WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Carmelo is in a lose/lose situation in NY

If the Knicks win, it'll always be because of Lin and in spite of Carmelo. If they lose, it's because Carmelo came back. He'll demand to be traded soon. He can't win either way.

WvGambler

I think this is a shame. The NBA is definately more exciting with a force in NY, but e media and NY fans are setting Carmelo up to fail. The guy is being crucified, in my opinion, and doesn't deserve it....at least not yet.

mp5070
    The Michael Scott Company
    mp5070's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7789

Trade Melo n Chandler for Dwight and 1 Round Pick....

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Knicks would love to get rid of him but the issue is no one wants him

smarotta09
    smarotta09's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10427

no1 wants him??? i know alot of teams that would gladly take him..the nets being 1

vyomguy
    vyomguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Knicks would love to get rid of him but the issue is no one wants him
    dumbest statement ever....all 32 teams would be lining up for him.

But agree to the fact that carmelo isnt a team-first guy. He is selfish. He doesn't make his team better.

PickWinnerAllDay
    I'd never gamble again for Taylor Swift
    PickWinnerAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by vyomguy View Post

But agree to the fact that carmelo isnt a team-first guy. He is selfish. He doesn't make his team better.
    I think there are a few teams that wouldn't want him actually. The Bulls wouldn't want him because his defense is still bad despite what people are saying about it improving and he needs the ball too much and that would kill the Bulls' past first approach.

smarotta09
    smarotta09's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10427

ill bet the bulls would still want him..the defense of that team might rub off on him.. carmelo anthony is the 1 thing the bulls are lacking

onacloud
    onacloud's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by smarotta09 View Post
    ill bet the bulls would still want him..the defense of that team might rub off on him.. carmelo anthony is the 1 thing the bulls are lacking
    Bulls would not want him at all it would ruin all the chemistry on that team because the bulls are a TEAM not a one man show like everyone thinks

Thibodeau would quit on the spot.

PickWinnerAllDay

Quote Originally Posted by onacloud View Post
    Bulls would not want him at all it would ruin all the chemistry on that team because the bulls are a TEAM not a one man show like everyone thinks

Thibodeau would quit on the spot.

Heard an interesting rumor actually today.... Boozer/Watson/Gibson for Pau Gasol.

I'm on board as a Bulls fan if we can somehow keep Gibson, but I doubt the Lakers would do it.

WvGambler

Lots of teams would want Carmelo. Still an elite player AND he hasn't proven that he can't adjust to a Lin based offense....everyone just wants to act like he has.

Holdin Aces
    Holdin Aces's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

Quote Originally Posted by mp5070 View Post

Trade Melo n Chandler for Dwight and 1 Round Pick....
    I like this but I would take Redick instead of the 1st round pick.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

No and his salary is way too much to be at best a 500 type player and a team killer

NBA not looking for guys like him

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11490

Quote Originally Posted by WvGambler View Post
    The guy is being crucified, in my opinion, and doesn't deserve it....
    He was traded to NY it was a big deal - he was celebrated, was going to usher in a new era, etc. etc. etc.

What happened was the Knicks continued to suck and Denver blossomed.

Now some nobody comes from nowhere and brings some life where 'Melo brought none?

He makes zillions and delivered nothing to the W/L.

F him.

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

he is going to ruin the roll the knicks had going.

KingJD31
    KingJD31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7042

theres alot of idiots who dont no anything about basketball like espn and some ppl on this forum carmelo is the best player on the knicks by farrrrr i dont want to hear hes not a team first player hes got kobe skills alot of ppl think knicks are better with bill walker as starter those ppl need to stop talking about sports right now

Preston09
    You eat pieces of shit for breakfast?
    Preston09's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

Melo is all about his headband and shooting sleeves looking nice and neat.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Quote Originally Posted by KingJD31 View Post
    theres alot of idiots who dont no anything about basketball like espn and some ppl on this forum carmelo is the best player on the knicks by farrrrr i dont want to hear hes not a team first player hes got kobe skills alot of ppl think knicks are better with bill walker as starter those ppl need to stop talking about sports right now
    They just won against the Mavs... that crappy ass team with Dirk who just won the title. But they couldn't beat the Nets with him in there???? (no offence to Nets fans) He needs to pick it up and adjust to justify his $85mill contract now. This team starts to lose now = Melo is the cause. That's it.

PickWinnerAllDay

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    They just won against the Mavs... that crappy ass team with Dirk who just won the title. But they couldn't beat the Nets with him in there???? (no offence to Nets fans) He needs to pick it up and adjust to justify his $85mill contract now. This team starts to lose now = Melo is the cause. That's it.
    In the defense of Melo, the Nets had this game circled...

