Living The Dream
    Looks like an Underdog Week 2!
    Living The Dream's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 761

NBA is too watered down

Too many teams not enough good players. These games tonight horrible. 2 teams can't score 40 points by the half, one team down 40+ points, wow...

Time for the NBA to seriously consider getting rid of some teams, they are embarrassing themselves.

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

nba has been a horrible product for 10+ years now

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

NBA is booming..ask many owners

Living The Dream
    Looks like an Underdog Week 2!
    Living The Dream's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 761

That's not even counting the Magic who scored 31 in the first half. Lakers look like they are shitting the bed also... What an embarrassment

Tree Rollins
    Tree Rollins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1029

Should have contracted Bobcats and Hornets already...

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9752

agree, i can hardly watch, if i didnt bet on some games, i woulnd't watch at all except playoffs

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post

NBA is booming..ask many owners
    Do you mean many as in about 6?

What do you think the lockout was about son?

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

NBA is dog shit. Bad product. Top heavy league.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21629

NBA has always been top heavy. Nothing new. I don't think quality is any worse than in the past.

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

Once the Lakers are a lottery team for about 3 or 4 years and the Knicks stupidity dies and they continue to be just another sucky team, and you have the 'best' teams in the league that dominate the play offs in OKC, Miami, and Clippers. Then you have the next tier teams in towns like Denver, Memphis, Chicago and Atlanta theyll start to realize the whole "small market" thing is a pipe dream.

They could fold 6 teams right now and people would even notice. Milwaukee, Toronto, new Orleans (although New Orleans should really be able to support a team), Charlotte, Sacramento, and maybe even Detroit as bad as that city is financially. The first 5 no doubt could be gone. But to maintain balance they would have to eliminate 4 or 6. So maybe keep New Orleans and Detroit and get rid of the other 4.

What they need to do is make people stay in school or go to the D league or over seas. I would say set a minimum age into the NBA higher than it is now. Obviously stopping the high school kids wasnt enough. They should also have a Q school sort of like golf, anyone that cant make 50% of their free throws cant join the NBA, unfortunately that would eliminate half the Clippers but oh well.

THere is a lot of talent, just not a lot of skill. This year just highlights it because so many guys slacked off and didnt do the work hey should have.

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

I say move the Charlotte Bobcats to Seattle and rename them the Super Sonics.

bb_skoots
    bb_skoots's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 389

Charles Barkley says the nba needs to contract 4 teams. He wont name which ones because he would be in hot water if he did that. Basically he says the nba screws the paying fans.

cankid
    cankid's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10316

Products been bad for awhile but seems even worse this year

Sportsbetting123
    Sportsbetting123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

As long as Stern is making his money he doesn't care and nothing will change.

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

charlotte, toronto, washington and sacramento ... you would never even know they were gone

jmonkres
    jmonkres's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 554

I doubt they'd contract Charlotte. That team is the worst team in the league by far but is 15th in attendance. If they ever get good at all they will be near the top of attendance. That city has a big population and can easily support a team. Shockingly the Hawks and Grizzlies are 21st and 22nd?
    Anyway, the best teams to contract would be without a doubt New Orleans and Milwuakee. Some people say Toronto but I highly doubt the NBA would contract its only Canadian market team.

PR9
    PR9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 651

I don't understand why people outside of Canada bring up the Raptors. The GTA area has about 7 million people, it's the 4th or 5th largest metro area in north america. And the Raptors have good attendance and good support averaging about 17,000 fans per game every year-- that's higher than longtime NBA franchises like the 76ers in Philly, Indiana (which is a basketball hotbed) , Suns, Houston, Cavs, etc

RollPlayer
    RollPlayer's Avatar Become A Pro!

I can't wait to see Seattle get a new stadium and take the Hornets. We need basketball back here again

raydog

you guys are getting off track a bit... the discussion was about the shit teams being contracted....not about the shit attendance for certain teams that would cause them to get chucked... thats a whole different conversation

jmonkres

Quote Originally Posted by raydog View Post
    you guys are getting off track a bit... the discussion was about the shit teams being contracted....not about the shit attendance for certain teams that would cause them to get chucked... thats a whole different conversation
    The NBA wouldn't contract a team just because they're a a "Shit team". Bottom line is NBA cares about making $. Attendance is a big part of that. If you don't have a fan base it doesn't matter how good/bad your team is. Every team is ultimately going to have it's up and down years. The Knicks have been putrid the last 10 years, but they still bring in big $. As long as teams like Charlotte and Toronto keep people coming to games it won't matter how bad they are. Then when you contract the teams that can't be supported by their city like New Orleans their players will go somewhere. Then you'll get players like Eric Gordon going to these "shit team" and create a deeper league.

raydog

Quote Originally Posted by jmonkres View Post
    The NBA wouldn't contract a team just because they're a a "Shit team". Bottom line is NBA cares about making $. Attendance is a big part of that. If you don't have a fan base it doesn't matter how good/bad your team is. Every team is ultimately going to have it's up and down years. The Knicks have been putrid the last 10 years, but they still bring in big $. As long as teams like Charlotte and Toronto keep people coming to games it won't matter how bad they are. Then when you contract the teams that can't be supported by their city like New Orleans their players will go somewhere. Then you'll get players like Eric Gordon going to these "shit team" and create a deeper league.
    thanks for the econ lesson, captain obvious jk pal... but if i wanted to talk about the attendance and money side of the league, i would... we were talking about bad teams with bad players and it got hijacked a bit...its all good, we all agree with you on the money side of things...its not difficult to figure out

jmonkres

I personally would like a 24 league team but it'd never happen..

byronbb
    byronbb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2284

Bad parity. There are a handful of teams whose core superstars demand a winning attitude from their co-workers and then after that its playground hoops for millions.