onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4627

Quote Originally Posted by zsr View Post
    Didnt they have that one year? Or was that a horse game? I remember them doing something
    I don't remember anything like that.

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post

I don't remember anything like that.
    Just checked, it was horse. They did it 2 years and then that was that.

21 would be fun.

dynamite140
    dynamite140's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 38325

He would be embarrassed if he lost.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1824

Quote Originally Posted by freeVICK View Post
    It will never happen, but I would love to see them add a 1v1 tourney to the all star weekend. Dont think anyone could beat lebron, but how sick would it be to watch a 1 on 1 matchup between rose and howard or something like that. 8 man tourney, fans pick players and seeds
    They won't do it because it will hurt their image.

This is something they would be more scared of than the dunk contest.

Any top 10 star has nothing to gain by beating someone lower but everything to lose.

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

more chances of being hurt playing 1vs1
    people use that excuse for not doing the dunk contest

lebron shud never comment about the dunk contest ever again
    this is something that he definately shud have done, NO EXCUSES
    Last edited by jsmithj88; 02-25-12 at 03:54 PM.

k13

Quote Originally Posted by RL75 View Post
    LeBron is a great dunker, that's a fact. Problem is he's the only great dunker to have never stepped up and competed in the dunk contest.

Larry Nance
    DR J
    Clyde Drexler
    Michael Jordan
    Dominique
    Kobe Bryant
    Tracy McGrady
    Dwight Howard
    Amare' Stoudemire
    Vince Carter

All those guys were great dunkers in their time and all competed at least once in the dunk contest. LeBron has dodged it out of fear, there's no other explanation. Great shooters have never had problems competing in the 3 point contest, I don't know why we always get stuck with relative no names in the dunk contest. Chase Buddinger, Derrick Williams, and Jeremy Evans? I hadn't even heard of Jeremy Evans. At least Paul George is a budding star.

Most "stars" skipped the dunk contest in recent times and those guys would too in their prime now.

You put Kobe on the list, he was a nobody at the time, unproven young player that's why he entered.

Jordan and Nique would get laughed out of a HS gym with their dunks, that's how weak they look.

Has Wade, Iverson, Garnett, etc. been dunk contests? Why not?

zsr

For every wade or Garnett that didn't do it, you have Howard and griffin who did do it.

He should have at least done it once. And coming out saying he's going to do it, then backing out, is a joke. But that's what we've come to expect from Lebron.

jsmithj88

I always lol when people say that Cleveland team wasn't any good. Really? How did they have 66 wins? How did they have the best defense? Everyone just looks at names. He really should do the dunk contest, he's obviously afraid he'd lose and it would hurt his image.
    lebron is the type of player where u drop him on any team and they will improve not only their win total but their defense. that team is prolly a .500 or so team without lebron and mediocre defensively

zsr

Quote Originally Posted by jsmithj88 View Post

lebron is the type of player where u drop him on any team and they will improve not only their win total but their defense. that team is prolly a .500 or so team without lebron and mediocre defensively
    Of course any top 10 player will improve a team, but they didn't win 66 games because of one guy, they didn't have an elite defense because of one guy.
    Last edited by zsr; 02-25-12 at 04:43 PM.

jsmithj88

You can say that for any top 10 player though. They didn't win 66 games because of one guy, they didn't have an elite defense because of one guy.
    i disagree, 1 guy can make u a great defensive team, look at the magic, top 5 in defense the last 5or6 years
    its dwight howard that has the biggest impact
    cleveland is in the bottom 3rd in the nba the last 2 years since lebron left
    that team was was top5, top10 in defense

u take kobe, durant, rose off their teams, and i doubt they will drop very much from their defensive numbers. esp in durants case, i think his team is very suspect on D and hes not exactly a great defender
    one of the main reasons i feel lebron has a big impact on defense is a great rebounder, help defender and 1on1 defender

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

There is absolutely nothing to gain by an all nba caliber player winning the dunk contest. It is for up and comers or down and goners. Hell, times change, the boxing heavyweight champion used to be the most recognized athlete in the world, now most don't know or care who he is anymore. Same with the dunk contest, who won 3 years ago, it doesn't even matter.

zsr

I was going too add, dwight Howard is the one player in today's game that will make you an elite defensive team just by his addition.

Comparing Cleveland during lebrons days and last year is just foolish obviously. Roster turnover, injuries, etc.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

All the Lebron hate and discrediting is funny.

zsr

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    All the Lebron hate and discrediting is funny.
    I didn't think what I'm saying is hating, I'm just saying, for people to say a team that won 66 games, top defense, top 3 offensive rebounding, etc was bad is obviously laughable.

He's a great player, but to say he's the reason they dominated the regular season, and his teammates are the reason he never won a title in Cleveland is comical.

jsmithj88

I was going too add, dwight Howard is the one player in today's game that will make you an elite defensive team just by his addition. Comparing Cleveland during lebrons days and last year is just foolish obviously. Roster turnover, injuries, etc.
    cant argue with u there. i think a dominant center will always be the centerpiece of ur offense and defense.
    so ur team will go as they go. but lebron is also the only one that i can remember that has a similar impact as a dominant center.

Full Time Hobo
    In a Box
    Full Time Hobo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3676

Probably better off that he isn't in it.

It would be all that ESPN would talk about all week whether he won or lost.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

I didn't think what I'm saying is hating, I'm just saying, for people to say a team that won 66 games, top defense, top 3 offensive rebounding, etc was bad is obviously laughable.

He's a great player, but to say he's the reason they dominated the regular season, and his teammates are the reason he never won a title in Cleveland is comical.
    Not hating, but you are discrediting him.

k13

dynamite140
    dynamite140's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 38325

he embarrased

First 12