And a determined Deron Williams = scarier than Dirk IMO.

Ask the 2005 Arizona Wildcats how safe they feel in the elite 8 with a 15 point lead, 4 minutes left, and facing a determined Deron Williams.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Quote Originally Posted by PickWinnerAllDay View Post

In the defense of Melo, the Nets had this game circled...

And a determined Deron Williams = scarier than Dirk IMO.

Ask the 2005 Arizona Wildcats how safe they feel in the elite 8 with a 15 point lead, 4 minutes left, and facing a determined Deron Williams.
    Realistically, I won't blame it on Melo and don't think anyone should. But they will. And that's natural. They beat the Mavs. And everything was clicking and if they don't sort it out, he'll take the fall (not jobwise obv because they can't sack him) but in the media. He's one of the best players in the league and it'll take a bit of time to not only adjust to having a PG but he's just coming back. However we're all fickle. If they don't win now, he's going to get caned.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

there are not 32 teams in the league and like jj said he is a team killer, Antawn Jamison, Carmelo Anthony, Vince Carter in that order the 3 biggest team killers in the league.

KingJD31
    KingJD31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7042

ppl say iverson one of the most selfish players ever he took one of the worst teams ever to nba finals lins not gonna keep this up so melos not going anywhere nor should he

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

"hey, jeremy lin nice swimming!...man you sure can float...hey, could you just hold this anchor for a minute?...thanks boss."

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

He got paid max money, zero loses for Anthony and he is laughing. The joke is on anyone but him.

YorkHunt
    I JUST RELEASED
    YorkHunt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1507

This is lin and carmelos first game together. They will develop. Not sure if you guys recall but Anthony played great in Denver and they had a similar quick transition offense as does the Knicks.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

let's give it some time, melo says he isn't a selfish player so let's see if he will adapt to the system. also, c'mon people, did you expect the knicks to win every game? it's not gonna happen...

LuolBigDeng
    LuolBigDeng's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 228

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    let's give it some time, melo says he isn't a selfish player so let's see if he will adapt to the system. also, c'mon people, did you expect the knicks to win every game? it's not gonna happen...

No, but getting smoked by the Nets shouldn't be expected either

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

didn't the nets spank chicago couple games prior? you didn't expect that either did you luol?

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

If the Knicks stink when Melo comes back it's for one reason only - you score that many points when you shoot the ball 200 times/game. Guy has incredible talent and no game.

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

I think the Knicks will be fine and eventually lock down the 3rd seed. They still have a line up that can play lockdown defense when they have Chandler, Jefferies, and Shumpert in. Those two losses under Lin, had more to do with New Orleans making 50% of their shots and the Nets making 15 three's. Any team shooting like that can beat anyone in the NBA, it don't matter how good your defense is.

laddder
    laddder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 933

Quote Originally Posted by WvGambler View Post
    If the Knicks win, it'll always be because of Lin and in spite of Carmelo. If they lose, it's because Carmelo came back. He'll demand to be traded soon. He can't win either way.

LeBron already took the blame...

Redscot
    Redscot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5796

Quote Originally Posted by frostno98 View Post
    I think the Knicks will be fine and eventually lock down the 3rd seed. They still have a line up that can play lockdown defense when they have Chandler, Jefferies, and Shumpert in. Those two losses under Lin, had more to do with New Orleans making 50% of their shots and the Nets making 15 three's. Any team shooting like that can beat anyone in the NBA, it don't matter how good your defense is.
    This is relevant IMO. The Knicks need to bring the D to get anywhere post season. Carmelo may not bring that, but he does bring a guy who can get his when the game get's stagnant in half court playoff basketball, a necessity. The bigger problem I see is J.R.Smith. He's an unnecessary wild card on this team imo that was not in need. The Knicks were developing a good rotation off the bench (Jeffries D, Shumperts athleticism and D, Novak's spot up shooting, Walker serviceable all around).... Shumpert is far more important to the team NOW and especially going forward than Smith. Wrong cat to bring into the environment they are trying to create. Rotation is now a nightmare for Dantoni. Carmelo has his warts, but he is a big asset to this team as it is constructed. J.R. Smith (nothing against him) was a BAD signing with the personnel they had, and far more of an impediment to the chemistry they were building imo.

RJKing
    RJKing's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3847

the play was wide open and loose. When melo plays it's tight and stale. NO movement. Forced shots and stupid passes. Lin needs his 2 big men for the screen and roll. Knicks don't need howard, they need to dump Melo for next to nothing. This is a well rounded team without him.