bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 506

Man they blow whistles late in the NBA nowadays!

Watchin this Boston/OKC game is unreal

Dribble to the basket....shot....missed....defensive rebound...second goes by....WHISTLE!

Am I wrong or isnt the whistle supposed to be blown at the time of the foul?

YouHave2outs
    YouHave2outs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

my thoughts exactly. in the first 9 minutes of this game there have been 4 times that the refs have waited for a shot to miss before blowing the whistle.

Tree Rollins
    Tree Rollins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1029

I'm pretty sure they tell that refs that there is nothing wrong with taking an extra second or so to blow the whistle if you need to think about it for a sec...I heard that on a broadcast onetime. The guys are so fast in the NBA, i can see how it would sometimes take a second to register everything that just happened.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

Durant got fouled a few minutes ago and they waited for him to lie on the ground to blow the whistle.

I think the refs are waiting to see if the ball will go into the hoop. If he makes the shot then they won't call the foul in that situation. Makes for very late whistles.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Refs in this game are horrible.

Naz18
    Naz18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1940

Stern gave them the green light to be horrible....

Megatron81lions
    Megatron81lions's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 118

I'd be mad if I took Boston too guys

YouHave2outs
    YouHave2outs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron81lions View Post
    I'd be mad if I took Boston too guys

haha i didn't take either team or the total (Besides extremely small bet on 1h o94.5). i am commenting on the game i am watching.

good luck with ur okc bet though. cool post.

do you not notice that many times a game refs wait to see if the shot will go in before blowing the whistle even though people get hacked, when in other instances they will immediately call touch fouls and watch an easy continuation layup?

Tree Rollins
    Tree Rollins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1029

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Durant got fouled a few minutes ago and they waited for him to lie on the ground to blow the whistle. I think the refs are waiting to see if the ball will go into the hoop. If he makes the shot then they won't call the foul in that situation. Makes for very late whistles.
    Yeah now that i don't agree with. The 'wait to see if the shot goes in or not'...that's bogus. If you need a second to process everything that just happened, ok, but if you're waiting to see if the damn shot went in, that's bs.

Refs do that crap at all levels of basketball and it drives the players nuts.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Who gives a fukk
    A foul is a foul

bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 506

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Durant got fouled a few minutes ago and they waited for him to lie on the ground to blow the whistle.

I think the refs are waiting to see if the ball will go into the hoop. If he makes the shot then they won't call the foul in that situation. Makes for very late whistles.
    Its worse than that, they are waiting to see if the shot goes in, then if the other team secures the rebound, I mean come on

BTW was that a 28-2 run OKC just went on, holy shit these Celtics couldnt beat a YMCA team