andywend
    andywend's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

Warriorfan, you live in Northern California and only like the over on the Giants because they are a Northern California team.

You would probably love the over at 97 1/2 wins.

"Printing free money", LOL.

KingJD31
    KingJD31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7042

love how he says andres torres had 1 good year than next sentence praising the rotation lincecum cain vogelsong bumgarner also pablo sandavol had 1 very good year he strikes out so much giants are worse than dbacks thats a fact they will compete for wildcard though

doylfish
    doylfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9805

Better bet would be to take sox over 89.5

F I mean, they won 90 with that epic September collapse last season. If they want anything at all to do with the playoffs, they're going to have to win low-mid 90 games coming out of the AL. Thats regularly the magic number that gets it done. I just don't see where the team has changed this season enough to not at least get back to 90 again. Buchholz will be back pitching and between him, lester, Beckett that will be strong 3. Anyone will be better than lackey and we all knew wake's best days were well behind him. Catching should be stronger with more salty, less tek (meaning none at all), and some shoppach. Right field is better just by drew being gone and Crawford certainly has to improve on his year last year in left. Key points will be how much does jacoby regress, can Ortiz keep up his stats, and does gonzo hit for more power now that his shoulder should be strengthened after a good offseason of being able to prep it properly

Highness
    Highness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Quote Originally Posted by doylfish View Post
    Better bet would be to take sox over 89.5
    Insanity. They have 1 great pitcher, 1 good pitcher, and who knows about the other 3 starters. Beckett is due for some serious regression from last year, Bucholz hasn't pitched in a year, and the other two they trot out will probably rank among the worst in baseball.

Highness

Quote Originally Posted by KingJD31 View Post
    love how he says andres torres had 1 good year than next sentence praising the rotation lincecum cain vogelsong bumgarner also pablo sandavol had 1 very good year he strikes out so much giants are worse than dbacks thats a fact they will compete for wildcard though
    bumgarner's 1 good year put him amongst the elite of the elite. it's near impossible to fluke your way to that. none of his peripherals indicate any coming regression to compare him to andres torres is beyond laughable

KingJD31
    KingJD31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7042

Quote Originally Posted by Highness View Post
    bumgarner's 1 good year put him amongst the elite of the elite. it's near impossible to fluke your way to that. none of his peripherals indicate any coming regression to compare him to andres torres is beyond laughable
    it is beyond laughable that you are saying bumgarner is in cliff lee roy halladay david price sabathia's class bumgarner is gonna be good but that 1 year put him in the elite of the elite lolllll just stop please get a clue on baseball

Highness

Quote Originally Posted by KingJD31 View Post
    it is beyond laughable that you are saying bumgarner is in cliff lee roy halladay david price sabathia's class bumgarner is gonna be good but that 1 year put him in the elite of the elite lolllll just stop please get a clue on baseball
    buddy, he was 4th in FIP last year. the only pitchers ahead of him were halladay, kershaw, and lee

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

guessing you are a giants fan. every fan over-rates the value of there team, so i wouldn't quite say its that easy. they had a lot of problems last year, and posey is certainly going to help but who knows how well he is going to preform.

warriorfan707
    SBR Poster of the Milennium
    warriorfan707's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bumgarner is a stud and will really break out this year

INVEGA MAN
    INVEGA MAN's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11934

I'm all over this. How can it lose? Should have winner by middle august

Highness

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan707 View Post
    Bumgarner is a stud and will really break out this year
    lol this year? you mean finishing 4th in FIP last year wasn't a breakout and it pales in comparison what is going to be a "real" breakout this year? right

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Highness, how different usernames do you have? You always have an opinion about bases though. I'm just waiting for the "IKnowWhatYouDon't" handle.

Robber
    Robber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 92737

One good season in a pitchers park is not elite of elite

warriorfan707

He had a good year in 2010 also, was just called up late

Dominated in WS

very poised and mature for a 22 year old

Kid is completely emotionless

dodger33
    Kershnasty
    dodger33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

Lincecum can't beat Kershaw. Hope you have those losses calculated into your pick.

doylfish

Insanity. They have 1 great pitcher, 1 good pitcher, and who knows about the other 3 starters. Beckett is due for some serious regression from last year, Bucholz hasn't pitched in a year, and the other two they trot out will probably rank among the worst in baseball.
    Insanity is if you really think the sox won't win 90 games this year and I'll put any amount of points bet on it if you're that certain. All homerism aside, for a team to start 2-10 and finish 7-20 last season there was some serious talent and winning baseball being played otherwise. That 9-30 record is a .300 winning clip while everything in between was .658. That isn't something manufactured and their losing was obviously very attributed to clubhouse issues which can be assumed will be a lot different this year.

