Sportsbetting123
    Sportsbetting123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

Hilarious but he will barely play

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

Quote Originally Posted by Tree Rollins View Post
    What are you talking about? Since when was Gasol ever going to be traded to Cleveland? Wait, don't tell me that you think the Lakers are planning to get Sessions by trading Gasol for him? That can't be what you mean, but if it is then you don't have a clue what you're talking about.
    Who else can they trade? Luke Walton? Steve Blake? Derek Fisher? They dont have anyone worth anything to anyone to trade away. Other than gasol so if they want a PG what are they going to have to trade to get one? Even a guy like Sessions.

Lakers are in a different position for them. If they are really desperate (which I doubt) they have to over pay for guys. I want to know what kind of crazy multi team trade people are thinking that will somehow get the Lakers to only trade Gasol, McRoberts, some other stiff to get Sessions and someone that can be as good as Pau is. It just doesnt exist. At least not one that will be approved by the league.

As I said if Lakers are just dumping salary they trade Gasol for Sessions, and whatever else they can add up to equal what gasol is making. Lakers still have a mis level they cant even give away right now. I hope they arent wasting that on some guy off the trash heap, or even Player Zero.

Lakers can do a lot of things, I think the first thing theyre trying to do is dump salary, that is the most sensible thing getting rid of Gasol does. It makes them a worse team, but it saves them money. They sign Arenas for the rest of the year for peanuts if they cant get Sessions in a gasol trade and move forward. I think lakers are basically trying to get 4 or 5 teams involved matching salaries and going for Sessions and Michael Beasely and probably someone else. I somehow doubt that can be done with what Lakers have to offer, neither is all star material or even starters for that matter, but I doubt league is going to allow a single guy, even an all star guy like Gasol to be traded for 2 or 3 pieces of a team.

There are 19 days left, when your team only has 3 legit players (all stars to boot) and a bunch of stiffs it is very hard to get any deals that can make you better, even with one guy for multiple guys. But Lakers have looked at anyone and everyone trying to get guys as cheap as they can, so to me theyre looking to save money and retool either next year or maybe the year after.

Laker fans just arent used to that, lakers rebuilding that is. While most think trading Gasol is a a move to make them better, I think it would be (if it happens) a clear cut salary dump and getting a couple legit bullets to use in trades later on down the line. That would basically triple the number of guys anyone could want in a trade off this team.

Thing is signing these other stffs (wallace or arenas)no one wants makes zero sense. They arent going to make yu better and they arent going to be worth anything in trades.

There is a door number 3, Wilson Chandler, was thought he was clearly going back to Denever, but he has talked to a couple teams, whether lakers are one of them is really unclear, but I would imagine they have at least sent out a feeler. since he has a choice they probably have no chance at getting him, but there is the remotest of possibilities if they sell him a scenario they can make him believe. Which I doubt they can.

RGG
    RGG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

What a waste of money, the guy is a bum/washed up.

Tree Rollins
    Tree Rollins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1029

