marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9132

lakers are done. they are going to fight for a playoff spot this year

PR9
    PR9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 651

Phil Jackson. there's alot more on what a total piece of shot Kobe is from Jackson' book than just what's printed here. Here is a small excerpt from his book. Enjoy ;-)

“We were playing solid team ball, a rarity this season, although, as usual, Kobe seemed intent on taking over. “Get me the f***ing ball,” he said on his way to the bench, a demand Kobe had never verbalized. I smiled, didn’t say a word, and went to chart a play on the clipboard. I sometimes think Kobe is so addicted to being in control that he would rather shoot the ball when guarded, or even double-teamed, than dish it to an open teammate.

“They’re making you get in your attack mode,” I told him when he came off the floor during a timeout late in the game. “You’re going to have to pass the ball. They’re not calling the fouls for you.” He was in no mood to back down. “I’m going to f***ing crush them,” he said. “I just haven’t found my shooting yet.”

“I was at a motel in Williston, North Dakota, when the call came from Mitch. “You’re not going to believe this,” he said, telling me about Kobe and the rape allegations in Colorado. Was I surprised? Yes, but not entirely. Kobe can be consumed with surprising anger, which he’s displayed toward me and toward his teammates.”

“Why don’t the two get along? I have my theories, one of which is that Shaquille is making the type of money, about $25 million a year, that Kobe will never earn due to the changes in the league’s collective bargaining agreement. No matter how many MVP trophies Kobe might collect in the decade ahead, there is nothing he can do about this discrepancy. In fact, the word I got was that Kobe was the only player in the entire league who voted against the agreement because of the cap it put on salaries.”

“This was another example of the basic difference between him and Kobe. Ask Shaq to do something and he’ll say: “No, I don’t want to do that.” But after a little pouting, he will do it. Ask Kobe, and he’ll say “okay,” and then he will do whatever he wants.”

“Kobe’s defense, to be accurate, has faltered in recent years, despite his presence on the league’s all-defensive team. The voters have been seduced by his remarkable athleticism and spectacular steals, but he hasn’t played sound, fundamental defense. Mesmerized by the ball, he’s gambled too frequently, putting us out of position, forcing rotations that leave a man wide open, and doesn’t keep his feet on the ground.”

I had been told that in high school Kobe “sabotaged” games to keep them close enough for him to dominate at the end.

Shaq, clearly affected, began to respond when Kobe cut him off. “Quit your crying,” Kobe said. I then jumped in. “Kobe, you’re as much to blame as Shaq is, if not more.” “You’re the one who should f***ing talk,” he said. “You said I sabotaged games.”

“From what I understand, the defining characteristic of Kobe’s childhood was his anger.

“I’m not going to take any shit from Shaq this year,” Kobe blurted out. “If he starts saying things in the press, I’ll fire back. I’m not afraid to go up against him. I’ve had it.”

Kobe to the press: “I definitely don’t need advice on how to play my game,” he said “I know how to play my guard spot. He can worry about the low post” “When I asked Kobe to stop his habit of screaming at his teammates on the court because it creates insecurity, he came right back at me. “That’s bullshit,” he said. “You’re the one that’s causing them to be anxious. They’re afraid to make a mistake.”

“Earlier this week at El Segundo there was an incident at practice. On the way to the court, I asked Kobe, still nursing a sore shoulder, if he was up to doing a little running. Sure, he responded, as soon as he finished his treatment. Almost an hour went by, and there was no Kobe sighting. Finally, with an ice pack on his shoulder, he took a seat on the sideline. It began to dawn on me that contrary to what he had told me, Kobe had no intention of running. After practice I followed Kobe to the training room, asking him why he lied to me. He was being sarcastic, he said. Wrong answer. I told him that he needed to treat me with respect, not sarcasm. I turned and walked away, heading to the coaches’ locker room. A minute later I heard him cursing in the training room in front of the players, though I couldn’t make out the exact words….Now I was the one who was angry.
    I went upstairs to see Mitch in his office.

Wasting no time, I went off on a tirade about the need to deal Kobe before the trading deadline in mid-February. “I won’t coach this team next year if he is still here,” I said emphatically. “He won’t listen to anyone. I’ve had it with this kid.” My monologue-Mitch barely said a word at first-reminded me of similar eruption in the middle of my first year when I presented what I thought was a very logical argument for trading Kobe at that time. “Everyone says what a mature person this kid is,” I said. “He’s not mature at all.” The deal I had in mind was Kobe to Phoenix for Jason Kidd and Shawn Marion.”

“Are you feeling like you’re going to come back next year?” Jeanie asked me. “Well, not if Kobe Bryant is on this team next year,” I told her. “He’s too complex a person. I don’t need this.”

