes. This one is white and roomy. Out with the old in with the new.