Quote Originally Posted by wantitall4moi View Post
    Who else can they trade? Luke Walton? Steve Blake? Derek Fisher? They dont have anyone worth anything to anyone to trade away. Other than gasol so if they want a PG what are they going to have to trade to get one? Even a guy like Sessions. Lakers are in a different position for them. If they are really desperate (which I doubt) they have to over pay for guys. I want to know what kind of crazy multi team trade people are thinking that will somehow get the Lakers to only trade Gasol, McRoberts, some other stiff to get Sessions and someone that can be as good as Pau is. It just doesnt exist. At least not one that will be approved by the league. As I said if Lakers are just dumping salary they trade Gasol for Sessions, and whatever else they can add up to equal what gasol is making. Lakers still have a mis level they cant even give away right now. I hope they arent wasting that on some guy off the trash heap, or even Player Zero. Lakers can do a lot of things, I think the first thing theyre trying to do is dump salary, that is the most sensible thing getting rid of Gasol does. It makes them a worse team, but it saves them money. They sign Arenas for the rest of the year for peanuts if they cant get Sessions in a gasol trade and move forward. I think lakers are basically trying to get 4 or 5 teams involved matching salaries and going for Sessions and Michael Beasely and probably someone else. I somehow doubt that can be done with what Lakers have to offer, neither is all star material or even starters for that matter, but I doubt league is going to allow a single guy, even an all star guy like Gasol to be traded for 2 or 3 pieces of a team. There are 19 days left, when your team only has 3 legit players (all stars to boot) and a bunch of stiffs it is very hard to get any deals that can make you better, even with one guy for multiple guys. But Lakers have looked at anyone and everyone trying to get guys as cheap as they can, so to me theyre looking to save money and retool either next year or maybe the year after. Laker fans just arent used to that, lakers rebuilding that is. While most think trading Gasol is a a move to make them better, I think it would be (if it happens) a clear cut salary dump and getting a couple legit bullets to use in trades later on down the line. That would basically triple the number of guys anyone could want in a trade off this team. Thing is signing these other stffs (wallace or arenas)no one wants makes zero sense. They arent going to make yu better and they arent going to be worth anything in trades. There is a door number 3, Wilson Chandler, was thought he was clearly going back to Denever, but he has talked to a couple teams, whether lakers are one of them is really unclear, but I would imagine they have at least sent out a feeler. since he has a choice they probably have no chance at getting him, but there is the remotest of possibilities if they sell him a scenario they can make him believe. Which I doubt they can.
    I'm not going to read all this but to answer your initial question, it's been pretty common knowledge and widely reported that it would take no more then a 1st rounder to get Sessions, along with the TPE. If they don't use the TPE, then a 1st rounder, Mcroberts, and a small contract.

Where in the world did you get the idea that the Lakers were ever considering giving Cleveland Gasol? You're the only person i've ever heard mention that ...You are so not clued into what's going on man. Which is fine, but don't act like you are. I mean, if you think a deal centered around Gasol for Sessions is even a possibility then you seriously have no clue what you're talking about.

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Is wantitall joking? Pau for sessions? they can get sessions for a first round pick.

Not sure why everyone is so up in arms, he's not going to play major minutes or anything.
    Last edited by zsr; 02-25-12 at 04:40 PM.

darkhat
    darkhat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

Pau for sessions.. yah that would EVER happen LOL

Frozenropes25
    Frozenropes25's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 437

now they for sure out of championship contention

lotterypick05
    lotterypick05's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 144

It's a good pick up. I don't know what the hell y'all are talking about. They need a PF that plays physical for situational duty. If you think the Lakers are done making moves this year you haven't paid much attention to them for the last few years.

wantitall4moi

you guys all fail to understand Cleveland doesnt need first round picks they have plenty of their own, so why trade him for one? Thyer e already a young teams so getting a valid all star veteran would be their goal. Not many teams are willing to trade that sort of guy away except the lakers. Cleveland doesnt NEED to make any trades, Lakers do (at least in the opinion of most people), therefore Cleveland is in the much stronger position. You dont think they have offered the types of deals everyone is talking about already? Of course they have, cleveland has also turned them down since they havent been done or even rumored.

Lakers have been shopping Pau to anyone and everyone for who knows what. The fact that it has hit the front page of the rumor mill shows how hard they have been trying to sell him. So much so that to people with sources it is common knowledge and so much so that Kobe had to go out of his way to make a public statement (noncommittal as it was) and the team has tried to use it as a rallying cry against management.

If Lakers getting Sessions was as simple as McRoberts and a first rounder it would have been done weeks ago. Gasol will be part of any trade that takes place if it does you can bet on that. Lakers I am sure have been frantically trying to get enough pieces through enough teams to make it work, which is why the gasol stuff has become front page news all of a sudden. Obviously Gasol for Sessions isnt a 'fair' trade, but it gets the lakers a young PG (and a tradeable asset) it also probably gets them another semi decent guy whom they can also use as trade bait. But more importantly it dumps a lot of money off their books.

As it is lakers cannot make a single solitary trade that makes them better than they are right now. Not one. No team anywhere is going to trade a legit player or even a respectable one for a conditional first round pick and some stiff the Lakers gtot because no one else wanted him in the first place, and hasnt shown enough to build his value even a little bit.