William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Quote Originally Posted by JM92 View Post
    I just think its funny that a guy came here, talking about a fact that is right in front of everyone's eyes: Kobe is a selfish arrogant ************. And then even gave some possible solutions for the Lakers to be better. How did Lakers fans react? "Hater men what a hater".

So, I guess sense in La goes like this: "oh look at that guy talking about ways to improve our 18-14 team! what a hater, like we lost 0-4 in last years playoffs ore something!".
    Do your homework on the idiocy of this prostitute loving, Lakers obsessed, liar and you'll know why.

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

Quote Originally Posted by William Walters View Post
    Do your homework on the idiocy of this prostitute loving, Lakers obsessed, liar and you'll know why.
    Obsessed huh? I am not the guy google searching Forum names onthe internet.

But yeah I said the lakers would suck this year, so far I havent been proven incorrect, if anything they have shown gam after game that I am entirely right. I also said they would be a lottery team, which IMO theyre going to be. I threw up their records for everyone to see and my estimates on what they would finish on a month to month basis. I think they are one game better than I thought they would be at this point. But theyre also playing a lot worse than I thought they would. they have had 6 or 7 games against really bad teams that they either lost or were life and death to squeak out a one possession win.

Their bench is even worse than I thought it was, Fisher is worse than I thought he was (and I knew he was bad), Barnes also isnt even close to being a starting quality guy and him getting replaced by frigging Ron Artest proves that out more than anything I can say will.

The mantra for any myopic fan is 'he is a hater', when in fact I just point out the blatantly obvious. Even though many socalled 'experts' claimed this team was still a top threat in the west. Some are even continuing that stupidity now. I guess theyre hoping they make some huge trade and go on a run so they can say "I told you so" or something.

I stated it when I saw the roster and the guys they had that this team would struggle to stay above 500, and that was if they were healthy. Which they have been. If Bynum goes down or kobe or Gasol forget it. I am surprised Bynum hasnt broken down yet due to all the minutes he has been racking up, but I say it is mostly a question of when not if.

That is also why Bynum isnt a legit trade asset. First he is an asshole that most people consider a dirty player, and isnt good enough to over come that. Second he hasnt proven he can stay healthy long enough to matter. While everyone wants a true center most teams are hard pressed to find a reason to take him. Besdies he is still fairly young and if he can be taught he can make a decent centerpiece going forward.

The irony of all this KOBE is the problem, and he is also the one who complains the most or looks to eject when things dont go his way. Like I said lakers would have been much better off trying to trade him away and keeping the guys they had rather than trying another one of their infamous back room deals (that got blown up this time) and trying to get everything for next to nothing.

I have had the last laugh or at least the continuing one. Lakers are 12-19 ATS (thats 39% in case you were wondering) so simply fading them on the blind has been money. As a dog theyre 3-8 only 3 they 'covered' they had to win SU, as favs theyre 9-11 but they have been able to win some of them SU but not by enough. But still 5 ML dogs plays against them hasnt been too hard to handle. Splitting the ATS plays with a losing ML isnt a complete disaster. Especially when the MLs have been 150 or more in most of those games. last night was the smallest one at +145.

Lakers sucking is nice, Clippers doing well is better, making money on both is priceless. Especially considering I hadnt made an NBA bet in about 10 years. But sometimes situations arise that create an obvious opportunity. ut it isnt really any strategy it is as simple as fade the lakers and follow the CLippers. Without getting fancy that would have given you an ATS record of 38-22. Which isnt too shabby. My record isnt that extensive because I pick and chose my spots. But when its 63% on the blind hitting 75% isnt too hard to if you pay attention.

Its all about making money to me. You guys crying over Kobe and the Lakers just makes it that much sweeter.

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

PR9 and wantitall both with 8 paragraph posts. Unreal. You can't make this stuff up.

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

Quote Originally Posted by zsr View Post
    PR9 and wantitall both with 8 paragraph posts. Unreal. You can't make this stuff up.

greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

So I read maybe 6 words from all of these posts, I assume betting your house on Lakers -4 is the play tonight?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: William Walters

riffraff24
    ...and out come the wolves
    riffraff24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Quote Originally Posted by zsr View Post

LMAO fukking scrubs. go back to canada

PickWinnerAllDay
    I'd never gamble again for Taylor Swift
    PickWinnerAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by PR9 View Post
    Read Phil Jackson's book & read about what an overrated player Kobe the stringbean bryant is, the horrible team player he is, and the total shit person he is as well. Jackson didn't hold anything back and said it like it is
    He is better than Wade will ever be.

