will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

Jeremy Lin vs. Miami Heat- A "must watch"

He schooled Dirk's boys, he flatout outplayed Kobe, can he measure up to D. Wade and LBJ? That's the ultimate test.

Chandler will neautralize Bosh. Chandler is a great pickup for NY. As you watch these games, Tyson is underrated.

I think Lin faces the big test here and if he passes or even hold's his own, New York has a great future

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!
    Capybara's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6238

He doesn't have to pass any more tests; he's passed them; he's a player.

But I agree that this should be fun to watch and an interesting matchup.

onacloud
    onacloud's Avatar Become A Pro!

Knicks might win one game in a series against the Heat don't kid yourself

Money
    Money's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2339

If the Heat wanted to they could completely shut down Lin by putting Lebron on him. Look what Lebron does to
    DRose. Miami will be able to put Chalmers on Lin though.

wrongturn
    Update your status
    wrongturn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3726

Unless Stern tells Spoelstra to back off, Miami should win this easily. It is in Miami and on national TV after all.

ephi408
    ephi408's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Money View Post
    If the Heat wanted to they could completely shut down Lin by putting Lebron on him. Look what Lebron does to
    DRose. Miami will be able to put Chalmers on Lin though.
    they put marion on him Lin and i would venture to say that Marion is a better perimeter defender than lebron

28 points
    14 assists

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1836

Quote Originally Posted by ephi408 View Post
    they put marion on him Lin and i would venture to say that Marion is a better perimeter defender than lebron

28 points
    14 assists
    marion is old, past his prime,

BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2158

LeBron suffocated Rose last yr

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

Anyone care to guess the line?

I'd say Heat -9

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ephi408 View Post

28 points
    14 assists

Isn't Marion 42 years old?

I'm going out on a limb saying that 59 year old gary payton could stop this Lin scrub.

Money

An interesting thought is how will the Knicks respond to Melo returning. To me, Carmelo is an incredible scorer. He can get his shot off against anyone and score on a nightly basis. However, his defensive liability is impossible to overlook. And in this day and age of the Nba, a team led by Melo will not be able to compete against the elites, IMO.

What if the Knicks were to trade Melo? Possibly send him and Tyson to Orlando for Dwight and another piece. I think Tyson's doing an incredible job this year with this team and don't think Dwight is a good fit with Ny in this scenario. Instead, what about trading Melo and getting some good versatile pieces? Not like these scenarios are likely or even possible but wouldn't the Knicks be a more competitive team in the playoffs if they added a Lamar Odom and more? They would lose a defensive liability and add a guy who can play the 3,4, or 5 and they have a very flexible lineup.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Melo isn't going anywhere. You have to have scoring options to win in the playoffs. As awesome as Lin has been, the minutes may take a toll on his body as the season rolls on + in a seven game series, you know coaches will have more time to adjust their defenses to stop him. Keeping a player like Melo gives the Knicks three great scorers in Lin, Stoudemire and Melo. That's a team you can go far with if the coach does his job and puts players into roles that work for the team.

I think you also have to consider this was Melo's dream to play for the Knicks. I may be wrong, but from a PR standpoint he's said all the right things before coming back into the lineup about how great Lin is for the team, etc. I think he understands that this is a better team now than when he left and if it gets worse when he comes back, everyone is going to jump all over him.

No way in hell they trade Tyson Chandler or even entertain the possibility. Guy is locker room gold and a defensive stud.

Money

I agree that you need scoring options in the playoffs, but wouldn't you say defense wins championships? What makes Miami so much better than NY is their defense. I would argue NY already has scoring options in Amare and JR Smith, and also Lin aslong as he keeps producing while decreasing his turnovers.
    Melo has said all the right things, but the fact is that when he gets back on court he will change the entire style of this team.

sportfan
    sportfan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4449

lin lin with jr smith , novak also playing good ball Knicks can be dangerous team

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

The bottom line in my opinion though is that in D'Antoni's system, defense isn't valued. I don't think they are going to change that mentality. Knicks knew what they were getting when they brought him in as far as his system. I think them changing that would be like forcing the square peg into the round hole so to speak.

I think unless the team becomes a colossal failure when Melo returns, they find a way to fit the pieces together that they have. Having more scoring options can help cover up some of the defensive deficiencies when they force the other team to have to work hard on both ends of the court. Just my two cents. Interesting to watch where they go.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I bet tickets are a minimum of $500 for this game up in high risers

Toughest ticket of the year in nba

PickWinnerAllDay
    I'd never gamble again for Taylor Swift
    PickWinnerAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Miami doesn't have an elite point guard... wouldn't the Bulls be a tougher test?

smarotta09
    smarotta09's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10427

did someone compare marion to lebron defense wise ?? MAYBE 5 years ago you can make a case for that

305GURU
    305GURU's Avatar Become A Pro!

Another tough test, esp on the road...kid can ball and shouldnt have to prove that anymore but this will be his toughest challenge by far

willyback
    willyback's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Miami will bring "Lin-sanity" to a definitive halt. Jeremy's not worthy. Everybody wants to imagine the impossible for this guy, but come on, lets be real about Lin's recent successes.

Mike D'Antoni's offense scheme is the perfect fit for Jeremy Lin. The run-and-gun system revolves around the point guard position, moving the ball forward as fast as possible, hitting all the quick shots. Lin's style of play fits into this system perfectly. Plus, he's got a staple run-and-gun post presence in Amare Stoudemire. It's a full team effort, but Lin's getting all of the credit.

I think that a young Baron Davis would have been able to run the same offense with equal or more success than Lin.

3PtShooter
    3PtShooter's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16233

Lin scores ,,,,,,,,,,

Mexes
    Mexes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5463

when the all star rosters were presented the first thing I asked myself was "why the hell is joe johnson again an all-star?"

KingJD31
    KingJD31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7042

Quote Originally Posted by BigDeem5 View Post
    LeBron suffocated Rose last yr
    yeah cause putting lebron on lin makes alot sense cause its not like the knicks have carmelo

KingJD31
    KingJD31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7042

knicks fans are gonna dominate the crowd in miami always do

whoatommy
    whoatommy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by willyback View Post

I think that a young Baron Davis would have been able to run the same offense with equal or more success than Lin.
    Compliment to Lin right? Cuz young Baron was an absolute stud.