You guys are dreaming. Mcroberts isnt worth shit, and that first round pick the lakers have isnt worth much either as Dallas is in about 8th place overall so that makes that pick around the 20-24 range depending on where they finally finish. So as a first rounder it isnt worth hardly anything either.

Tree Rollins
    Tree Rollins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1029

you guys all fail to understand Cleveland doesnt need first round picks they have plenty of their own, so why trade him for one?
    They are rebuilding dummy. They already have a young starting PG why keep a $5.5M backup when you can get a 1st round pick in a loaded draft? Like i said, the inside sources have been saying for months that Sessions can be had for a 1st round pick. I'm telling you man, you seriously have no idea what you're talking about here. Pau to Cleveland for Sessions? Anyone who knows even a little about the NBA understands how nonsensical that is. I could write one of your diatribes to explain it to you, there are literally a dozen reason why you are flat out wrong, but you are to far gone to even put that much time into it.

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm sure wantitall has to be joking, right

Can he be this stupid?

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

La will never be a clipper town if its done properly. If stern interferes and makes that happen then no one can do anything.

showtiime
    Update your status
    showtiime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5853

Quote Originally Posted by zsr View Post
    I'm sure wantitall has to be joking, right

Can he be this stupid?
    I'm trying to pick up sarcasm but I think he's serious.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

hopefully he cn get some timely technicals

wantitall4moi

Quote Originally Posted by Tree Rollins View Post
    They are rebuilding dummy. They already have a young starting PG why keep a $5.5M backup when you can get a 1st round pick in a loaded draft? Like i said, the inside sources have been saying for months that Sessions can be had for a 1st round pick. I'm telling you man, you seriously have no idea what you're talking about here. Pau to Cleveland for Sessions? Anyone who knows even a little about the NBA understands how nonsensical that is. I could write one of your diatribes to explain it to you, there are literally a dozen reason why you are flat out wrong, but you are to far gone to even put that much time into it.
    I never said it would be a straight up deal. Obviously that wouldnt work. But I am also saying no way in hell Sessions is gotten by the lakers for a first round pick. If he could have he would already be playing right now. Lakers WANT to trade gasol. That is pretty clear, they just have to work it out salary wise. he is drastically over paid so getting him out and enough salaries back is nearly impossible. Why do you think he is still with the lakers? Guy is making almost 19 million a year. How many guys make that much?

Bottomline is lakers are a franchise in serious trouble. Especially when it comes to salaries. They over paid guys a lot, the new CBA is killing them and going to kill them. Kobe with 45 million lft on the books isnt helping either. You guys can talk all you want about TV deals that is not all Laker money and you can bet your ass on that too. Once they get the first pay check from it the league will be there for their share along with all the other small market teams.

Like I said way back when. Lakers should stand pat tank the season stockpile picks and rebuild that way. It is obvious no one wants toplay with Kobe so getting any legit guy will be impossible. They cant really trade players because they have nothing worth trading. Kobe is overpaid and too old and a douche so really no one wants him. Gasol has a few years left and is legit but his salary is a major issue, thats why he is stil in L.A. they moved Odem after the paul deal fell through in a weekend. Bynum doesnt make an extreme amount of money so he is the only real viable asset they have in terms of player personnel. But he has baggage as well. Injury prone and a lot of dirty plays and very immature.

So when you look at it all Rasheed Wallace actually fits into this bunch pretty well it is basically a team of misfits.

Jerry west is gone so he cant gie them players anymore. He was a better GM for the Lakers than Kupcake is even after he left.

Franchiseis a mess right now, amazing how fas a team can fall once key SMART people are gone. Philip is gone, strike one, West is gone strike two, and although he wasnt really basketball smart Jerry buss knw what types of people ot surround himself with, so him leaving is strike three.

Jim Buss is in charge, he single handedly got Anrew Bynum to the lakers that was 100% him. So he thinks he is a genius and knows more than eveyrone else because he took a high school kid with the 8th overal pick that is regarded as the second best big man in the game. But considering there are only maybe 5 pure centers that is almost a oot point. But regadless he is Jerry Jones now. An owner who thinks he knows everything. While he couldnt be worse than Kupcheck he still isnt a real GM. So now you have warring factions within the team and that never ends well.