Wade went from tough to big pussy ever since Lebron showed up.

William Walters

Quote Originally Posted by wantitall4moi View Post

Obsessed huh? I am not the guy google searching Forum names onthe internet.

But yeah I said the lakers would suck this year, so far I havent been proven incorrect, if anything they have shown gam after game that I am entirely right. I also said they would be a lottery team, which IMO theyre going to be. I threw up their records for everyone to see and my estimates on what they would finish on a month to month basis. I think they are one game better than I thought they would be at this point. But theyre also playing a lot worse than I thought they would. they have had 6 or 7 games against really bad teams that they either lost or were life and death to squeak out a one possession win.

Their bench is even worse than I thought it was, Fisher is worse than I thought he was (and I knew he was bad), Barnes also isnt even close to being a starting quality guy and him getting replaced by frigging Ron Artest proves that out more than anything I can say will.

The mantra for any myopic fan is 'he is a hater', when in fact I just point out the blatantly obvious. Even though many socalled 'experts' claimed this team was still a top threat in the west. Some are even continuing that stupidity now. I guess theyre hoping they make some huge trade and go on a run so they can say "I told you so" or something.

I stated it when I saw the roster and the guys they had that this team would struggle to stay above 500, and that was if they were healthy. Which they have been. If Bynum goes down or kobe or Gasol forget it. I am surprised Bynum hasnt broken down yet due to all the minutes he has been racking up, but I say it is mostly a question of when not if.

That is also why Bynum isnt a legit trade asset. First he is an asshole that most people consider a dirty player, and isnt good enough to over come that. Second he hasnt proven he can stay healthy long enough to matter. While everyone wants a true center most teams are hard pressed to find a reason to take him. Besdies he is still fairly young and if he can be taught he can make a decent centerpiece going forward.

The irony of all this KOBE is the problem, and he is also the one who complains the most or looks to eject when things dont go his way. Like I said lakers would have been much better off trying to trade him away and keeping the guys they had rather than trying another one of their infamous back room deals (that got blown up this time) and trying to get everything for next to nothing.

I have had the last laugh or at least the continuing one. Lakers are 12-19 ATS (thats 39% in case you were wondering) so simply fading them on the blind has been money. As a dog theyre 3-8 only 3 they 'covered' they had to win SU, as favs theyre 9-11 but they have been able to win some of them SU but not by enough. But still 5 ML dogs plays against them hasnt been too hard to handle. Splitting the ATS plays with a losing ML isnt a complete disaster. Especially when the MLs have been 150 or more in most of those games. last night was the smallest one at +145.

Lakers sucking is nice, Clippers doing well is better, making money on both is priceless. Especially considering I hadnt made an NBA bet in about 10 years. But sometimes situations arise that create an obvious opportunity. ut it isnt really any strategy it is as simple as fade the lakers and follow the CLippers. Without getting fancy that would have given you an ATS record of 38-22. Which isnt too shabby. My record isnt that extensive because I pick and chose my spots. But when its 63% on the blind hitting 75% isnt too hard to if you pay attention.

Its all about making money to me. You guys crying over
    Kobe and the Lakers just makes it that much sweeter.

WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: William Walters

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

Here is another thing I just realized for the guys who are so in love with the lakers. theyre 4-3 against their own division, basically the worst division in the NBA. Clippers on the other hand have only played 3 games and are 2-1, their loss the set up game against LA where they made sure lakers would win to make the third game semi interesting.

How big will the separation be when Clippers start playing the shitty western conference teams?

So just more evidence lakers have an inflated and over rated record mostly due to a severely low degree of difficulty in their schedule.

William Walters

Quote Originally Posted by wantitall4moi View Post
    you fail at math. I had Atl +200 ML that game I had Pho +14- ML last nioight, still profit at 1-1. I even playeed ON the lakers -7 at home against Phonix as that was a good line considering how bad phoenix is. So I will take them if the line is right generally it isnt. So I am 2-1 last 2 games and +1.4 units on them. Add that to the 15 or so I have made fading them up to this point and theyre one of my favorite teams.

Then add that to the +165 I am going to get tonight on the Lakers and I will be up 3 units in the past 4 games. Even if I dont win tonight 2-2 is still profitable. But I am confident Portland will win.
    Tell us more wantitall.... How did that Portland money line play work out for you?

It's so freaken odd that you're hitting about 15% when you post plays before the Lakers play....yet....approximately 90% when you tell us after the fact that you won "at least 12" times betting against the Lakers.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: zsr

darkhat
    darkhat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

Do you prefer backpage hookers or ones straight from the erotic review?
    Nomination(s):

First 12