freebetpicks
    freebetpicks's Avatar Become A Pro!

New Mexico / CSU

Looking for a late winner. Talk to me. I am really leaning CSU +5.5, but a bit worried thats a sharp line from what I am looking at.

Thoughts?

greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

What was the score in the first matchup?

JR007
    JR007's Avatar Become A Pro!

looks like it opened at 7, did not colo st pull a big upset recently ??

greenhippo

Recently in January.

GoBlue23
    Penetrate
    GoBlue23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3169

Quote Originally Posted by greenhippo View Post
    Recently in January.
    What impact does that have on tonight?
    Last edited by GoBlue23; 02-21-12 at 09:37 PM.

greenhippo

I was answering a question?

GoBlue23
    Penetrate

Gotcha

Jago2008
    SoCal Living
    Jago2008's Avatar Become A Pro!

This is an UGLY shooting game, both teams not shooting above 35% in any category, balls flying all over the place, New Mex started 1-7 on 3's. New Mexico will win going away if they start to knock down some of these 3's.

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14709

Am I to understand that GOBlue puts absolutely no value on past performances?
    College teams change completely over four year periods but, he's talking about this Jan.
    Like less than a month ago.
    Doesn't mean they're gonna win for sure but it has to mean something in some context.

greenhippo

Quote Originally Posted by Jago2008 View Post
    This is an UGLY shooting game, both teams not shooting above 35% in any category, balls flying all over the place, New Mex started 1-7 on 3's. New Mexico will win going away if they start to knock down some of these 3's.
    Exactamundo, NM's D is doing exactly what it needs to. Just need to get the offense in rhythm, hopefully halftime did the trick.

GoBlue23
    Penetrate

Quote Originally Posted by Jayvegas420 View Post
    College teams change completely over four year periods but, he's talking about this Jan.
    Doesn't mean they're gonna win for sure but it has to mean something in some context.
    So explain CSU winning SU at half to me please

Home court is extremely valuable this year the the MWC Past performances can sometimes be indicative of certain information...but if you bet on a short road fav simply because they beat the same team by 30 at home earlier in the year your bankroll will not last long. BOL bro

greenhippo

lolz at NM not being able to not throw it away 3 times a minute.

greenhippo

and they're not even being pressured, literally throwing the ball to Colorado players.

PickCityz
    PickCityz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Turnovers like crazy. Cant hit threes.

UpsetSpecial09
    UpsetSpecial09's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 58

anyone have a link?

CMNoney
    CMNoney's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6389

Quote Originally Posted by UpsetSpecial09 View Post
    anyone have a link?
    http://www.justin.tv/sportzzworld38#/w/2647531744/...

Really need CSU to pull this out to finish 3 team parlay.

convick
    convick's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3683

Quote Originally Posted by GoBlue23 View Post
    So explain CSU winning SU at half to me please

Home court is extremely valuable this year the the MWC Past performances can sometimes be indicative of certain information...but if you bet on a short road fav simply because they beat the same team by 30 at home earlier in the year your bankroll will not last long. BOL bro
    Home court is valuable in college hoops ALWAYS. Has been that way forever. Not sure where you've been.

This was a bad spot for UNM, the typical "letdown" spot. That being said, SDSU beats the Rams by double digits with ease this Saturday.

GoBlue23
    Penetrate

Quote Originally Posted by convick View Post
    Home court is valuable in college hoops ALWAYS. Has been that way forever. Not sure where you've been.

This was a bad spot for UNM, the typical "letdown" spot. That being said, SDSU beats the Rams by double digits with ease this Saturday.
    Agree 100%. Was just trying to educate people that making a play on Team A AS A SHORT ROAD FAV OFF AN EMOTIONAL RIVALRY GAME simply because they beat team B by 30 pts earlier in the year is not a good idea.

When did I say home court wasnt important? Was simply stating that cases like this have occurred quite frequently in the MWC this year.

UpsetSpecial09
    UpsetSpecial09's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 58

not only are NM bad, they are STUPID!

idiot fouls away from the ball when the shooter missed, what a fukin dunce!

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!

How do I explain them winning 1st 1/2?....Well they scored more points.
    It wasnt because of your rationale or anyone elses. Weird that you asked me to explain that in hind site.
    When I read quotes like this....
    Was simply stating that cases like this have occurred quite frequently in the MWC this year.
    I have to ask, "What about the cases like these that haven't occoured frequently?"
    I'm not saying it hasn't happened more often than not, I don't know. I guess I'm saying that I don't think you know this either.
    I do get your point though.....Don't make a wager on the basis that a short road fav won by 30 ONCE before, I just don't think you can discount past performances vs the same team especially when it was 3-4 weeks ago.

Now, that I'm drunk & gave away all my OSU money to NM I am trying to decide where the better advice pre-game is coming from.
    As the saying goes.
    A smart man believes only half what he reads, a brilliant man knows which half to believe!

TheLock
    TheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7931

Quote Originally Posted by Jayvegas420 View Post
    You're fade material until further notice

GoBlue23
    Penetrate

No offense here bro, but I'm not gonna do you're research here to prove myself. When you have time...go and look and MWC teams schedules and results.

However, a prime example happened in CSU's last game against Wyoming. Wyoming defeated CSU by 19 in Jan, yet CSU won the rematch straight up. Every situation is different...just trying to help

darrell74
    darrell74's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19456

Chaos in Albuquerque guys.
    We are upset and bruising.

Haven't had a drink in weeks, and tonight I had a few because it was that disappointing. We wanted this badly and we knew the last 3 were cake walks before the MWC tourney.
    We're upset knowing that we will struggle to get an advantage in the MWC tourney knowing that the showgirls get the homecourt, every year.

Kicked out of bars, friendships wounded, it was that kind of bad shit in our little part of the country.
    Tonight hurt.

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!

I don't see why I would be offended by anything you have written.
    I am here at SBR looking for help, so I get you there.
    I was just confused as to why anyone would lay a wager on a game then say, "I don't think it matters what has happened to that team in the past week or months?"
    At least, it is factors like this that I base my picks on.

Besides isn't the MWC regular season just a great big preamble to U.N.L.V. winning the title?!!!