Players should keep their mouths shut no matter who they are. Kobe spouting off is just him trying to do what he does, play to the media. But he wants gasol gone too. I would bet you on that as well.

In the end all these guys, Session, Beasley, Chandler, the odds of LA getting any of them is less than 25% I would say. That is why they are looking at Gilbert Arenas, and rasheed wallace. Why I have no idea. Arenas MIGHT make them slightly better, but only because they are so shitty.

I hit the nail right on the head with this team when I said that as they were constructed they were a borderline lottery team. despite having 20 wins and sitting in 5th right now theyre still no shoe in for the play offs, but they know that if they do make it that would be worse than finishing 9 or 10 and getting another first round pick. 3 all stars and a bunch of scrap heap guys is not nearly enough to do anything. lthough most teams with 3 great guys do a little better. But if anything that shows how either these guys are severely over rated on their own or they dont have the ability to make others around them even a little better.

darkhat
    darkhat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

I never said it would be a straight up deal. Obviously that wouldnt work. But I am also saying no way in hell Sessions is gotten by the lakers for a first round pick. If he could have he would already be playing right now. Lakers WANT to trade gasol. That is pretty clear, they just have to work it out salary wise. he is drastically over paid so getting him out and enough salaries back is nearly impossible. Why do you think he is still with the lakers? Guy is making almost 19 million a year. How many guys make that much?

Bottomline is lakers are a franchise in serious trouble. Especially when it comes to salaries. They over paid guys a lot, the new CBA is killing them and going to kill them. Kobe with 45 million lft on the books isnt helping either. You guys can talk all you want about TV deals that is not all Laker money and you can bet your ass on that too. Once they get the first pay check from it the league will be there for their share along with all the other small market teams.

Like I said way back when. Lakers should stand pat tank the season stockpile picks and rebuild that way. It is obvious no one wants toplay with Kobe so getting any legit guy will be impossible. They cant really trade players because they have nothing worth trading. Kobe is overpaid and too old and a douche so really no one wants him. Gasol has a few years left and is legit but his salary is a major issue, thats why he is stil in L.A. they moved Odem after the paul deal fell through in a weekend. Bynum doesnt make an extreme amount of money so he is the only real viable asset they have in terms of player personnel. But he has baggage as well. Injury prone and a lot of dirty plays and very immature.

So when you look at it all Rasheed Wallace actually fits into this bunch pretty well it is basically a team of misfits.

Jerry west is gone so he cant gie them players anymore. He was a better GM for the Lakers than Kupcake is even after he left.

Franchiseis a mess right now, amazing how fas a team can fall once key SMART people are gone. Philip is gone, strike one, West is gone strike two, and although he wasnt really basketball smart Jerry buss knw what types of people ot surround himself with, so him leaving is strike three.

Jim Buss is in charge, he single handedly got Anrew Bynum to the lakers that was 100% him. So he thinks he is a genius and knows more than eveyrone else because he took a high school kid with the 8th overal pick that is regarded as the second best big man in the game. But considering there are only maybe 5 pure centers that is almost a oot point. But regadless he is Jerry Jones now. An owner who thinks he knows everything. While he couldnt be worse than Kupcheck he still isnt a real GM. So now you have warring factions within the team and that never ends well.

Players should keep their mouths shut no matter who they are. Kobe spouting off is just him trying to do what he does, play to the media. But he wants gasol gone too. I would bet you on that as well.

In the end all these guys, Session, Beasley, Chandler, the odds of LA getting any of them is less than 25% I would say. That is why they are looking at Gilbert Arenas, and rasheed wallace. Why I have no idea. Arenas MIGHT make them slightly better, but only because they are so shitty.

I hit the nail right on the head with this team when I said that as they were constructed they were a borderline lottery team. despite having 20 wins and sitting in 5th right now theyre still no shoe in for the play offs, but they know that if they do make it that would be worse than finishing 9 or 10 and getting another first round pick. 3 all stars and a bunch of scrap heap guys is not nearly enough to do anything. lthough most teams with 3 great guys do a little better. But if anything that shows how either these guys are severely over rated on their own or they dont have the ability to make others around them even a little better.
    LOLOLOL how do you write so much. Insane.

First 12