Unlike the giants, it doesnt matter who the red sox trot out there at 4 and 5 because they will have the top offense or very close to it again. You say they might rank among the worst in baseball. So what? They were at the bottom last year too and still won 90. That is my point. Scoring runs wins games and their pitching is in no way going to be worse than it was last year.

Would I liked to have seen the Sox get Michael Pineda? You bet. Would I swap rotations with Tampa? In a second. Doesn't matter though. Just like a good offense can mask a bad defense in the NFL, the sox will be right there with the best of them based on their top 3 alone.

I'm glad no one is picking them to win the world series this season because honestly what changed since the beginning of last season when every expert and their mother was? We lost Lackey. Who cares. Probably better without him. Scutaro is gone, again, who cares, he raised his BA almost .30 points in september when everyone else was stinking out the joint besides him and Ellsbury. Too little too late. Papelbon gone, yet to see if that hurts, but let's see how happy the phillies are with his deal if he reverts to a carnival scene every time he comes in for a save again circe the previous couple seasons before last year. Drew is gone, finally. While he was serviceable (and overpaid) the first couple seasons of his deal his last year was the worst yet. Good riddance. New manager, also good, the worst culprit of them all is Francona who allowed all that clubhouse crap to go on in the first place. Not only will the sox score runs in bunches with their power, but will finally be able to manufacture runs with Valentine at helm, one of Francona's big downfalls.

Like I said, if you're so certain though, bet me on it. And quote this post for posterity. I may be a sox fan, but I'm also logical enough to know that they will be scoring runs in bunches this year no matter what their pitching holds right now.

Highness

Quote Originally Posted by doylfish View Post
    Insanity is if you really think the sox won't win 90 games this year and I'll put any amount of points bet on it if you're that certain.
    sorry man i wager in dollars not points

doylfish

yeah, what do you think my wager is in

not wagering cash over sbr though. don't even know you.

typical. people like to run their mouths and can't even back it up with 'free' betpoints. guess you don't plan on having this ghost handle that long

greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

How much are you willing to bet?

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 463

Quote Originally Posted by zoo youk View Post
    Pagan will hit about .260, Sanchez is always hurt...has only had two good years in his career..1 when he won the batting title and the other he was decent when they won WS. Sandoval will hit .240-.250..same with Huff, Cabrera and Belt.

They should make a line on Sandoval over/under 299.5 pounds on opening day

Over

warriorfan707

Quote Originally Posted by EmpireMaker View Post
    They should make a line on Sandoval over/under 299.5 pounds on opening day

Over
    Under on that would be the lock of all time

He will not have a roster spot if he shows up as a balloon again

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Dodgers raping that ass this year warrior... Giants 15 minutes are up..
    Points Awarded:

dodger33 gave King Mayan 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 463

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan707 View Post
    Under on that would be the lock of all time

He will not have a roster spot if he shows up as a balloon again

http://media.photobucket.com/image/p.../panda.jpg?o=4

Diamond Hustler
    Diamond Hustler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 340

Only Seattle scored fewer runs than the Giants last year... I'd say 88 wins is a tough request from a team in the basement offensively and who will likely finish 3rd or 4th in the NL West this year.

warriorfan707

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Hustler View Post
    Only Seattle scored fewer runs than the Giants last year... I'd say 88 wins is a tough request from a team in the basement offensively and who will likely finish 3rd or 4th in the NL West this year.
    you

zoo youk
    zoo youk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1197

^^^^^^^^^^^^

no but really that is what everyone is doing at you

Dutchie
    Dutchie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 165

how old is fast freddy "club foot" sanchez now

Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Hustler View Post

warriorfan707

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchie View Post
    how old is fast freddy "club foot" sanchez now
    Him staying healthy will be key

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6858

I can take them at Over 86.5 wins... Ill put $10 on it and forget about it

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

best pitching staff in baseball...sanchez and posey back from injury...SFG will be in WS

warriorfan707

People forget how awesome that bullpen is too.

305GURU
    305GURU's Avatar Become A Pro!

Rarely bet futures, but think its solid..GL

warriorfan707

Giants are gonna score a ton of runs this year... this is even better than I thought. Imagine if Zito has a good year and does what he did yesterday.

Look out for young Hector Sanchez. I am telling you this kid is going to be one helluva hitter. It may only be a matter of time before Posey is moved to first and he gets a lot more playing time. Huff can move to left and Belt to the bench until he learns how to hit.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

(7-6) through 13 games

Plenty of ink left in printer

First 123 Last